Cherish Misbah

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Saj, Jul 22, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Bro, that's fine, obviously I have made my hate for Misbah very clear but that doesn't mean I'm some Afridi-worshipping blind fan that can't think for himself.

Misbah was the best thing that could've happened at that time, BUT in retrospect, I wish he never had. I legitimately believe that he is the reason behind our batting woes - everyone other than UA is batting like a sheep and I believe he has instilled this approach in them. He's a one-dimensional batsman that is incredibly scared of large totals. This has been proven by his DRASTIC shift in approach when the total came down to 189.

He needs to go - can you honestly see this team having any shot of winning the world cup with him in the side? Scoring at 60 SR consistently? Bogging down the other batsman?

His 50s are ultimately meaningless.

2. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Wait.

How can you say his batting is un-pakistani just cause of his approach. Hate him, despise him, criticize him, but you have no right to say his loser approach isn't Pakistani. NO RIGHT

3. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    darpok apporach? based on what? his strike rate? hmm then i wonder what does that make of Javed Miandad or Zaheer Abbas............

4. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    I mean traditionally, we've been an unpredictable attacking, passionate team. Misbah is none of that.

5. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Did Zaheer Abbas or Javed Miandad average a 68 SR for a period of 2 years?

6. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010

:rofl
    Miandad's all time strike rate was 67 in odi

7. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    really? when did that happen? or you're just saying this based on 1 or 2 games?

8. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    This isn't the same ODI cricket as 30 years ago. Everything has changed, batsmen dominate now, therefore in this modern age game you need your Strike Rate to be 76/77+ with these power plays and free hit rules etcetra.

9. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    That was also when 220 was a par score.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  10. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    When did what happen? Go back to the times of Wasim, Shoaib, Inzi - when the team was explosive and aggressive.

But that's fine - there's nothing wrong with a calm, cool approach (which I originally appreciated strongly about Misbah despite it boring me) when it's working. Now, it's not working. I mean, with all that experience he has, he should only be learning more how his consistent blocking doesn't work.

He premediates his blocks and when he's gonna go for a hit. He'll bring out a booming shot out of nowhere and then block the next ball because he's hit a 4/6. That's how you get bogged down.

An over of six singles is better than 0 4 0 0 4 0 IMO.

11. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Also shahrukh619 what the hell are you talking about, Zaheer Abbas's ODI SR is 84. Which is absolutely phenomenal.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 7
    • List
  12. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    To even compare ATGs like Miandad and Abbas with Misbah :fp

13. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Miandad played from 75-95 right? so i just pulled out the runrate of Pakistan between 75-95, which was 4.42
    so yeah you're right, at that time we use to get 220..

Misbah played between 2002-2013(till now)? pulled out the runrate of matches involving him between that time period, runrate was 5.03
    so thats like a score of 250..

But here's the funny part, even with Misbah playing the so called "modern cricket" with his involvment, Pakistan has had a win/loss ratio of 1.76, while with Miandad the team had a win/loss ratio of 1.13

14. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    What does that have to do with Misbah's batting in the last couple of years!?!?!?!

Can you please keep your arguments consistent? It's absurd that you're even using Misbah in the same sentence as Miandad who is arguably one of Pakistan's best ever.

15. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    people say his strike rate is affecting his team, while stats show it is clearly not, infact if it is compared with a past batsmen who has a lower strike rate then him, then it shows that the team has had won more games with Misbah even with a low strike rate....

So how could you say that his strike rate is affecting us?

16. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Zaheer is considered not just for Pakistan but one of the greatest ODI players of all time.

• List
  17. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Different eras had different rules. You have to be really thick to compare players from those decades with 2013.

• List
  18. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    However defensive, pathetic, and a stupid approach Misbah goes on the field, that has nothing to do with pakistani/unpakistani

19. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Hate Him If You Can !
    Now Holds Many Records,
    * Most Runs This Year "745",
    * Most Sixes This Year "16",
    * Most 50s This Year "8",
    * Most 50s Without Scoring A Century "28",
    * Most Runs Without Scoring A Century "3756",
    * ICC No:8 Ranked Batsman In The Rankings.
    Do You Still Hate Him ???
    You Need To Consult A Doctor Then.

