Clifton Beach, Karachi & its issues (sewerage dump & animal poop)

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Del, May 13, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

Correct me if I am wrong, where else have you seen camels & horses roaming freely on a beach?

In the above picture...Karachi Pakistan is the only place in the world where camels, horses and all sorts of domesticated animals are allowed in the beaches which is supposed to be visited by people.

Isnt it time to ban these camel and horse rides on the beach as this gives a sordid, bad and medieval image of the main city business district with multinational offices in the adjoining buildings.

Somebody might say but its part of our culture, sure but then cant we shift these rides to outskirt beaches of Karachi like Gadani or Hawkes Bay?

Camel and Arabs has a long history and synonymous to each, has Dubai ever thought of allowing camel rides at Dubai beaches...they want to give a clean and modern image of the Dubai city, Jeddah as well, so why cant Pakistan do it?

The other serious concern is Karachi's sewerage dump going into the sea without being treated. The whole area smells like a gutter and the sand has turned black (just look at the color of sand in above picture). People who go into the water are at risk of catching all kinds of diseases. With time skyscraper's are build in Karachi along the shore, which means more and more business & corporate head office's will be in this area, however, current state of the beach looks utter abysmal.

That said, wondering what folks here think about it?

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  2. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Lol I don't think animal poop is such a big deal, but cleanliness is a bug deal, and it's all down to humans. The dirt left behind by the people makes it not such a good experience specially at the sea view.