Brilliant Babar sets up 20 run win

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Ahson8, Sep 12, 2017.

Brilliant Babar sets up 20 run win

by Ahson Afzal
Sep 12, 2017 at 9:25 PM
  1. Ahson8

Ahson8 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Babar.jpg

Pakistan sealed a 20-run win over World XI in the first match of a series of three Twenty20 Internationals, a fixture that marked the return of big-time cricket to Pakistan at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore on Tuesday.

Apart from hosting Zimbabwe for five limited-overs matches in 2015, this was the first instance of international cricket in Pakistan since the attack on the Sri Lankan team bus back in 2009, and the home team matched the occasion with a clinical performance in what was its first game since beating India to win the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 title in England earlier this year.

Pakistan, sent in to bat, put up a strong 197 for 5, with Babar Azam scoring a career-best 86 off just 52 balls, before the visiting side was stopped at 177 for 7.

Azam helped Pakistan recover from the early loss of Fakhar Zaman for eight. Zaman, who smashed a match-winning century in the ICC Champions Trophy final, hit two boundaries before edging Morne Morkel to Hashim Amla in the slips.

Azam and Ahmed Shehzad then shaped the innings with their 122-run second-wicket stand with Azam looking in top form. He hit ten fours and two towering sixes. Shehzad also hit three fours in his 34-ball 39 before holing out off Ben Cutting.

Azam carried on, never losing momentum, and once he departed, caught in the deep by David Miller off Imran Tahir, it was left to Shoaib Malik to give impetus to the innings. Malik did well, smashing four fours and two sixes in his 20-ball 38, while Imad Wasim hit two sixes towards the end in an unbeaten 15 in four balls.

In reply, World XI reached 40 by the fifth over with Tamim Iqbal smashing three fours in his run-a-ball 18 and Amla cracking a six and four hits to the fence in scoring 26 in 17 balls, but both fell in the sixth over bowled by Rumman Raees.

It was left to Faf du Plessis, the World XI captain, to anchor the chase, and he shaped well early on, dealing in boundaries before he played one shot too many off Shadab Khan. His 29 in 18 balls included four boundaries and a six. Shadab followed up with the wicket of Miller to finish with 2 for 33.

Darren Sammy did try his best towards the end, but the asking rate was too high. He finished with 29 not out in 16 balls, his innings studded with three sixes and a four, as World XI finished 20 runs short.

Du Plessis felt that he should have batted on, saying after the match, “It was a good game, I thought Pakistan played exceptionally well. I thought it was a 180 wicket, so maybe we gave away 20 runs too many. Our bowling was possibly one-dimensional. They had a lot of variety, spinners, left-arm, right-arm. It was a great occasion to play here, and as soon as we walked into the field, it was just a normal game. I needed to get a 50 or 60 for us to win.”

Sarfraz Ahmed, the Pakistan captain, hailed his side’s win and hoped that there would be a full house for the next game, to be played without a day’s gap on Wednesday at the same venue. “Great to play in front of the Pakistani fans, hopefully next two games we can get a full house,” he said. “It was a very important match. No praise is too high for our players, especially Babar Azam, and the way Ahmed Shehzad played, and the way Shoaib Malik and Imad Wasim finished the innings.

“We've got some very good players, which is why the selection committee is giving them a lot of opportunities. Our fitness is getting better day after day, and the humidity today was a test of it, and we passed it.”

https://www.icc-cricket.com/news/471280

The author is a medical student and an avid fan of Pakistan cricket.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2011
      Excellent write up. Excellent win.

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      Was working yesterday and also working again today. Wish they had scheduled these games for the weekend. Good win in the end for Pakistan. Great to see cricket being played back home again.

3. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      Pakistani Fans Show Gratitude to World XI For Playing in Lahore

Spectators in heavily guarded Gaddafi Stadium showed their appreciation on Tuesday for the World XI, the first major cricket team to visit Pakistan in eight years.

Fans displayed placards with lines such as "World XI whole nation welcome you," ''Faf love you" and "Thanks for coming" to show their excitement on the return of big international cricket in Pakistan.