[​IMG]

• List
  20. FTB

FTB Emerging Player

Dec 16, 2012
    Zaheer Abbas's career strike rate was 85 in ODIs, thats great even by today's standards. You should do a little research before posting.

• List
  21. Pakfast

Pakfast Talented

May 8, 2013
    True as these facts might be, one has to ask themselves, if you have such a great batsman in the team, then why aren't results reflecting them? I mean with these scores misbah should've won many matches for Pakistan, right?

22. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    One batsmen can't score you 250+ scores... He needs the others to perform with him aswell....

23. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    so everyone has caught Zaheer ABbas SR, but no one wants to discuss about Miandads strike rate, and keep on hiding from it

24. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
  25. Top Spinner

Top Spinner Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013
    Misbah is currently the best Pak batsman,no doubt about that.

• List
  26. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    true....

p.s..... lets just wait for someone to come and object this.................. :waiting

27. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Most sixes this year? Most 50s and runs without a century? How are those records anything to be proud of? You're just padding Misbah's resume to make him seem like he's some God but I'm sure you realize that those are just novelty stats - they mean nothing.

And FYI, everyone has responded to your point about Miandad's SR. Different time, different ERA, different expectations. Let's stick to comparing Misbah with batsmen of this period, in which most of the best batsmen are averaging over 80, if not 75 in terms of SR.

28. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Misbah's SR is 71 this year and 69 since the last 3 years if I remember correctly, I wish it was 75, lol.

• List
  29. PakistanZindabad!

Sep 29, 2012
    These aren't exactly great.
    You don't like Afridi do you? He's 7th ranked All Rounder. Better yet, Hafeez is 2nd.

30. PakistanZindabad!

Sep 29, 2012
  31. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Each team has 1 A/R.
    That is 8 A/R for the top eight teams
    Each team has 5-6 batsman

That's 48 high level batsman

Plus A/R's + W/K also appear as batsman

No comparision

32. PakistanZindabad!

Sep 29, 2012
    :fp
    I've spoken to you quite a lot on this forum but I still have no idea who's side you're on.
    Also, if that's the case, why does the top ten have Hafeez AND Afridi?

33. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Allrounder rankings dont matter, because there arn't that many allrounders in the game..

HAfeez is better then Afridi, because he is much higher then him in the bowling rankings.

34. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    so you think i take Misbah as god... OMG now i'm going to leave this forum

:rofl :rofl

35. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    and still Miandad had a low win loss ratio, while Misbah has got a much higher one

36. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    I would respond to this, but the idocy of comparing Misbah with a legend like Miandad is ludicrous enough and doesn't warrant any answer.

Ok calm down, I said this before I knew of the fiasco going on Cricistan. I don't mean it literally, I mean blind worship.

Also, you completely ignored what I said. Your ROFL smileys aren't proving a point.

37. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    :rofl :rofl :rofl

38. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    lol

39. Pakfast

Pakfast Talented

May 8, 2013

Miandad was, is and always will be a legend of the game. Miandad had won many games for Pakistan, his strike rate was the average strike rate you'd expect in his time and era, where anything above 200 was a defendable total, where there weren't any restrictions on bowlers, where green tops were a norm, etc. Miandad never put his personal interests ahead of the teams was an inspiration for many future players.

Misbah is a selfish, ultra defensive egomaniac. His accomplishments have all come at the expense of the teams interests. His win loss ratio is boosted by beating minnows and weaker teams, where his win percentage against stronger teams is a well known 27%! The guy knows he won't last long in the team and hence plays selfishly with a low strike to make runs while keeping younger and more talented players under wraps. If misbah had any dignity left he would've called it a day, that would open up the doors for newer players and push other players towards much needed retirement. Knowing misbah he won't do that unless he has a gun to his head.

I know u love misbah but please don't compare him to a legend of the game, it's an insult to their achievements and hard work.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  40. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Comparing Miandad with Misbah is like comparing Bradman with Imran Farhat.

People who had not watched Miandad play had no idea how good a player he was. He was a fighter who would fight till the bitter end not a chicken like Misbah. The standard of bowling and the state of the pitches in his time was totally different to today and look at his Test average.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List