Choke perfected

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Big Daddy, Jan 6, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    It is us, chokers bar none. Shame Captaincy, shame Faisal, shame Misbah, shame Kamran. Total epic fail, words fail.

2. Big Daddy

Dec 21, 2009
    Shame selectors, shame miandad, shame Butt, shame coaching staff

3. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Days like these honestly test us fans beyonds words can describe. I have often said I would give up watching test cricket but then it is so exciting at times that I continue to watch it anyhow only to be left miserable and with lots of questions.

I am a big fan Kamran however it is more then clear at this point that we need a new keeper. He could open for us in all formats or ODI/T20 so he can
    play as batsman.

Misbah no place for him.

Faisel. Needs to go as well.

less said about the openers the better.

4. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    You simply cannot get away unpunished by dropping catches against any good test team. Yousaf's mindset killed the momentum for us this morning.

We need an injection of posivitron. Bring in Younis/Afridi and Aamer for the 3rd.

5. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Well you cannot expect a team to win against top teams when it is full of sifarishi players, compromising captain, unfit coaching staff.

Salman Butt (A high profile parchi)
    Farhat (Damaad)
    Faisal (Bhanja)
    Yousuf (well a senior and captain)
    Misbah (he is there because should be here and he has nowhere else to go)
    Kamran (well he survived england tour, and he is v.captain now!)
    Sami (sam bhai given another chance, well atleast he justified it)

Few genuine players: Asif, Umar, Aamer, Gul, Fawwad, Rauf.

Heck do you know even the kit manufacturer is of the company whose owner is a friend of some pcb high profile official, and was replaced by Slazenger without any bid. Yes, after the slazenger contract finished just months after we won the T20cup, PCB gave AJ the honour to make kits for this team without ANY bid. AJ, proving their professionalism, sent pakistani team kits for warm weather in new zealand rather then warm kits for new zealand conditions!

6. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    When did Sami justify the chance he was given, yes he bowled well on first morning but that first session was the only time he bowled well in this match and was back to his crap self again, he needs to go, he is as said time and again a certified failure and has no place in the team. It is unfair on likes of Talha who are dropped after one game only where as sifarshi players like Sami seem to go on and on.

7. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Moyo's captaincy, Kamran's keeping and brainless selection cost us this game and a simple win.

We have access to a pool of players that would give us a top 4 test team but until the way Pakistan works changes we'llhave to keep suffering these insults.

8. Moiz

Moiz Youngsta Beauty

Dec 22, 2009
    Absolutely. Not having them in the 3rd test or even anyone of them would be a big crime against us - the Pakistan fans!

I think we need Afridi so that the burden of spin can be shared with Kaneria.

I hope Razzler is going to be selected for the ODI series and T20.

9. Moiz

Moiz Youngsta Beauty

Dec 22, 2009
    Why are so anti-Sami in your posts?

He is not sifarshi. He made it to the top from RLCA only because of his talent and sheer pace. Currently, he is the fastest bowler in the country! You just can't ignore him. His selection for Australia was on the basis of his performance and form in QEA Trophy, where he lead his team to the victory in final.

And he did justify his selection by bowling the threatening/furious first spell that stunned Aussies! Although he couldn't perform according to his potential later on in the match, but who did? It's not Sami, who is to be blamed for this shameful loss. Kami messed it up big time! And once again Yousuf showed how dumb a captain he is.

10. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    We lost the game in the first hour. What the hell was maulana ji thinking?

Moiz, no offense brother, but Sami did exactly what he has been doing his entire career. Extremely short bursts of genius followed by a whole lot of mediocrity. Is it really that hard for the "fastest bowler in the country" to blast out a couple of tailenders? I do think that he should have been given the ball ahead of Gul on the last day, but nevertheless, he was brought on a lot earlier than that 175 lead was built up.

And I don't even want to talk about our so called batsmen; Misbah, Faisal; where the hell is Pakistani cricket headed with such clowns?

11. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Well everyone is more then happy to blast Moyo and for a reason. I believe most the fault has to be with Kamran Akmal. What he did in this test should be punishable crime. How can you drop the same batsman three times?

Had Kamran taken the catch on the 4th morning of Siddle I don't think many of us would be here blaming Yousaf. The set batsman was not going to take any singles so normally with Pakistan you expect them to stop the ball at the boundary. This also gives bowlers the chance to take wickets which they really didn't do.

No one was expecting Siddle to hang around...given an extra life by Akmal only made things worse. Yousaf can be blamed for lot of things but to put the entire blame on his door is laughable.

Blaming Yousaf alone highlights one thing...that the fans the media have to accept that Pakistan is such a crap team that they can't possibly score 177 runs to win a test match. We can't catch...we can't bat and sometimes we can't even bowl.

Far as I am concerned. The entire batting order is at fault here. Namely Faisal and Misbah before Yousaf in the batting order. They are the ones who brought the pressure on us.

12. Big Daddy

Dec 21, 2009
    Its obvious Faisal is not at fault, Batting is not for him. He is forced into a situation not on his onus but on the profanity of all that is holy. Its like king wants his son to raise him a spawn but for the little issue that everyone but the king knows that his son is a fairy.

Misbah: is the case of a monkey who is in denial mode and is totally rejecting the advent of arthritis which limits his ability to cruise onto trees to grab bananas which until last summer was a sure thing like eid breakfast.

Kamran: if ever there was a case of bipolar disorder on a keeper who threatens much on an order of extreme talent only to cause a nuclear waste that refuses to dry out

Salman butt: People are still claiming this dude has technique. A man with no arms who has been dead for 1000 years is restored back to life and is thrown into the deep will have more swagger then this dude. Should be caved for some other dude who obviously can be a legitimate work in progress.

Yohanna: Dudes been playing the game on the big stage for 11 years now and still cant walk the green despite having all the green on him through the essence of experience. Threw all his toys out of the pram when he was discounted as a captain. Not many decisions from PCB make sense, this did until he was made a captain because he is a senior player. Moral of the story is, if PCB does something sensible, eventually they will undo it to embarrass themselves; behold MOYO

Long story short, it not the fault of these clowns that they are made to wear makeup in the great big circus Pakistan cricket has become, it is the fault of PCB who forces them into this situation. Shame PCB, shame. Its been a few days already but it still hurts.