1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Cricistan Member Interview: MNA

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by SwingNSeam, Mar 23, 2020.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Alright people here it is! The awaited @MNA interview. He was very detailed with his answers and held nothing back. It was interesting reading this as I was formatting, compiling and organizing all his answers.

Some of you posters are weird with your questions but it was fun to read them. Enjoy while you self-quarantine your selves and stay safe out there!

How’s life as a single dad. What adjustments did you make

It was initially hard, I had to sacrifice so much of my personal time, make adjustment to my schedule, my work hours, other hobbies etc, but slowly you get used to of it. The satisfaction of looking after your child 24/7 makes it all worthwhile.

How much time of your life you spent in Pakistan?
    First 12 years of my life.

Why did you move out of the UK
    My marriage was in tethers, I wasn’t happy practising in the UK, I wanted a change, and a warmer weather, I just wanted to get away for a period of time.

What made you move from England to Australia, do you prefer it there? Any plans to move back? Were you affected by the Bushfires?
    For both personal and professional reasons, I wanted more autonomy and freedom to practice medicine as per my own clinical acumen rather than people’s often unrealistic expectations from health service. I managed to open three clinics within a space of three years, so more opportunities for enterprise. From a personal point of view, I wanted a change after breakdown of my marriage, and wanted a new direction and scenery in my life. Also warmer weather was also a factor, I could have practised in Canada too, but chose Australia for this reason.

How different is living in Australia, compared to the UK?
    Australia is laid-back, chilled out, you could still speak your mind out without having to fear about being a labelled a Tory, a homophobe or a patronising doctor etc etc. You getting what I mean?

If given a choice which country will you choose to spend the rest of your life & why?
    Where I am right now, Australia. Living so far away from rest of the World suits me.

Hows medical practice different in AUS
    Its very similar to the UK in terms of standards, but it somewhat different in terms of culture, in UK, people are spoon-fed everything and made to feel entitled for everything they want, which isn’t the case in Oz

Did you help in anyway with the bushfires
    Yes I volunteered at the Woolongong fire relief camp.

Youve made some controversial posts about Dua not helping people, but rather its doctors that get the real job done. Clarify, and do you still stand by that?
    No I never said that, and if I did (which I highly doubt), no I do not stand by that.

If you could make everyone in the world believe one thing (regardless of whether it’s true or not)
    That everyone’s reality is subjective. We’re all trapped in our own brains but laughably confident that we’re experiencing the world as it truly is.

If scientists could accurately predict who was more likely to commit crimes, what should society do with that information?
    Nothing, if we know which people were going to commit crimes, we wouldn’t be able to detain them as they hadn’t committed any crime yet, we couldn’t put them under surveillance as that would breach their privacy, and we would have no ground to pre-emptively educate them as that will stigmatise them! So we will be just sitting on the results of our million dollar research and do nothing, unless we are living in a totalitarian dictatorship which is another thing!

It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer.
    I think you meant will I let an innocent one sacrifice his freedom if it keeps ten guilty ones behind the bar? Yes I will, otherwise the guilty guys will be free to commit further crimes. Life is not perfect unfortunately, and we cannot fight our destiny.

How did you find out about cricistan? How has your time been here? What would you change about the forum and what do you like about the forum?
    I cannot remember what really made be stumble upon CS. I have always enjoyed my time here interacting with other posters with similar as well as opposing views to my own. I wish people refrain from name-calling and throwing personal insults and jibes towards other in trying to win an argument. I am a fan of Mafia game.

What makes you stay here at Cricistan?
    The pavilion and games section

Who's your most and least favorite CS poster?
    @Don Duckman used to be my favourite, before he fell in some pit somewhere and disappeared. Least favourite will be @Shahzad.Firdous , due to his insane trolling.

How do you interact with other slightly more conservative Pakistanis on a day to day basis?You are relatively open minded so does this pose issues for you?
    I avoid confrontation and show respect towards everyone’s views. By the way I am not as liberal as I used to be.

