1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Coronavirus declared pandemic by WHO

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Del, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    @ASLI-PATHAN @Munna

Government Offices, Private Workplaces, Restaurants all instructed to be close for 16 days

working from home now

2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    In all KSA?

3. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    @Patriot private companies are not closed in KSA

4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Bangladesh tour of Pakistan called off

I don’t think we will see anymore cricket this year.

5. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Not only Cricket any sport for that matter.

6. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Let me tell you these guys here are also preparing for a lockdown at government level. Preps already going on.

Hearing rumors malls gonna be shut down soon too.

Ab khud hi dahi lene jaana parega lol

7. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    One case came in building next to our's in Bay Square. Allah Khair karey

8. Mad Genius

Mad Genius Fantasy Draft Wins: 4

Oct 6, 2014
    @MNA Have you got yourself tested yet? Hoping it came out negative

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    yes

and Private companies will get fined heavily if there is a case

so most are closed

10. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018

any details on this? accuracy rate? They have had about 6 weeks to test this.
    https://arynews.tv/en/pakistan-capability-diagnosing-coronavirus/

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has now acquired coronavirus testing kits, Special Assistant to Prime Minister (SAPM) on National Health Dr Zafar Mirza said in a Twitter statement on Sunday.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  11. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    All mosques closed in UAE ? @ASLI-PATHAN

What are you guys gonna do if it stays closed on Friday or during ramadhan for taraweeh and then eid prayers ?

Worrying is that this is only beginning and hasnt reached its peak yet

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

12. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Yes all Mosques closed and after a Fatwa so I guess we will pray at home. Even the Jummah we will pray at home.

13. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    @Passionate Pakistani since the last 2 Fridays they had shortened the Jummah prayer. From start of Khutbah till end of Namaz maximum 10 minutes. But from today all mosques are completely closed. Only Azaan will be given but mosques gates and ablution areas will remain closed.

But working places are still open. Worrying signs to be honest. And also the priorities of the Muslims is really hurting to be honest.

14. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    184 cases in Pakistan

15. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    189 actually

16. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    They shotld lock down Pakistan. If it spread to the Rural areas it will get out of control. They even don't have access to an hospital how will they deal with this pandemic?

Worrying signs

17. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    There must be lot of people in villages and hilly areas who dont even know these things. We need to close all borders.

18. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Exactly!

And whoever runs from quarantine should be shot at sight.

19. Bella

Bella Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
    "
    I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine, and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance infect and pollute others, and so cause their death as a result of my negligence."

Please keep safe cricistanis.

20. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Alhumdullillah I tested negative for SARS-COV-2 so did my son. Thank you all for showing concerns and all the well wishes. This is remarkable as at least six patients out of a lot many more whom I referred for testing over last week and had close interaction with me have tested positive.

Stay safe all, minimise social contacts, practice hand hygiene at all times and keep in prayers.

21. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    simple way of looking at it

189 detected in open community

actual probable number 189 x 200 = 37800 patients, many many totally asymptomatic.

22. Red Devil

Red Devil Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 15, 2013
    That's good to know. Stay safe bro.

23. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Whole world is in lock down. Corona fear everywhere. No sports. Work places affected. Alarming and fearful times.

24. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Corona if worded different is Racoon

Racoon City is from Resident Evil

The Organization in China CEO name is Westfield, the CEO name for Racoon City Organization is Westfield

also their Logos are exact same

25. amirfanforlife

amirfanforlife Smooth Operator

Apr 19, 2012
    Salam
    What do you think are the implications for pregnant women? I’m due any time now (37 weeks pregnant) and developed a new cough in the last few days. I’m really worried, my midwife hasn’t even responded to me for days now which is ridiculous.
    I know UK govt has asked pregnant women to stay indoors but practically impossible for me with a toddler. He’s also at nursery 2 times a week so I’ve no idea whether to continue sending him or lay off for a bit.

26. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Dark, depressing times. Empty shalves in supermarkets, lock downs around the world, panic and fear everywhere.

And we dont know how long this will last, we dont know its effects, we dont know the long-term ramifications. Nothing but emptiness and fear. We all have family, friends...some elderly, some more vulnerable than others...and the mind wanders.

27. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    I would say stop sending the little on to nursery, everywhere except UK i think schools were closed first

I hope nothing is serious just the seasonal coughs, take care and stay inside.

