Classless Shikar Dhawan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Saj, Nov 2, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Sher4

Sher4 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 31, 2013
    Classless stuff from Dhawan.

2. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    I thought you weren't going to log on?

3. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010
    That was appalling to say the least from Dhawan

Karma is a b***h

Stuff like that makes people lose respect for a player...Dhawan should come out and apologize

4. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    generalizing is usually a bad idea; it didn't happen to Aus, it happened to watson. Watson didn't deserve that and no one really does. It was uncalled for period

5. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    saying something like this doesnt make you look any better.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  6. Aditya Khanna

Aditya Khanna Youngsta Beauty

Mar 4, 2010
    LOL precious pakistanis!

7. Raanjhana

Raanjhana Youngsta Beauty

Jun 24, 2013
    Whiners thy name is Pakistani cricket fans.

Nobody here has any problems when watson's delivery hits Dhawan on the ribs and Watson laughs like a deranged lunatic, but if Dhawan gives back a response, he's classless. Clear double standard but again carry on with your hate for India. It's quite sad

8. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    Lol just fun nothing else

9. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Bouncers are allowed :)

10. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    From Cricinfo:

The unsavoury moment
    Shane Watson had gone off the field after bowling five overs because of a hamstring injury, and came out to bat at No. 8 instead of No 3, when Australia were 138 for 6. Running between the wickets was a problem for him. Watson punched his first ball into the covers, where Dhawan fielded it, and then displayed an astonishing and disappointing lack of respect for an injured sportsman by hobbling exaggeratedly and mocking Watson. It was an ugly moment devoid of grace and an example of the sort of behaviour that needs to be stamped out of the game.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  11. Saurav

Saurav Talented

Sep 29, 2012
    I agree it was not on.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  12. bystander

bystander Emerging Player

Feb 18, 2013
    Saj bhai,i believe cricket is a game for gentlemen but yes if you remember games played in the seventies before the times of third umpires and match refs and even in the times of the waughs and Magraths,merv Hughes etc. the Aussies never were short of abuses and intimidation it just so happens that it is only now with the new age Indian team that the young players have proved that they are not only a fiery bunch with bat and ball in hand but they are also a team that will not take any more rubbish period!and all the best to them! it is only a team that preforms that can intimidate the opposition and not vice versa,i remember Gavaskar getting angry with Chauhan when he agitated Thomson for the simple reason that the Indians did not not want to fire the Aussies into being more aggressive but this paticular bunch know how to fight fire with fire!Why the Pakistan teams of the past were at their best when the opposition rubbed them the wrong way, because it sparked them into forgetting everything else and just concentrating on retaliating and demolishing the opposition!boy what glorious times,sadly gone ....!Bhai India ,Pakistan......I'm happy when our players stand up and show the world that we don't don't take no B S no more .I've said my bit and any one who knows any thing about my posts will surely agree that Bystander ain't no hypocrite.

13. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    Abusing, sledging happens in football and cricket but this is fine but when a player is injured you dont make fun of him, that was totally degrading and showed what a character he is , just because watson was hammering them all around, the indians freaked out that maybe he is going to surprise them, no wonder Kohli clapped and said lets see how many more sixes you can hit when watson hit the very first six. Kohli, dhawan and raina were after him like anything like a bunch of hyenas. As if they never wanted to loose, its like those kids playing cricket and cant accept defeat so they try their level best to provoke n piss off someone. Sledging btw bowler and batsman is normal but 3 players on the field surrounded and barking not stop like a dog. just because watson had hit 6 sixes they panicked and started doing their cheap act. shows the true color of indian players. salay apnay ghar mei sher banay huey hai, bhaur aow aur phir pata chalay ga inke true class

14. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    When shoaib akhter, waqar or waseem akram use to give those looks or comment indian players , they use to run to their abu umpires

15. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    So what's your opinion on Javed Miandad mate?boy he sure was the daddy of them all as far as sledging goes! And by the way Javed was in my opinion the guy who every team feared and if i was given a choice to choose a player to play for my life it would have to be Javed and if not him then Steve Waugh another sledger!What i'm trying to say sport also has another side to it ....what is known as playing mind games with the opposition....ask Muhammad Ali and Arnold Swrszanagger (may have got his sir name wrong but never mind)

16. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010

Pak vs WI in 80's. Pak stood up to the "untouchables" on a number of occasions with quality of cricket when no other team could even draw a game. They literally let the cricket do the talking.
    Pak vs Aus when Miandad stood up to Lilley
    Pak vs SA when Afridi blew kiss back to Kallis in t20 wc; and manzoor back to steyn in test series least month.
    These guy all respond back to pressure and abuse but in a more respectable way

17. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011

JAVED or No ONe never insulted someone at his injury .. PERIOD !

18. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011

You and me are not on the same page , your being repetitive on sledging whereas insulting someone and imitating on his injury is not only disgusting but shows a true low life street urchin color of a player, it displays what sort of a loser he is that mocking some0ne who is not well .. pathetic

19. King_A

King_A Youngsta Beauty

Nov 2, 2013
    Moronic behaviour from Dhawan, lost a lot of respect for him

20. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    taqvi saab lets first talk about our friend Miandad (who i have the highest regards for by the way)he used to make strange bird and insect sounds from behind the stumps to upset the batsmens' concentration, he and another favourite of mine by the name of Sarfraz Nawaz never bothered about sportsmenship when they appealed against a batsman when he was only being friendly in picking up the ball to give it to a fielder,ran a batsmen out when he was only gardening,ran a batsmen out when he was backing up,nearly smashed a fast bowlers skull in (no matter what the reason) hurled personal abuses at the opposition without prejudice and tried pulling off anything short of cheating to win a game of cricket (a gentlemens' game by the way) and goras like Bob Willis(smiling when Iqbal qasim was bleeding after being hit by a short ball),Thomson,Pascoe who openly admitted that they were happier breaking bones rather than stumps, our friend Mike Holding who bowled two beamers at Syed kirmani when he was being a stubborn night watchman....................!and many such incidents.My friend i would rather a player mock my injury rather than try injuring me or hurl personal abuses at me and my family.Cricket is a gentlemans' game hogwash..never was and never will be.I haven't seen this famous Shikar incident by the way but let me tell you one thing after all the incidents that i have seen in my time it doesnt matter one way or another.

21. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    difficult to say where you cross the line. neither india nor australia get any sympathy from me but Dhawan looks like a south east asian hungry village rapist

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  22. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    LMAO :rofl :rofl

Imagine him wearing a dhoti kurta, pulling the sari off a woman... who cries "bhagwan ke liye mujhe chor do"

Dhawan grins back..."itni achi cheez bhagwan ke liye kaise chor doon, muahaha"

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  23. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011

what you mentioned above is nothing to be proud off and if all of the above which has happen than its sad, i really don't appreciate it whether it was bob willis or mike holding. apparently I haven't seen the above cases but this is a recent one and its really sad to see that a player like shikhar whom i started to admire because of his game , have lost his respect that what kidna person he is

• List
  24. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    on a serious point - if it's a case of dhawan retaliating to watson, then two wrongs don't make a right etc etc, but it was probably the only entertaining thing in the game which was drowned in sixes lol

As for sledging and banter, it definitely does happen and I take the point from guys like bystander, that if mcgrath and co. can bring in your wife and kids, who aren't even part of the game, then how can they suddenly make the rules and decides how far is 'too far'. If you don't like it, don't give it.

Ideally, India would have a fast bowler and the wicket would be quick enough to test Watson out properly.

• List
  25. bystander

Feb 18, 2013
    Guys for people like us taqvi Stan1 who love the game i agree that this glorious game of Cricket should be played in the right spirit by which i mean be gladiators on the field of play but never by being disrespectful to your adversary.I can understand a fast bowlers' psyche especially a bowler like Akhtar who sprints in from the boundary line and gives it his all every ball...man just after releasing the ball his blood pressure must be at a boiling point so for someone like him to say a word or two i can live with,but not batsmen and fielders or trundlers for that matter.All that i'm saying is that it is the Aussies and the Tony Griegs (R.I.P) of this world who have set a bench mark for such behaviour....and have passed on this legacy to the modern day cricketers.It was just an argument which i took part in but i fully agree with you taqvi saab .

26. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    Well im surprised that he is not even fine, as far as cursing goes that's normal for Kohli, who even while taking a dump is saying BC! or after having a great meal , BC Maza agaya ! From cricketers point of view I think their is a certain limit and again making fun of someone's misery is absolutely disgusting. Regardless if is cricket or with friends. I play cricket among my friends and we are cursing each other but after the match its all good and sipping chai but if would do the same what Shikhar did, with a friend of mine than he will get piss and will jump over me that how dare i make fun of his injury , anyway done with this part .. over N out

27. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    One last thing instead of applauding a player who came out to bat with hamstring injury is being mocked by raina, kohli and shekhar is not good sportsmanship at all.

28. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Kohli swears, but so did Shoaib. Why dont I see anyone calling him out, heck the guy even cursed his own team mates.

For Shoaib that was aggression, For Kohli not.

Obvious double standards.

How did Kohli even come into this discussion? He wasnt even involved in the Dhawan vs Watson incident. The only thing he did was giving it back after he recieved it which is quite fair IMO.

29. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

[​IMG]

• List