1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Consistent decline in Economy, Average & Pace of Pakistani Pace Bowlers (2016-2019)

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 24, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    upload_2019-5-24_11-3-26.png

Above stats were shared, which are very alarming if you're Pakistani fan.

We can see consistent decline in our pace bowling, no wonder we struggle with the new ball and 9 out of 10 fails to take even a single wicket.

We ask questions regarding Mickey and Grant but why nobody is raising voice against Azhar Mahmood?

I seriously have stopped watching our opening bowling, because I have no hope, and as Pakistani fan this is a huge concern.

When I look at our opening bowlers, I get the impression that I am watching bowling machines, they get tonked all over and only go back to their run-up to repeat the same.

My biggest concern is for what reason(s) we persist with this back of the length plan all the time in every game? Why dont our bowlers try full pitch bowling? What is the fear? Who is giving them this plan to execute, in spite of it getting fail over and over again.

2. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Fairly obvious we have become toothless.

3. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    theres questions that need to be asked. Azhar has been there for three years? so if we're going to blame him for this decline, we have to give him credit for the previous two year's of improvement too. something has happened, clearly. I bet the usual go to excuse is going to be used - they're tired.

4. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    what want to know is where are all the fanboys talking about pace? Shaheen, Hasnain and now Wahab are our worst pacers. so what's the theory on 'X factor' and pace then?

5. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    It’s getting worse..match by match

6. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Render an open announcement in Pakistan that young emerging pace bowlers (max age 26) are invited in a competition of pace bowling. No other pre-requisite should be implemented besides that they should be Pakistani citizens.

They should have one year to prepare, and then there will be an open competition telecasted live on the TV..

All bowlers should be allowed to bowl a maximum of 10 overs with a max of 10 minutes interval between each over.
    Any bowler who bowls 12 deliveries in his 10 overs at 145+ after the warm ups, will get 10 corore Rs.
    Any bowler who bowls 12 deliveries between 140 and 145 will get 2 corore Rs.

And then watch how some kids who have the potential BUT they cannot come up due to corruption and nepotism in the system, and incompetency of our nalaiq and nikammay selectors, will try their best to win that money.
    Financial squeeze is the biggest worry in the families of many promising young cricketers. Many quit playing to drive a Rikshaw or become a Darzi etc to earn one time food for their families.

During this competition, we should have some sharp eyes who should be able to find the potentially high class kids.
    These kids may or may not win that money but you can start recruiting a few and put them on PCB's payroll under a contract of training. And then train them as you wish.

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Don't look too much into these statistics, there is no significant decline.

Until this year we were constantly playing ZIM, WI, SL, HK, BD, AFG.

Now that we have faced three 5 match series against South Africa, Australia and England, all the minnow bashing has been exposed.

8. Savak

Savak Emerging Player

Feb 26, 2013
    If you don't monitor and manage the workload of the pacers and if you bowl them to the ground this is what will happen. There is a reason why Australia, England, South Africa rest their key pacers from useless JAMODI's and T-20's.

9. CricVet

CricVet Youngsta Beauty

Dec 24, 2013
    These stats would be more helpful after knowing where have we been pitching the ball. Our bowler rarely bowl below 135 -140 on average which is sharp in my opinion.

Many good bowlers in the past have had success with this kind of speed. I am guessing that if provided the pitch map, most of the time we will find that discipline is lacking more than often. I have supported Azhar all of this time but the performance of late has been pathetic persistently.

Our fielding has been awful lately as well but I can't put the entire blame on it. If go by the Eng series, bowlers have not bowled with any plan which is the biggest question mark. Azhar needs to explain what has been the strategy all of this time and where have we failed.