Here they advised everyone to stay in doors for 14-16 days for precautions

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  28. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Walekum salam. Thank you for asking me the question.I was asleep co could not reply earlier.

I am very happy that your life has moved on so much mashAllah and now you are soon-to-be a proud mum of two. It only seems like yesterday when you were getting married.

Your toddler will not suffer from any complication even if he has got the virus (a big IF) but he could act as a vector. The advice given by @Patriot is actually not bad at all. I would say keep him off the nursery, it will create further anxieties and unnecessary stress and you do not need it right now. You also do not want him to catch virus down the line if his current symptoms are caused by simple seasonal cold.

Just like children, the risks to pregnant woman or neonates is not that much to be honest and you and our yet-to-born baby will be fine inshAllah. Unlike in Australia, doctors in the UK do not currently have the powers to override government defined criteria and refer for testing patients at their own discretion even if they do not fulfil epidemiological and clinical criteria.

Speaking to your GP over the phone wont be a bad idea at all and keep trying to contact your community midwife but please try to remain calm and positive. Everything will be fine insAllah.

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  29. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
  30. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    Excellent, good to hear.

31. Mohan

Nov 4, 2014
    139 cases here in India so far. And we have had a few dimwits fleeing from hospitals :fp

32. amirfanforlife

amirfanforlife Smooth Operator

Apr 19, 2012
    Thank you, it hasn’t quite hit me either that I’m almost going to have 2 kids inshallah lol.
    Tbh I haven’t really enjoyed this pregnancy at all as I spent the first 6 months trying to help my brother out as much as poss. And now spending the last 3 months battling with this guilt after losing him. It’s been tough but alhamdulillah for the blessing.

Thanks for the advice and explanation, it’s hard to stay calm as no idea what’s going to happen after baby is here! I can only see it all getting worse so just praying that baby is safe inshallah.

Hope everything is well with you?

33. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
    https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/...bligh-became-southeast-asias-covid-19-hotspot

KUALA LUMPUR: Worshippers slept in packed tents outside the golden-domed mosque, waking before dawn to kneel on rows of prayer mats laid out in its cavernous central hall. All the while, the Covid-19 coronavirus was passing unnoticed among the guests.

The Muslim gathering held at the end of last month at the sprawling Sri Petaling mosque complex here has emerged as a source of hundreds of new coronavirus infections spanning Southeast Asia.

A 34-year-old Malaysian man who attended the event died on Tuesday, Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba said, the first death linked to the Feb 27-March 1 event.

It was attended by 16,000 people, including 1,500 foreigners.

Out of Malaysia’s 673 confirmed coronavirus cases, nearly two-thirds are linked to the four-day meeting, Dr Adham said. It is not clear who brought the virus there in the first place.

Reuters spoke to six attendees and reviewed pictures and posts on social media, and the accounts and evidence showed several ways in which the outbreak could have spread.

The hosts, the Islamic missionary movement Tablighi Jama’at, which traces its roots back to India a century ago, on Monday suspended missionary activities but did not comment directly on the Malaysian event.

Tablighi Jama’at did not respond to a request for further comment. The mosque where the event was held was closed on Tuesday and a guest said he was one of dozens of worshippers still there under quarantine. Calls to the mosque went unanswered.

Malaysia will shut its borders, restrict internal movement and close schools, universities and most businesses, as it seeks to control its coronavirus outbreak. All mosques will be closed for two weeks.

“I was very surprised actually that it went ahead,” said Surachet Wae-asae, a former Thai lawmaker who attended the event but has since tested negative for the coronavirus after returning home.

“But in Malaysia God is very important. The belief is strong.”

The prime minister’s office and the health ministry declined to comment further about the event.

34. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Everything is fine by the grace of Allah, thank you. Please look after you and your family. After tragic loss of your brother you and your family have gone through a lot. May Allah give you patience and courage to get on with your lives, Ameen.

35. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Malls, restaurant, public events, large gatherings, schools, universities, wedding functions closed in pakistan.
    Grocery and medicine stores open, restaurants only available for takeaways and delivery.
    Textile industry have decided not to yet close down.
    Pakistan is trying to handle the situation relatively better.

36. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    To correct my above post, i think that is done only in Sindh not all over Pakistan.

37. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  38. pat

pat Banned

Nov 25, 2018
  39. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    First 2 deaths announced in Pakistan. Both victims from KPK, one of them developed symptoms after returning from Umrah.

40. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012