More than half of the stadium was filled when the World XI players from seven countries were ferried around the stadium in decorated traditional three-wheelers. Captain Faf du Plessis then won the toss for the first of three Twenty20s against Pakistan this week and opted to bowl first.

Fans had to show their national identification cards and go through at least four security checkpoints to enter the 25,000-seat stadium.

Thousands of guards, including army soldiers, patrolled the stadium in Lahore, where a terror attack on the Sri Lanka team in 2009 caused major teams to shun touring Pakistan.

The Pakistan Cricket Board, along with the International Cricket Council, regard the T20s on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday as a step to winning back the confidence of foreign teams over security concerns.

"It's a huge occasion for world cricket and it's something much bigger than the game," du Plessis said at the toss. "Great to see we can play a small part in bringing cricket back to Pakistan."

The enthusiastic fans were not bothered about the extraordinary security in place as they waited in long queues outside the stadium.

"I simply want to see star players in action and these strict security arrangements do not bother me at all," said Mohammad Sarwar, a local lawyer.

[​IMG]
      Members of World XI team enjoy ride of traditional rickshaws ahead of the start of first Twenty20 cricket match between the World XI team and Pakistan, in Lahore, Pakistan (Photo: AP)
      Big pictures of the World XI players were displayed outside the stadium. They included five from South Africa including du Plessis, three from Australia, two from the West Indies and one each from Bangladesh, England, Sri Lanka and New Zealand.

"I am here to support the World XI because they are supporting our cause to revive international cricket," said Ahsan Ali, a school student.

Most of the fans were decked out in the green and white of Pakistan, which has played all of its major home matches in the United Arab Emirates for eight years.

"It's a dream come true for me to watch my favorite batsman Hashim Amla playing right in front of me today," said Imtiaz Gul, who came from Islamabad for the game. "I don't care which team wins because we want to prove to the cricketing world that it's safe to play in Pakistan."

https://www.thequint.com/sports/cricket/pakistan-vs-world-xi-lahore

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      Shaniera Akram joins fans in Lahore to cheer Cricket Ki Halalala

LAHORE: Thousands of cricket fans in Lahore joined the nation in celebrating one of the most important days in the history of Pakistan cricket, as the World XI took on Pakistan in the first of a three-match Independence Cup T20 series on Tuesday.

Among the fans was Shaniera Akram, an Australia-born-Pakistani, as she introduces herself.

Shaneira joined the local crowd to cheer “Cricket Ki Halalala” in the enclosure named after her husband, the Sultan of Swing Wasim Akram.

“I was so proud to be at Gaddafi Stadium sitting in my husband’s stand watching a live cricket match. We have been waiting so many years for this day,” Mrs Akram told Geo.tv in an exclusive chat.

“For me today was about being amongst the atmosphere, amongst the people, and take every moment in. It was hot and it was loud and it was exciting and I loved every minute, it was just like cricket should be,” said Shaniera when asked why she didn’t sit upstairs in the air-conditioned hospitality boxes.

Shaniera, who married Wasim Akram in 2013, said that Pakistan is a land of hospitality.

“Because of the kindness of the people here I am not a guest in this country anymore this is my home,” she said.

“Pakistan is a country that shows its guests love to another level, and I am sure the cricketers from overseas are feeling it right now. We are a wonderful country and now we get to show the world what wonderful hosts we are,” Shaneira said as Pakistan were heading towards victory in the first match.

The wife of former skipper added that the Pakistan vs World XI game was so much more than a cricket match for everyone in Pakistan.

“It was about showing the world what a hospitable country we are,” she explained.

“Thank you to the cricketers, crew and commentators from around the world who came to our country to contribute to the revival of cricket in Pakistan. And from me and my country I know we can say with whole heart - welcome to Pakistan,” said Shaniera, who also uses her influence on social media to portray Pakistan’s positive image.

For Shaniera, as well, the series also stands for more than just a game of cricket.

