1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Cricinfo behaviour towards PSL this year

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Patriot, Mar 9, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    This is PSL current page on cricinfo,

Untitled.jpg

during the start, cricinfo didnt do live commentary for some games after that Pulwana attack.

Also when you log on to the site, you cannot see PSL live score anywhere. you have to either scroll all the way to the right in the top bar or go to PSL home page and click on the match going on at the time.

They also put NZ T20 league which was finished some time ago above PSL in the homepage.
    Indian domestic cricket also got preference over PSL.

I know Cricinfo is majority indians and they can't boycott PSL like the other site. Also in the past the success of PSL have not set good with cricinfo.

2. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    as you can see in the picture there's no clue whatsoever regarding today's game except in the top header.

3. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Yes I have also noted that.

4. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Yeah I also noticed that there is No PSL link at the top of the Cricinfo homepage, yet they have the IPL link which hasn't even started.

Very poor.

5. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    the pcb should run their match coverage as well as cricinfo does and get all the traffic. of course that would require competence. I've noticed it too with cricinfo, its unfortunately not surprising though.

6. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm not sure how accurate this is. Cricbuzz stopped and that same day, Cricinfo put out a message that they were having technical issues but gave ball by ball updates for the 1st Innings. Then at the mid-innings break, live commentary was up.

I am seeing the PSL score at the top of the page. On the series drop down, I see the PSL right next to the IPL. On the "Key Series" on the left, I see IPL, 7 international series, and then the PSL.

Capture.JPG

7. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    is the match still live ?

did you even read the OP properly ?

8. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    well its not surprising, check out the cricinfo instagram page and u realise what happened

they posted updates of the psl and got hundreds of comments saying they were supporting terrorists by posting updates, hashtagging everything #pkmkb (which if u dont know stood for pakistan ki ma ka b......), and threatening to boycott the website en masse

cricinfo then stopped posting abt the psl page until....

sandeep lahmachane took a 4fer, and then they had to tag the post without comments because they got the same hate messages all over again

and since then they have made a point of not posting anything relating to the psl on their mainpage or social feeds, capitulating to indian cyber trolls basically.

go check instagram now, they only started posting about pakistan yesterday when the squad was announced.

but theres not much to complain abt, india is the main consumer for cricinfo, and pakistani cricket doesnt have a site of its own, so thats that.

9. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    To be fair to Cricinfo, they did have yesterday's match as the main headline when the game was live.

10. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    key series column : PSL is all the way down.

disgusting tbh.

11. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Why are we keeping hopes of getting attention from an Indian website?

Better use cricingif for score updates which is a Pakistani website.

12. Gotham Cronie

Jan 14, 2015
    Right. If you don't like a site, don't use it.

13. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    And tbf to them, at least they're covering the tournament unlike Cricbuzz. Its not like PSL is trending on other countries' cricket websites.

14. Gotham Cronie

Jan 14, 2015
    Agree. They seem to be wanting to play full sides.

Giving coverage to the PSL with live commentary, match reports, articles, etc... but not making it mainstream.

15. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    I thought i was the only one to notice this.Even in the app the PSL scores are almost hidden.

16. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    I had a feeling this would happen even before PSL started. Reason for this is obvious, PSL is a Pakistani league and cricinfo an Indian site.

IPL which starts a while after PSL has been on the drop down boxes etc. long before PSL was even put up.

All in all doesn't matter really to the fans. Games are still going ahead whether cricinfo wants to cover it properly or not

17. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    they have to, they are a major cricket website which is approved by ICC

18. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    ICC doesnt approve or disapprove cricket sites lol

19. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I’ll advise people to use cricingif this also allows us to delete cricinfo app.

20. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Well it's good, people who would like to follow will go to other websites. It's 2019, information is bound to be shared nobody can stop it. So it is a failed tactic. Most users following would end up being Indians.

21. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I stopped using cricbuzz but to stop using cricinfo is easier said than done.

Despite the site starting to make buzzfeed type videos it is still number 1 for when it comes to quality cricket writing. No other site even comes close to the level of cricinfo.

It is therefore incredibly disappointing to see how they are treating PSL but ultimately I am still forced to use it, as it has no competitors.

Cricingif is ok in comparison. It is far superior to cricinfo though.

For a nation as cricket mad as Pakistan we should really be capable of making a decent site.

We have some very talented writers too!

22. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Domestic League >> International Games btw

Untitled.jpg

23. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
  24. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    its demand led - they're a business. id be surprised if its a bias. still a disgrace though.

25. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    well i remember last PSL as per the figures india had the 2nd best viewership. so there is market for PSL over there.