CONGRATULATIONS-ROHULLAH NIKPAI who wins Afghanistan's first medal in London Olympics

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by Strength Is Life, Aug 10, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Strength Is Life

Strength Is Life Cricistani

Jun 20, 2012
    Initially I thought of posting this in the Official Olympics thread but I sincerely felt from the bottom of my heart that this deserved a separate thread on its own simply based on the impact that it has created on sports fans like me.

ROHULLAH NIKPAI the 25 year old from Afghanistan has won the first Olympic medal (bronze) for his country in this London edition in Taekwondo. This is his second medal for Afghanistan and I am simply happy for him and his great and feisty nation.

It is embedded in my nature to support the underdogs and given the current physical/political/ground realities in Afghanistan this is simply great news. I congratulate Afghan nation supporters and more importantly anyone who is enthused by the success of an athlete coming from a country besieged by constant warfare. This is a colossal achievement and it has generated universal applause and genuine warmth. This achievement truly showcases the power of human spirit belying all obstacles and win.

Well done Rohullah, you are a great credit and an advertisement to your country and an inspiration to individuals who seek to succeed despite severe shortcomings.

Cheers.

2. Sir John

Sir John Cricistani

May 25, 2010
    congrats afghan :cool:

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  3. Don Corleone

Don Corleone on a study break

Jul 20, 2012
    Congrats to him and Afghanistan :)

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2