“When my daughter asks me years from now, where was I when cricket came back to Pakistan, I want to tell her I was right there sitting at Gaddafi Stadium in the crowd with the rest of the country,” she said.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/157845-sh...t-fans-in-lahore-to-cheer-cricket-ki-halalala

5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      Match notes on returning to Gaddafi Stadium

upload_2017-9-13_8-49-46.png

The last international match I saw at Gaddafi Stadium was in January 2009, the infamous 234-run defeat to Sri Lanka. Pakistan were bowled out for 75 and so too from the captaincy was Shoaib Malik. That series was also a path-breaker of sorts, or more accurately, a gesture. India had pulled out of a tour after the Mumbai attacks. Pakistan was struggling to attract teams and in stepped Sri Lanka, gracious and willing as always.

Eight-and-a-half years later, Gaddafi beckoned again, another, more momentous path-breaker this time. In no particular order some notes on a return to Gaddafi Stadium.

In Lahori (it's not really a language, though, okay, it is) it is Qazzafi, not Gaddafi. Muammar Gaddafi was a Libyan dictator and sure, he was friendly with Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto, once Pakistan's Prime Minister, for a little while in the 1970s. We all swung that way once.

But to Lahore, and Pakistan, Qazzafi is a stadium and, in the truest sense of the word, the home of cricket.

Gaddafi Stadium is not nearly as imposing, or towering as I remember. I probably remember wrong, but the stadium was the most amphitheatric of Pakistan's venues - certainly the grandest (which it still is). The architecture, Moghul-inspired in its magnificent redesign in the mid-90s, is one reason. The red-stone façade can still demand one's gaze for longer than most works of architecture, let alone stadiums. It could also just be its history: there since the 1950s, but essentially built by the will, presence and foresight of that early-years giant Abdul Hafeez Kardar in the 1970s. It is also the scene of the only World Cup final held in Pakistan, and a sprinkling - not enough - of memorable moments otherwise.

Cricket stadiums the world over have undergone renovations and facelifts and have started looking like unblemished, pristine multi-purpose venues rather than sporting stadiums. Gaddafi still looks like it is from an older age, built from blood, sweat and memories. Where that should enhance the charm, instead tonight it exaggerates a meekness about the place. Which shouldn't be surprising given that it had one job to do, which was to host big-time matches, but which it can't. That goes and naturally, the aura, goes with it.

Babar Azam is a hero.

Liberty Chowk, where the day began, is an unremarkable but notable Lahore junction. It is here that the Sri Lankan team bus was attacked, a turn from entering the premises of Gaddafi Stadium. On Tuesday, as early as five hours before the game, fans had started to filter in, waiting to get on to specially-hired buses that would take them the short distance into Gaddafi Stadium.

Pakistani fans came decked up in all shades and colours AFP
      A couple of men turned up, one of whom had traveled from Larkana, over 800km south-east of Lahore, in Sindh, for a game that would be over in just over three-and-a-half hours. One gentleman on the bus was a Gaddafi regular, when one could be such a thing. Back in the day, he used to walk to the stadium, unimpeded by the five (at least) rings of security checks he would have to go through today. That's how he went to watch the Test against India in 1978-79. It so happened that he worked for a well-known law firm in Lahore which had defended Salim Malik and Shoaib Akhtar. A reporter found a couple who traveled 26 hours to watch this game, having found themselves stuck at Liberty Chowk on the day of the attacks.

A young man on the bus, with hair that probably has its own TV show, told us that Virat Kohli was originally meant to be captain of the World XI side but that the Pakistani government prevented it from happening. He wasn't wearing a "Ye bik gayi hai gormint" (look it up) t-shirt, but he should've been.

Then he told us about a betting app through which he could prove how matches were fixed, even, he insisted, the Champions Trophy final. Then he and his hair left.

The stadium was not full. It was, according to most guesstimates, 16000-to-18000-out-of-25000 full. Faf du Plessis noticed it. Paul Collingwood did as well. This surprised me, even after there had been plenty of talk around of ticket sales not going well. I mean this was only the sixth international game of cricket in Pakistan since 2009 and yes the weather wasn't the best and the security an ordeal and it was a weeknight, but Zimbabwe toured in May (Lahore in May equals no) with equal, if not more oppressive security, and the stands then were bursting.

