1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

CONGRATULATIONS WEST INDIES - 2012 World T20 CHAMPIONS

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Oct 7, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    What a knock from Samuels, brought them back from the dead. Congrats!

2. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Congrats WI!!! Deserved Champions!!! Samuels MOM!!!

3. Everlasting

Everlasting Youngsta Beauty

Jun 16, 2012
    Gayle -
    Sorry Sri Lanka, it's West Indies all the way​

4. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
  5. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    What a team yaar, im a fan. Had it been any other team they would have behaved like there is no one better then them. West Indies is super cool and class. LOL Manjeraker was interviewing them bravo, gayle and samuels and bravo just without any hesitation put a hand on manjerakers shoulder.

Many many congratulations to West Indies.WE ALL ARE YOUR FANS!

6. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Lost to Australia, No result against Ireland, Defeated England, Lost to Sri Lanka, Tied New Zealand, Thrashed Australia and dismantled Sri Lanka.

7. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Congrats WI

Hard Luck SL

8. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Very happy for the Windies, tough luck Lankans you guys are one consistent bunch.

9. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Congrats Windies.

After Collingwood, Sammy is also a WC winning Captain. LMAO

10. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Sent from my GT-I9300 with Tapatalk 2

Attached Files:

11. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012

Attached Files:

12. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012

Attached Files:

13. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    Loved it!

Congrats WI! :)

14. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Wonderful to watch them win. Definitely everyone's 2nd team!

15. s2k

s2k Tracer Bullet

Mar 23, 2012
    I loved it when cry babies and cheaters like Sanga,Jaya and Dilshan lose.Deserved to lose.

16. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    I feel bad for them.

4 Finals in a row and 4 losses.

17. Proud To Be A Pakistani

Proud To Be A Pakistani Talented

Sep 25, 2012
    They only got to blame themselves for making such a sporting wicket for both semi-final & final.

18. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Gayle The King!

[​IMG]

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

19. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    They deserved it, well done :clap

20. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    What a roller coaster journey they had. Heres to an era of Pakistan and Windies domination :friends

21. Strength Is Life

Strength Is Life Talented

Jun 20, 2012
    Heartiest Congratulations to the Caribbean Kings :clap.

This victory could not have happened to a more nicer, humble team. The West Indies cricket team has a near ideal T-20 team with astonishingly hard hitters, agile fielders and a varied bowling attack. They were everybody's second favourite team.

I am so happy, excited and thrilled for the West Indies team. This team has always been my all time favourite number two team after India. They ooze so much happiness, spirit and enjoyment. If I were a batsman in the opposition ranks and I get dismissed, I will be tempted to join the joy dance of a Windies bowler lest I be attacked by my home team fans :).

THE MATCH:

