COAS gets an extensions of three years

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Mars, Aug 19, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Just in that IK has approved a 3 year extension for COAS. Let's see what he had to say about extensions.

Proves a few points:

1. IK is just paying back the ihsaan of Bajwa because General Sattar And General Bilal Akbar both are qualified enough for the COAS role.

2. Kashmir issue is dead. We've lost Kashmir thanks to Bajwa. History will remember Bajwa as an equally or worse Yahya Khan.

2. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    When in opposition IK wanted no extensions to be granted even in the state of war but when in power he has different rules.

3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    So, what would you have done in this situation?

4. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Probably stick to his original stance?

PMIK's U turn list continues..

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    In current circumstance why would he do that? At least talk some sense once in your life, try it.

A beneficial U-turn is always much better than irrational decision.

6. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Hey, Its PMIK who said extension should not be given even during war.

Of course he also said that he would rather die than got IMF.

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Doesnt matter, what he did is need of the hour - PERIOD.

8. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    So he was BS'ng earlier?

• Off Topic Off Topic x 1
    • List
  9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    As I said, you dont have enough comprehension to understand many things, including the seriousness of current circumstances.

10. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Is the current situation worse than an ongoing war?

11. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Good move. Hope bajwa repays it and plays his role to make sure IK is elected next term and term after and in fact PM for life..

IK PM for Life
    Bajwa COAS for Life

Noonie Tonnies Jiyalas Fazlu Libidos all cry for life.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
  13. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    What? Really?

Just tell Bajwa go home, your time is up and appoint the next senior General as COAS. Is that so difficult? But as we all know now and it's not a secret that Imran is just a puppet of Bajwa and he had no choice but to give him 3 more years at the helm.

14. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Mindset of Quom e Youth on display. It's a pity.

15. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    @Del This post was not off-topic, but clearly relevant and connected to the narrative, could you please take off this rating?

16. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  17. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    In lying. No doubt about this.

18. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    its funny how his supporters defending him for the thing he stood against when running for PM.

The reality is we can criticize the decision makers but when put on us the same role, we cave in.

19. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Only india, noonies and jiyalas are crying.

20. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    India? India had done which it could not do in the last 70 years and no one stopped them. Why would they worry?

21. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    I see lot of them on twitter crying. To them it should be a non-issue tbh. Why would i care if someone gets extension or sacked in India

22. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Basically Bajwa gave an extension to himself. It's baffling that even some educated Pakistanis on this forum and outside don't get this.

If he had an offer on the table to kill Muslims in Yemen for a heftier salary like Raheel Shareef had, he too would have allotted himself a dedh arab ka plot like Raheel did and retired. Since that is not the case, he decided to loot his awaam some more at home.

23. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah, that what you'll done, I know but its not a sane move.

Just think about a sec, you're on a project and project is in crucial phase. You PM is contractor and at the nick of time you dont bring in a new PM, who will take time to absorb pressure and understand ground situation. Just take your head out of stand and understand, use some sense and keep Afghanistan and India's situation in mind.

Also, this Imran is Army's puppet narrative is getting boring, so find something new.

Apparently, if one bash it own army and institutes, backstab them, do Dawn leaks, do investments & business in India then he's a "leader", however, if you dont then you become their puppet.

24. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    LOL.

My friend this is not some construction Project in it's last stage. This is Army an organization. The next General in line will be more than capable to handle any situation. He must have given at least 40 years to Army too like Bajwa. We are not in a state of War. Situation with Afghanistan and India is the same since the last 30+ years.

Find another excuse please.

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I only used it as example. Not matter how intelligent you are, and no matter how experienced you are, BUT when you Start a "New Position" even in the same organisation, it takes months for the Person to settle down and take the helm of the new position. Don't forget, atm regions security situation is much more critical.

On the point of extension, so if extension of Bajwa wasnt necessary, than why in past others had it? Care to elaborate?

Last but not the least, I totally disagree that situation with Afghanistan and India is same since 30+ years. India started proxy from Afg in 2009/2010 and current situation on the board along with India wasnt this bad maybe since kargil war. I'm certain that agencies and Gov have much, much more strategic information related to National Security issues than any of us here. There must a very good reason or reasons why this decision was taken. I wouldnt be amaze if in few months another one will begin officially. In my book, we're already in state of war and you dont change your leadership during war.

More to the point, its only arm chair experts on various forms who have issue with this decision, when I watched TV yesterday then almost every news channel was hailing this decision, including Geo, ARY, Dawn, Dunya etc... they all were praising timely decision.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  26. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I am sorry mate but I can't do that.

The guy has knack of derailing discussion without any valid argument(s) and master of clutching at straws. His rating vouches.

27. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    On a serious note -

Its a non-issue tbh. People who are complaining and worried are because of other factors and issues.

Who gives a toss who is COAS ?

I dont endorse this but if it is something necessary for stability of country as both civilian and military leadership is on same page then why not ? How big a difference it will make to life of a common man if someone else is appointed and bajwa retires ?

I see only Indians complaining or these political opponents. A common man dont give a toss.

28. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    People are using it as another tool to bash Khan. I think it has become a routine habit for many for various reasons.

29. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    No one is perfect including khan..people change their minds and views. Perfection and one word is only restricted to Almighty.

Khan was naive.. for the betterment and stability you have to take difficult decision.

Naozubillah Khan is not a God that whatever he says will be always be right.. nor he claimed to be one.

Again its a minor issue.

30. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    If you don't understand the importance of a COAS in our country then you can consider yourself Siyaasi Naabaligh or ignorant from our history.

Don't think there's any use of telling people that the army is an institution which directs where our country goes and the direction changes when their heads change. For instance, Kiyani had a better understanding of the civil and military relation so he let Zardari work in peace while Raheel Shareef was someone who wanted the image of army to be built with more personal goals but Bajwa is the old fashioned Yahya Khan style Wardi Gardi man and this has had a huge impact on how the government is being run.

For instance, Has anyone ever seen the defense Minister since the Kashmir crisis? Nope. It's always Ghafoor who talks about issues that the defense ministry needs to speak about.

31. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    One of the posters mentioned above that this is Bajwa giving himself an extension. I would go even further and say that this is IK presumably getting an extension on his government.

However, anybody who has read the Fauji generals history knows that they stab their own stooge pretty quickly when things aren't working out. The next few months will be a start of a new power dynamic between the Fauji and IK and since Bajwa has secured his extension, we might see army getting behind the popular side of the awaam right now to put immense pressure on IK to deliver according to their wishes.

Let's see what happens but one thing is clear; Kashmir Policy is going to be the same. We will remain quiet in return for the dollars that we have secured.

32. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Haha. Bingo :D

And this is what he said when Nawaz Sharif was the PM. Irony died.

33. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    I have no idea how anyone with a functioning brain would think that this looks good for PMIK

34. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    You should be happy then ??

35. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    WHat a hypocrite the PM is. Wasnt he the one who was against extensions?

36. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Is it good or bad?

37. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Doesn't matter whether it's good or bad. The issue is a complete 180 on the position that we were fed for 70 years by our army and why it needed all the budget it needed. Clearly, we were fed lies.

38. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    It is not dead IMO, but, I actually like the change in approach. I still don't think we handled it well simply because our intelligence was not up to the mark with regards to Kashmir. It seems that proxies was our intelligence.

Regarding bajwa, I have no opinions of him.

39. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Pakistan will probably start up another proxy war as always but things would be much tighter this time around.