The word is that the PCB got its ticketing policy drastically wrong, specifically in the way it has priced seats and availability. We will know more only when the rest of the games take place. In the bigger picture - where the hope is that nothing untoward happens so that more games can eventually be scheduled here - that bit can be overlooked. Still though.

The crowd that was there was not subdued exactly, but… is polite the right word? Too nice? Well-behaved. Not enough edge. There was energy don't get me wrong - Collingwood, who has played in Lahore before, thought the crowd's intensity was high - but, particularly when Pakistan fielded, this could've been a friendly, stake-less game and not one with international status (not that international-status games these days automatically acquire meaning). The overriding sentiment towards the opponent, the World XI, was of gratitude where a little more tribalism and boorishness might not have been amiss.

There were flutters of excitement when Hasan Ali came on. It went silent, like after a boundary being hit against India at Eden Gardens, when Faheem Ashraf came on. A player later wondered whether this team had enough stars in it. He was reminded that Faheem was a Champions Trophy winner. Crowds, too, started leaving early: mindful perhaps of the impositions on travel plans after the game ended.

Osman Samiuddin

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/20688277/match-notes-returning-gaddafi-stadium

6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      On Tuesday, the stars aligned in the sky, and on the field at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore as international cricket finally made its long-awaited return to Pakistan. The 2017 Independence Cup, featuring three T20 matches between Pakistan and the star-studded World XI team, began as an enthusiastic and cricket-starved crowd watched on.

The event marked a return to action for Pakistan’s cricket team, after their incredible triumph earlier this year at the Champions Trophy. With the likes of Tamim Iqbal, David Miller and Grant Elliott on the World XI side, it promised to be a stern test of Pakistan’s T20 credentials.

World XI skipper Faf du Plessis won the toss and opted to bowl first, in what were humid and muggy conditions. Concerns of dew settling in later in the evening must have played a part in the decision. On the other side, Sohail Khan made a return to the T20 fold, while bowling all-rounder Faheem Ashraf made his T20 debut after his impressive display in the 2017 Champions Trophy.

Pakistan opener Fakhar Zaman started with two boundaries off the first two balls but Zaman played one shot too many and was caught at slip in the same over.

[​IMG]
      Fakhar Zaman was furious with himself after departing early

Next up was Babar Azam. Now, it was the local lad’s turn to show his prowess in the limited overs format, as he launched an assault that left the World XI bowling attack in disarray. At the other end, Shehzad provided able support. The two racked in a 122-run partnership for the second wicket before the energy-sapping humidity of Lahore took its toll.

Shehzad eventually departed with a 39. Azam followed shortly after, but not before making a dazzling 86 off just 52 deliveries. Shoaib Malik and Imad Wasim provided the final flourish at the end, with Sri Lankan all-rounder Thisara Perera bearing the brunt of the assault as he watched three sixes soaring over him in the final over, which propelled Pakistan to a massive score of 197 in 20 overs.

[​IMG]
      Babar Azam scored his T20 career best 86

World XI opener Tamim Iqbal partnered with South African great Hashim Amla as the two got off to a flyer in their chase of the formidable target. Amla, in particular, looked in sublime touch right from the get go as the pair took on all comers. It was not until the final over of the bowling power play that Pakistan finally hit back, as left-arm pacer Rumman Raees struck twice to dismiss both Iqbal and Amla in one over, and with that wrestled control of the game.

Aussie wicketkeeper Tim Paine and du Plessis set out to do some damage control and build a partnership, with du Plessis in particular playing some delightful flicks to the fine leg boundary that kept the scoreboard ticking over. The pressure of the required run-rate was beginning to tell though, as du Plessis played one shot too many and was caught at deep midwicket off leg-spin prodigy Shadab Khan.