Who would win in a fist fight? Me (PrP) or Mohsin? If you had to choose to save one of us from death who would you choose?
    You are bigger and probably physically stronger, but Mohsin is courageous and feisty, so it might well be a draw. Who am I to keep two lovebirds separated in the Afterlife? You both could die.

Do you have any irrational fears?
    I have fears of dying before my son gets to his adulthood, thats my only fear.

In your view/looking at your life experiences, what is more important in a spouse...looks or personality?
    Neither, as both can potentially derail the most important quality i.e patience.

You are a doctor, what ambitions do you have in regard to your son. Would you like him to follow in your footsteps?
    No, I’d want him to be his man, follow where his heart takes him.

Would you push your son to go into professional sports or do you have a traditional desi mindset of a corporate/medical career?
    No he could do whatever he wants as long as he can make a decent living out of it for himself. I take him for piano lessons, soccer and cricket training and swimming, he is not very keen on studies, but then he only just turned six.

If you weren't a doctor, what would your dream job be?
    I’d be a Physicist, an analytical or quantum one.

Is Imran Khan: great, greater, amazing or wonderful?
    He was a great player, probably a very good human being, but a terrible PM. He is been played around and made a fool of by the self-serving corrupt mafia, surrounding him left, right and centre.

Might be haram on this forum, but I want to ask him which is his favourite scotch.
    Astagurrallah, I stopped drinking when I turned 13.

Would you recommend marrying out of your culture?What type of person would you be looking for in your next marriage?
    Yes marry out of your culture but do not expect they will confer to your own cultural explications and belief systems. You cant have it both ways, you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

Have many pictures are in your camera roll?
    Around 500. Not counting all the older phones I have owned through the years.

What makes you constantly change your DP?
    Boredom.

What do you do when you feel down and somber?
    Nothing much, I have got a games room with some classic arcade machines that I play to reminisce the childhood, or play with my son.

Coffee or Tea?
    Coffee

Which is the most beautiful location you have visited and why?
    I am fond of tropical islands and a water sports junkie, it would be a toss up between Bora Bora (French Polynesia) and The Maldives.

What's your all time favorite movie?
    Seven Samurai

Favorite song?
    I (can’t get no) satisfaction.

What's the most valuable lesson you've learnt in your life so far?
    That all good things eventually come to an end. Times change, people change, and one should keep with the changing times.

What are your views about religion?
    I’m more religious now than before.

Not a question...but tell us about yourself. How important is religion to you? How religious are you?
    Its a very personal question. All I’d say I have started to love religion once again. I have been through some very dark times.

Beauty or Brains?
    Brains. Intelligence is sexy.

Who is your role Model?
    No I do not have any role models.

Are you satisfied in life? If not why? And if yes why?
    I’m satisfied. I have had my regrets, setbacks and mistakes, but I wouldn’t change if given a second chance at life. I lived my life my way.

Due you suggest marrying someone from a different nationality & culture?
    People ask me this question a lot. Hindsights is always perfect. The time I spent with life was magical, but sometimes even perfectly working things breakdown. If you know the person well, and willing to compromise, put up with cultural beliefs and expectations different to yours, then go for it.

Your favorite Pakistan Dish?
    Ras milai

Who is your cameraman?
    She has retired from this job and my life.

How did you get into cricket?
    Used to play it in school, both Pakistan and England.

Your earliest Cricketing Memory?
    Vaguely remember the 1992 WC.

Most cherished cricketing memory as a fan?
    When Pak beat India in Asian Test Championship.

Favorite player?
    Naseem Shah, Shane Bond.

Overall, do you enjoy cricket now or did you enjoy the 90s/2000s Era?
    Late 90s and early 2000s. The current era is embarrassing to be honest and I don’t really follow it anymore.

How good are you at playing cricket?
    Average to decent.

Do you watch/play any other sport?
    I play golf and tennis.

What do you do in your spare time?
    I am a man of habit and routine. I reserve time for everything, most of which outside work is either spent in the gym, the garden or playing with my son. I used to be a bookworm and had other hobbies like painting, playing flute, puzzles etc but don’t really get much time now.

