Can Junaid Khan fill the void left by Amir?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Bruce Wayne, Jul 5, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Pak Fan

Pak Fan Youngsta Beauty

Nov 4, 2010
    I really dislike the comparison people make about "hard work" vs. "talent" in terms of cricket. A little while back, there was a thread on here that compared Umar Akmal and Azher Ali on talent basis. A lot of people were arguing that Akmal is more talented than Ali, and Ali is just a hard worker. i hope this test series proves that this is not the case. Hard work is talent. There is no such thing as "natural ability". It all comes from hard work and practice. hard work begets talent.

2. munirnadeem

munirnadeem Emerging Player

Aug 9, 2011

I will definately go against that.

From a sciencetific view, everyone is born with different DNA. Some peoples DNA give them Bronze, some get more Brains, some get both. But in a away everyone is different. Just based on that comment alone should be enough to stop the discussion.

The way I see it is a the following becuase at this level you need to have put in the hours and work to get to this.

Hardwork plus no or little talent = longer to develop the valuable skills

Hardwork plus some talent = faster to develop the the valuable skills then no talent at all

Hardwork plus lots of talent = easiest potential to develope the valuable skills.

This is just the fact of life, that is why there are drafts in other sports like Basketball. Lebron James becuase of his talent alone as considered to be the next Michael Jordon even before playing the first baseketball game.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  3. Talha3

Talha3 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 28, 2012
    Great series for Junaid. His next tough assignment will be South Africa in their back yard, can't wait.

4. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    I think you are mixing a skill with Talent\ability. In cricketing context "talent" in a batting context would be the ability to time a cricket ball or the ability to play specific shots. This can't be taught you either are a good hooker of the ball or you are not. You either time the ball well or you don't.
    Hard-work is a skill-set that can be acquired or taught. Lets get away from Pakistan players because it invokes emotions. Look at Yuvraj who has more talent then lets say Ghambir. Don't look at the end results as in who scores more or who is better just look at the way they play. Yuvraj is a sweet timer of the ball and has more range of shots. Ghambir grafts and nudges.
    Yuvraj is talent Ghambir is hard work. End results as in runs are pointless in this discussion as you can't just have talent and be successful. A good test batsman has to have a combination of talent, hard work, intelligence, temperament and a sound understanding of his game to be successful. All these ingredients have to be there, their quantity might change in a given individual. As in someone can have less talent but more temperament etc etc but all these ingredients have to be there.