[​IMG]
      Du Plessis played some delightful flicks to the fine leg boundary

David Miller struggled to reply to Khan’s deadly googly and was swiftly stumped by Sarfraz as the World XI’s score fell to 123 for 5.

Peshawar Zalmi skipper and firm fan favourite Darren Sammy, then strode out to a raucous welcome, his big-hitting exploits in the PSL final six months earlier clearly not forgotten by those in the stadium. With 74 runs required off the last 5 overs, the task looked Herculean in nature but both Sammy and Perera gave it their all. Sammy smacked three massive sixes in an engaging tussle with his Zalmi teammate Hasan Ali, the latter flooring Sammy with a searing yorker reminiscent of Waqar Younis in his prime.

[​IMG]
      Sammy was floored by a beautiful yorker from Hasan Ali. It was so good that the batsman even clapped

Plenty of runs were on offer in a keenly contested showdown of power hitting, but the target was beyond their reach as the World XI could only manage 177 for the loss of 7 wickets, falling 20 runs short. In the end it was the final over demolition of Perera by Malik and Imad that proved to be the decisive factor.

With two more matches to go in the Independence Cup, there is plenty still at stake for both sides as Pakistan look to continue their winning streak in the T20 format, while the World XI remains as eager to hit back.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/157891-worldxi-about-last-night

7. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      Sarfraz heaps praise on Babar Azam

LAHORE: Pakistan captain Sarfraz Ahmad was all praise for Babar Azam following the batsman’s magnificent innings of 86, which led the hosts to a good total and to success in the first T20 international match of the Independence Cup at Gaddafi Stadium.

"He (Babar) batted too good and laid a strong foundation of team's big total which the World XI failed to chase," Sarfraz said in his post-match comments after Pakistan beat the World XI by 20 runs.

He said as Pakistan lost opener Fakhar Zaman at the start of the play, Babar's knock gave stability to Pakistan’s innings and together with opener Ahmed Shehzad, a good partnership came and the team was able to post a decent score.

"We played good cricket and we will try to maintain consistency in the coming games to get desired results," he said, adding, "Efforts will be made to overcome the flaws noticed in today’s match.”

Sarfraz said he was pleased to see that young players are rising up to the expectations and urged them to work harder to lift the level of their game in the making of quality cricketers.

"Another positive aspect is that the players are striving to improve physical fitness and improvement in players’ physical fitness was seen in today's match," he said.

He expressed his gratitude to the crowd for encouraging both the teams.

World XI captain Faf du Plessis said Pakistan played good cricket and won the match by building up early in the partnership, whereas his side could not consolidate the partnerships.

"We will be looking into today’s game to come up with better planning and exhibition of cricket skills to produce good results," he said.

Pakistan team's hero, Babar Azam said he batted with a plan after getting the initial response of the wicket and played the innings without taking pressure.

"I am happy that I have played my part in my team's success and I am very delighted that Pakistan has beaten World XI which comprises experienced players from around the world," he said.

Babar said his plan was to build the innings with a solid partnership and this objective was achieved along with Ahmed Shehzad.

He expressed his gratitude to the ICC for sending the World XI to Pakistan for the resumption of international cricket in the country.

"We as a team always try to give one hundred percent in every match," adding, "All the players were very excited to play in front of a full house.”

Babar said playing at home ground and in front of the home crowd are very special feelings compared to playing abroad or at neutral venues.

He said Pakistan team management is laying special emphasis on improvement in fielding and physical fitness and all the players are working on it.

"Our mindset is make a clean sweep in the series against World XI and all the players are committed to it by giving their best in different departments of the game.”

https://www.geo.tv/latest/157884-sarfraz-heaps-praise-on-babar-azam

8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      [​IMG]
      Babar Azam receiving Man of the Match award from PCB Chairman Najam Sethi after Pakistan winning the 1st T-20 cricket match between World-XI and Pakistan cricket teams at Qaddafi Stadium. Photo: APP