• At 38/2 after 11 overs, even the most die hard of West Indies fans might have resigned to the fate of a Sri Lankan victory. Especially after everybody reckoned that half of West Indies's strength lies in Chris Gayle. He got out for a strike rate of 18 after playing 16 balls. I had to rub my eyes in disbelief. I really felt the game was almost over there. How wrong I was and I am happy that I was proved wrong.
    • What an outstanding counter attack by Marlon Samuels. It has to be the best rear guard innings in a T-20 final. Hats off to him especially coming into the team after a 2 year hiatus.
    • And when they came out to defend a modest 137, the way the West Indies team rallied to outsmart the Sri Lankan team was a sight to watch. Their bowlers did a terrific job with Sunil Narine being the pick of the lot.
    • Commiserations to Sri Lanka for being the eternal bridesmaid. In a way I feel sorry for them, they have been a great team in ICC tournaments, reaching 5 finals in the last 5 years.
    THE CELEBRATIONS:
    • The West Indies team celebration has easily got to be the most infectious one on this planet. I was dancing in my room as well. It was so great to watch this team being so happy especially after what they have gone through in the last decade and a half. It was heart wrenching to see the Windies lose their sheen after dominating the cricket world with such flair, passion and simplicity.
    • The West Indian victory for me holds a more deeper message. I cannot think of any recent cricket victory by a team which was welcomed by all the fans from all the cricket playing countries. Everybody seemed to love them, the Indians, Pakistani's and even I dare say some Sri Lankans. This is the spirit of cricket when all the fans rise above their national loyalties and partake in the success of another team. A perfect example of a game and a team transcending all the man made barriers to exude happiness and joy to all who are connected to this beautiful game of cricket.
    • It was a treat to watch the team celebrate with Gayle leading from the front. Ever the boss, ever the showman.
    • Darren Sammy is the right man to lead this West Indies team. I was very impressed with his post match interview where he credited even some ordinary fan in the stands by his name. Shows his humility and character besides being a very competitive cricketer despite his limitations.
    • For me the best sentence uttered by a cricketer in this post match presentation ceremony was by Marlon Samuels when he said "Test cricket is the best cricket". Amazing presence of mind, without being carried away by his team's success in this T-20 tournament, he reminded himself and his team's fans that test cricket still remains the pinnacle of all formats in cricket. Well done Samuels :clap. A great ambassador for the game.
    To end this on a lighter note, I know why a lot of Pakistani fans support South Africa #hashimamla#. I too have a similar reason to support The West Indies what with a host of Indian origin players in Sunil Narine, Ravi Rampaul, S. Badree and Dinesh Ramdin :).

But seriously, I know exactly the sentiments of ASLI-PATHAN when he recollects his fond memories of the Windies in their pomp in the 80's with legends like Viv Richards, Clive Llyod, Desmond Haynes, Greenidge etc. Super stars from number 1 to 11. Great performers with great humility. Perfect cricketers.
    Once again Congratulations to my second most favourite team and commiserations Sril Lanka.
    Cheeers.

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Gayle babu needs breakfast

I want to know who bringing me breakfast this morning? I'm still up and ready to replay the T-20 final tonight...2nd chance for Sri Lanka :)

23. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    Loved Sammy's comment that this win is a "step in the right direction" as opposed to..."We are the best, we're gonna whoop everyone's a**" etc.

Unity and belief can help achieve amazing things.

24. BoomBoom786

BoomBoom786 Talented

Apr 12, 2010
    There is a huge sense of joy for West Indies amongst the cricketing circles as they have been in the doldrums for a while. This triumph could see the spark of a revival in West Indies cricket and the world game will be all the better for it. They have a reputation to pride on and build on with their invincible test side of the 70s and 80s. With all the turmoil, disputes and internal problems they have faced it’s pleasing from a neutral perspective to see them smiling, dancing, singing aloud and enjoying each other’s company.

Darren Sammy has taken plenty of stick with his bits and pieces cricketer tag, questions regarding his place and usefulness in the side, but even after triumphing as a world cup winning captain, he doesn’t take it out on anyone. We could certainly do with more characters like him. As a leader he is tactically astute, knows how to get the best out of his players, keeps the side together and is now letting the results do the talking.

Marlon Samuels played a brilliant hand yesterday night in Colombo. West Indies got off to a shaky start, but he absorbed pressure, counterattacked, backed himself & took one of the finest fast bowlers in this format to the cleaners. He is one of the most watchable and versatile players in the world game and was instrumental last night and throughout the tournament & that’s evident with him being named in the side of the tournament today for his consistent contributions.

25. Shahid Afridi rulez

Shahid Afridi rulez Talented

Sep 9, 2011
    Their dancing after every wicket was hilarious.

Brilliant stuff from Marlon Samuels. West Indies can thank him for the victory.

26. Harsh Thakor

Harsh Thakor Youngsta Beauty

May 5, 2011
    My heartiest congrats to West Indies who thoroughly deserved this win.They simply stuck to the basic task and continuously pegged back at the oppposition.Historic moment for West Indian cricket.It looked as though a new spirit was instilled into this West Indian team and on the day they simply breathed fire.