Clueless Management !!!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    First big mistake was to left out your premiere fast bowler, Abbas. That decision boggled many minds (mine included) and it bit Pakistan very bad yesterday. Even Yasir Shah has that "Yes, we miss Abbas as he did well in the last series against Austalia"

In first innings our bowling look absolutely non penetrative, with no aggression, no bowling plan no nothing. I felt all 4 main bowlers were left on their own with absolute zilch of plan from bowling coach, Waqat Younis and tomorrow I am certain they will look jaded with their shoulders and body language down after epic phainta. I dont mind losing in AUS but at least put up some fight, atleast try to choke runs, dont gift free runs and cut runs with sharp fielding ... unfortunately I didnt see any of this ...

And the less we talk about ultra defensive test captaincy the better.

In a nutshell, we have brutal combination of Azhar, Misbah and Waqar at helm.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Why are people surprised by this performance? It’s the same everytime we tour Aus. Abbas or not...phainty would be the same.

3. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Again the same old excuse. “We never win in Australia, so why expect anything”.

So what? We give up? At some point we should ignore history and try to win. Last 2 tours have purely been about damage limitation.

Misbah has his excuses ready - he’ll say wasim lost in Aus. Inzi lost - what do you expect from us?

Inzi lost in england too, but a completely inexperienced line up came and drew the series in England in 2018.

You can just keep using the past as an excuse. The past is the past. The players are different. Even the pitches are different - they play differently.

4. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Not surprised in the slightest to see the overreaction by fans. It’s a new team and we r undergoing a rebuild phase. We were always gonna get smashed by Australia in Australia. Rather with young players, that can use it as a learning curve, than the same old TTFs. Rebuilding takes time.

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    And when this "rebuilding phase" will be over? Only wants to know because I am waiting for more than a decade already.

6. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Naseem, Shaheen, Babar, Haris, Abbas, etc haven’t been around for a decade. Literally our first tour.

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I am talking about all those who have been playing cricket since 2000. Many players went to AUS and results are still same.

I am all in for young players to gain experience, however, in these days, with so much greed due to T20 leagues, who knows how many of these will play in AUS next time and we might be standing again where we are today.

8. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    I am hearing this sh!t since 2005.

Our batsmen simply are just way too third class. They don’t get in line of the ball or get behind the ball to effectively deal with the playing delivery. Their reaction time is too slow, their bat speed is slow, and their stamina is not even club level.

Why the eff we need a batting coach for $20,000 a month when he can’t fix it? fix it? Heck he can’t even realize it.

I swear to God I am confident that I can do a thing or two to improve Pak batting if I am hired as a temporary volunteer coach.

And then this is TEST cricket. Bowlers need to know the art of taking the wicket.
    Even accurate line and length is not enough. You need to know how to setup a batsman and play mind games with him.
    Your opponents are high class professional Test players. They won’t give away their wickets that easy.

Bowling to them as if you are playing a T20 or ODI won’t do.

And honestly speaking, Waqar doesn’t know this art of taking wickets, and hence he can’t teach it.

Waqar used to get wickets with his brutal in swinging Yorkers which was his naturally gifted talent that he CANNOT teach to anyone. Just like Wasim Akram was naturally gifted to swing the ball, a magic that he can’t teach to others.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  9. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Waqar just said, “Abbas is our main wicket taking bowler but he is not in a good rhythm”

Now if I was PCB’s chairman, I would’ve appreciated Waqar’s honesty with a bonus check and then slapped on his face with a donkey style Flying kick on his ass to fire him from out of the office.

Seriously, if the prime bowler gets out of rhythm under YOUR watch, and then you don’t know how to fix it to top it off, why the eff do I need to keep you on my payroll?

And how in the world an out of rhythm bowler was selected to be taken to Australia?

kasam khuda ki, nalaiq aur nikammay logon ka tola hai PCB.

This bunch of incompetent aholes at PCB had no idea how to bring improvement, so they thought Misbah and Waqar will do it all for them.
    They didn’t know how to fix things and what to do, so all hopes and stakes were put on Misbah in super desperation.

Misbah, took the opportunity of this desperation and made them sign a contract to get fully paid for three years even after he gets fired on day one.
    lol what a bunch numb nuts.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON AT PCB NEEDS TO BE FIRED IF WE WANT TO CONSIDER IMPROVING OUR CRICKET.

10. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    The past is an easy way to cover your own failings. Pakistanis are using the same excuse for Misbah which they use for Imran khans epic failure.

Wonder what is common? Niazi?

• Pessimistic Pessimistic x 1
    • Text Talk Text Talk x 1
    • List
  11. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    This may not be popular with many posters but the combination of a toothless bowling attack and an even more toothless leg spinner will not lead to victories in australia...and it will ruin the career of the leg spinner.

I felt sorry for poor Yasir during the last tour when Misbah bowler him into the dust. Now coach Misbah is doing the same. Yasir is a real liability overseas.

We need to go with 3 fast bowlers and 2 bowling all rounders overseas and a 2 plus 2 combo in Asia.

If this isnt possible then yasir must be dropped overseas anyway as he is useless.

12. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    theres no way they will drop him, specifically for what seems to be a resurgent batting performance from him.

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Seems like there was no bowling plan again despite of losing first test by an innings.

Warner wasnt able to play Broad and struggled big time against him, because Broad used to bowl round the wicket to Warner with wider angle and he used to create doubt in his mind through in swing (mostly attacking on stumps) and out swing. This is exactly what Hussey has said in the following.

Where is the analyst who can share all this information with coach and bowler? Does Waqar even know what are Warner's weaknesses and how he struggled against Broad? Did Misbah and Waqar even bothered to do their homework on Warner and other players and learn how ENG and other oppositions were successful? No, there is no homework no planing no nothing whatsoever and I am not surprised knowing our head and bowling coach. When I, as a fan, can find out Warner's weaknesses with only 15 mins of research than its a shame that this team management, who is getting paid to do their job is unable to do it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  14. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Awful

No other way to describe this debacle

15. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Azhar and captaincy is just a brainless move. He flopped previously, doesn’t have the aura or brains of a captain. Why would u give it to him again. Another senseless move by PCB

16. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I heard it happened due to the recommendation of head coach.

17. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Misbah is the most selfish, manipulative, cunning and opportunistic cricketer I ever seen in my life.

18. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Happy to see Misbah exposing himself to everyone.
    His reality was open to those who were neutral but to get himself exposed to even his fans is only Misbahs capability.

19. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Funny how imran khan used to talk about brave cricket. Playing the game aggressively and taking it to the opposition. Under his watch we now have the most cowardly and uninspiring duo ever. He's given us Azhar as captain and Misbah as "everything". This team will reach new lows very soon

20. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    When you pick misbah over Jones with Aus tour insight, then this is call plain stupidity.

With these bowlers we will not even win against Sri Lanka at home.

Change it now or stop watching pakistan cricket for next 3 years.

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.

21. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    On the basis of no balls bowled by Musa alone, I would’ve asked Waqar Younus to look down from the top of a very high cliff and had sent down a wild donkey style flying kick on his ass to express my way of how to fire someone for incompetence.

How in the world can Musa do that under your watch?

22. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    Was bound to happen with a novice coach.

23. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    funny how almost everyone here was asking for Mickey axing and Sarfraz

El Oh El

24. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Never seeked Micky or Inzi removal, Sarfraz was different case altogether.

Now everyone would be saying we were better off with micky and inzi for sure.

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.