[​IMG]
      World XI batsman Thisara Perera plays a shot during the first Twenty20 international cricket match between the World XI and Pakistan at The Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI captain Faf du Plessis watches the ball after playing a shot during the first Twenty20 international cricket match between the World XI and Pakistan at The Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI captain Faf du Plessis (L) and teammate Tim Paine run between the wicket during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI batsman Tim Paine (L) hits a shot as Pakistani captain and wicketkeeper Sarfraz Ahmad looks on during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani spinner Shadab Khan (R) delivers the ball next to World XI captain Faf du Plessis during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI captain Faf du Plessis plays a shot during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI batsman Grant Elliott (R) plays a shot as Pakistan captain and wicketkeeper Sarfraz Ahmad looks on during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI squad player Tamim Iqbal scored 18 after Pakistani player Rumman Raees ended his stay. Photo: ONLINE

[​IMG]
      World XI batsman Hashim Amla walks back to the pavilion after his dismissal during the first Twenty20 international cricket match between the World XI and Pakistan at The Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani bowler Rumman Raees (C) celebrates with teammate Ahmed Shahzad after taking the wicket of World XI batsman Tamim Iqbal during the first Twenty20 international cricket match between the World XI and Pakistan at The Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani bowler Rumman Raees (C) celebrates with teammates after taking the wicket of World XI batsman Tamim Iqbal during the first Twenty20 international cricket match between the World XI and Pakistan at The Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

9. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      [​IMG]
      World XI batsman Hashim Amla plays a shot during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI batsman Tamim Iqbal (R) plays a shot as Pakistani captain and wicketkeeper Sarfraz Ahmad looks on during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani batsman Shoaib Malik is bowled out by World XI bowler Thisara Perera during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: Online

[​IMG]
      Pakistani cricket team player Ahmad Shahzad in action while batting as an opener during the first match of Independence Cup at Gaddafi Stadium. PHOTO: ONLINE

[​IMG]
      Pakistani batsman Shoaib Malik plays a shot during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani batsman Ahmed Shahzad (R) plays a shot as World XI wicketerkeeper Tim Paine looks on during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani batsman Babar Azam (R) plays a shot as World XI wicketerkeeper Tim Paine looks on during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI cricketers Imarn Tahir (L) celebrates with teammate Darren Sammy after dismissal of Pakistani batsman Babar Azam during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani batsman Babar Azam celebrates after scoring 50 runs during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore - AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani batsman Babar Azam (L) hugs teammate Ahmed Shahzad after scoring 50 runs during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI bowler Ben Cutting attempts a catch during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani spectators cheer as they watch the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

10. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      [​IMG]
      Pakistani batsman Ahmed Shahzad (R) eyes on the ball before playing a shot as World XI wicketkeeper Tim Paine looks on during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI cricketer Darren Sammy (R) celebrates after the dismissal of Pakistani batsman Fakhar Zaman during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani batsman Fakhar Zaman (R) reacts after his dismissal by World XI bowler Morne Morkel (L) during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      World XI players celebrate after the dismissal of Pakistani batsman Fakhar Zaman during the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017. Photo: AFP

[​IMG]
      A view of the Gaddafi Stadium, where World XI is playing against Pakistan cricket team. Photo: Geo News

[​IMG]
      Players of Pakistani Cricket team stand straight for the National Anthem before the beginning of the first match of Independence Cup at Gaddafi Stadium. Photo: ONLINE

[​IMG]
      Pakistani spectators cheer at the start of the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017 - AFP

[​IMG]
      Pakistani spectators cheer at the start of the first Twenty20 international match between the World XI and Pakistan at the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017.

[​IMG]
      International World XI players sit in auto-rickshaws as they acknowledge the crowd at the main entrance of the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017 - AFP

[​IMG]
      International World XI players Imran Tahir (C) and Hashim Amla (L) sit in an auto-rickshaw as they acknowledge the crowd at the main entrance of the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017 - AFP

[​IMG]
      International World XI cricketers Ben Cutting (R), Morne Morkel (C) and Imran Tahir (L) sit in auto-rickshaws as they acknowledge the crowd at the main entrance of the Gaddafi Cricket Stadium in Lahore on September 12, 2017 - AFP