1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

But you score 196 runs in your last 15 ODIs @ ave of 13.06 and S/R of 58.33, you are selected!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by XYZ, Apr 3, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    Only in PCB, only in Pakistan!

4-3-2015 7-43-35 AM.jpg

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 6
    • List
  2. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    I'm assuming this is Asad Shafiq's statistics :(
    We should stop getting frustrated with Pakistan Cricket as there are no chances of things improving when pack of incompetents are leading it.

3. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Azhar is Misbah 2.0 in every sense, early we realise, better it is.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  4. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Difference between them is that Azhar is not as talent & is more dependent on hardwork, hence he can change(for good) through practice.

5. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    Amateurs - bloody amateurs.

I expect Bangladesh will give them a hiding in the LOIs.

6. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Valid point, but that only encompasses his future as batsman. As far as captaincy is concerned, I don't see any difference between their thinking, keeping this 15 men squad in mind. I don't see any batter who could take the game away from opponents, a trait you would associate with a Misbah picked team.

7. ThaRealSaad

ThaRealSaad Youngsta Beauty

Feb 2, 2015
    Haha Asad Shafiq doesn't even deserve to be in the test squad and here he is representing Pakistan in ODIs. This man will miss a straight ball bowled at 130 odd KPH on the flat pitches of Dubai/Sharjah. He doesn't even deserve to play for a school team.

8. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Agreed but we can hope that Azhar may have learned from Misbah's failure. Also with Sarfaraz as his deputy it will help him to be aggressive.

9. Kianig89

Kianig89 Emerging Player

Oct 18, 2013
    Pretty pathetic tbh PCB's ineptness at its finest

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  10. Pakistani4Life

Pakistani4Life Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2015
    He's one of them most successful List A batsmen though. Give him a bit more of a chance I think, he might turn out to be a very good investment.

• List
  11. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    I feel another 10 ODI's before getting rid of him for good. If he's got any ambition of playing for a long time then it will need to be now or never. This guy reminds me of Ian Bell. The guys got a few good shots but never lives up to his potential

• List
  12. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Misbah has less talent than Azhar. I'm hoping Azhar, although bats slowly, may have a cricketing brain. Misbah in all his years still didn't accept he did anything wrong.

He used to cry about coming in at 10/3 all the time, yet failed to understand that if he came in earlier e.g one down, then the worst situation would be 0/1. That does not even require a cricketing brain, it's simple maths.

13. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    It not matter or Maths or brain; it more to do with ones concept of leadership. Some are those who will lead from front like Imran in 1992 WC to attack, some are like Inzi & Misbah trying to strengthen the fight back, both are valid way but i take your view that cribbing about it is wrong.

14. Pakistani4Life

Pakistani4Life Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2015
    LOL by your logic we should have Misbah be an opener and try to face all 300 deliveries.

15. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Deserves another go. After the terrible bathing performance at the World Cup, I don't really mind Asad.

16. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    No my logic is he should have retired 3 years ago.

But if he and the clueless selectors insist on him playing, then he must bay higher up instead of crying like a baby about coming in at 10/3 (don't actually know of many instances when the score actually was 10/3, but he seems to think it happened a lot)

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  17. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009

Maybe they ran out of conditioner.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  18. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    What did they expect from Azhar who is nothing but a worse version of Misbah?

19. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    :lol Damn auto correct.

20. ToolKit

ToolKit Youngsta Beauty

May 22, 2014
    he made those runs with technique that's all that matters #yousuflogic

I have small glimmer of hope for Asad Technique and thats only because he is one of the few players in Pak who admits his faults and also because i knew he would be selected given he is azhar's best mate and Waqar/Misbah's favorite.

All i hope is that he by some miracle turns the corner or that this is the final chapter of his odi career for a long long long time if not ever.

I dont think Azhar can afford to be seen supporting a passenger in the team given his situation. Its clear the board and a lot of the players preferred Sarfraz as capain and it was only waqar/misbah's input that made azhar captain.