1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Can Younis Khan dig us out of this hole?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Jun 23, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Another fine mess we are in! Scorecard is embarrassing. We are staring at a massive defeat here. At one end we have a man who is massively out of form. Hasn't scored a century in years and desperately in need of runs. Is the script written for YK to produce one of them legendary knocks that we will all remember or is it just a matter of time till he too his walking back to the pavilion?

2. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Don't think he can. We're looking at an innings defeat.

3. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    We'll do very well to avoid the follow-on, its not impossible.

4. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Well, if Ayub can get a century to help him then why not? :D

5. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Tailor made for Younus.

But chandtara he's made a century just last match.

6. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Its often in these kind of situations (team in TROUBLE...batsman in TERRIBLE form) where the batsman stands up and plays one of the innings of his life (seen it many a time in tests)...this may be the time for Younus

Realistically though....we're looking at a thrashing lol

7. Zeeraq

Zeeraq Talented

Apr 28, 2012
    He'll score a 300 tomorrow/4th Day InshaALLAH, If rain doesn't interrupt the match

8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Sorry getting it mixed with his ODI stats

9. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Ask the umpires first, Then the players. ¬_¬

10. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    Um. What do you mean he hasn't scored a century in years? The last test he played in he scored a hundred.

11. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Mohsin

Younis isn't out of form. It's just a case of changing formats for him [rubbish in LOI's good in tests].

12. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    Pakistan is a very good side...and like all good sides, they can dig themselves out of this hole.. Good luck to younis, ayub, akmal and rehman tomorrow....how many runs they score will be crucial to the outcome of the match

13. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    It's called over confidence and getting too big for boots.

14. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    A chance - Younis & Dogar play the greatest innings of their lives and the Umpires don't get any decision wrong.

Realistically - Preparing for a massive defeat.

15. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    I'd love Younus and Ayub especially to get lotsa runs. But I also want Abdur Rehman to perform with the bat, he's no mug but recently he's been playing like one with the bat. Even 20-30 runs is fine by me

16. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    i don't see any heroics coming our way but my gut tells me that ayub dogar will score big tomorrow inshaALLAH

hopefully younus joins him too :p

17. straightdrive1

straightdrive1 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 19, 2012
    InshaAllah he can.

IMO the he's the best Test Batsman in the Team right now.

18. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    The stage is set for another heroic knock to add to Younus' long list.

Will he be able to do it? He'll need some luck and he'll need the umpires to not be blind.

Unlikely but Pakistan can surprise us as they have regularly done.

19. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
  20. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    I have confidence in him. He did play 50 deliveries and tried to stop the collapse from one end. But the thing is even if younis stops the collApse from one end. What about the other end? We have got a debutent batting and after him a keeper would be coming

21. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    230 odd runs away from the follow-on, Younis would have to play an innings and a half for us to reach that.

22. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Tbh, Younis Khan can do it. He's done it before, so I don't see why he can't do it again. However, he'll need support from Ayub [hoping he gets a century on debut]. The umpires will most likely give him wrongly out, but here's hoping they don't. It is unlikely, but I seriously hope that both of them do bat well and thus get us somewhere respectable.

23. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    I agree, it's hard to see any heroics coming our way with this Pakistan team just prone to Collapses, but if Younis Khan can get stuck in like we know he can, this is not really as tough a pitch to bat on as is made out to be by the Pakistanis.
    By the way, i know it is a bit early, but Ayub, he did have some good technique with the few balls he faced. Bat in front of the pad and covering very well. From what i saw of him, even though it is early i think if he sticks around Pakistan might get a decent Partnership. Will be nice to see him batting with Younis and i hope Younis helps him out.

Even if that side of things do go well, then you would expect with the shocker that the umpires have had already that side not to go well. Or maybe with them realising they have made so much Shambolic Mistakes they might just be leniant towards Pakistan, Just maybe.

It's not been a tough Pitch to bat on, and we always knew the Pakistan batting would make this look into the most bowler friendly pitch ever made. In saying that, there has been some turn throughout the test match, and that will only increase as the day's go on, but Younis Khan is a good player of spin, and from what i seen of Ayub (Today!) he seems to be ok, eventhough he faced only a few balls.

The Realistic side of things with this horrific umpiring throughout the Test match and ODI's and knowing Pakistan and there ability to collapse would suggest no they don't have a chance. The optimistic side of me knowing the Ability of Younis and the Pitch would say we do have a chance if Ayub will stick around with him.

24. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Younis Khan has the attributes to certainly play a knock of the sorts that Pakistan currently need but the only question that remains to be asked/seen is that does he have the partners left who'll be able to stick around for him being able to do so?

No doubt it'll be a massive test for Younis Khan and Mohammad Ayub to dig Pakistan out of this hole they're finding themselves in. Honestly I don't see us avoiding the follow on all that remains to be seen is can Pakistan avoid an innings defeat or not and if they do then how much do they lose by.

Only rain can save Pakistan at this point and am not sure what the forecast is for the next 3 days of Galle, so if there is any rain then that's how they may take some time out the game for Pakistan.

25. AAKS

AAKS Youngsta Beauty

Sep 18, 2011
    Well if anyone can than its Younis Khan. Hope Ayub/Adnan can hang around and give him support

26. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    Younis is ranked the number 5 test batsman in the world isnt he

27. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    You predicted that pretty well didn't you?!!! Inside edge but given lbw. Won't be digging in this innings.

28. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Pakistan Vs Umpire's wrong decision+SriLanka.

29. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    These umpires have been really pathetic this game. It wasn't really hard to predict because the umpires have been predictably wrong! :facepalm

30. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
  31. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I think I might change the title to "Can Younis Khan dig us out of this hole Part 2"

32. Bruce Wayne

May 22, 2012
    He was going to do it again today, Thank you very much the Umpires for not allowing that too happen.