Your thoughts about the current Political situation of Pakistan and what are the solutions for future?
    Miserable as always. I’d suggest making @Passionate Pakistani the prime minister.

There was a lot of flip flop from you when it came to pti. What's the story?
    My heart pulls me towards the PTI, but my mind then slaps me right away.

You seems to have a fair amount of understanding of Pakistan politics.Age old question, is militocracy the only way forward for Pakistan, considering Military wont back down as the major stake holder, and they dont have any competition either. How can we succeed in militocracy.
    I consider Stratocracy and Militocracy national curse and don’t see any way forward where the civilian governments are mere puppets at hands of the army. Until and unless the armed forces totally embrace the civilian rule and accept their subservient status, we can never become a successful parliamentary democracy.

Whats more important in life these days... going out on a date or winning a round of Mafia on Cricistan?
    Had you asked me this question a few years ago, I would have just laughed out loud, but now its going to be Mafia only. I am not going to marry or date again till my son turns at least 12.

When was the last time you felt defeated in life?
    I have by very lucky by the grace of Allah that I have probably never been so dejected and hopeless in life, but breakdown of my marriage was an eye-opener, first time I realised even I could lose the plot, as well control over my life circumstances.

Are you a better listener or a better speaker?
    I am trained to be a good listener being a western trained doctor, but outside work, I am very ease at speaking and have no crowd fear or anxiety.

Wth is wrong with you?
    Some sort of personality disorder yet to be defined!

Who is the smartest person you know personally ?
    I met and treated Yasha Asley in 2015 in Leicester, he was really a smart cookie, a child genius.

What would be your name if you were a girl?
    Lol my dad would have still given me a boy name.

What would you like to achieve in life from now onwards that would make you happy?
    Putting rights to things I have done wrong, get involved in some charitable cause in Pakistan and try giving my son the best upbringing I could.

What do you miss the most about Pakistan living abroad? Street food.
    As you get older, whats the one thing you would wish to retain/not lose? My inner child.

-----saving the best for the last-----
    Define "cricket in bed" in 1 sentence.
    Be patient and get a feel of the wicked first, keep your eye on the ball, wait for the right one, let it come close to you, get your timing and placement right, and bang, hit your stroke, and again.

[​IMG]
    Thanks for participating @MNA

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2020
  2. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Fantastic read @MNA ... a good fella and poster on Cricistan.

3. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    very delightful read

4. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Excellent read, good stuff.

Couldn't agree more with the cricket in 90/2000s and modern day. Modern day cricket is indeed an embarrassment.

5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Great read @MNA

A very good poster and a nice chap.

6. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    I thought MNA was a Bengoli

7. Red Devil

Red Devil Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 15, 2013
    Great read. MNA sounds like a cool dude.

Loved the 'cricket in bed' definition lmao.

8. Bella

Bella Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
    https://www.cato.org/policing-in-america/chapter-4/blackstones-ratio

Great interview.

I wanted to add more questions but I was too late.

I disagree with the question about 10 guilty men etc. It is called the Blackstones ratio and a fundamental part of law.

"
    Blackstone's Ratio: Is it more important to protect innocence or punish guilt?
    When crimes occur, societies often cannot know for certain if a suspect is guilty or innocent. Consequently, societies must grapple with what type of "mistakes" they will tolerate more—sometimes punishing or scrutinizing innocent people or sometimes allowing guilty people go free.

The American system, grounded in the British Common Law, has long erred on the side of protecting innocence. Thus we presume an accused person's innocence until they are proven guilty.

As the preeminent English jurist William Blackstone wrote,"etter that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer."

This principle can also be found in religious texts and in the writings of the American Founders.

Benjamin Franklin went further arguing "it is better a hundred guilty persons should escape than one innocent person should suffer."

Other notable historical figures have worried more about punishing the guilty.

For instance German chancellor Otto von Bismarck is believed to have remarked: "it is better that ten innocent men suffer than one guilty man escape."

Che Guevara and 20th century communist movements in China, Vietnam, and Cambodia, also employed similar reasoning. "

"Communists employed similar reasoning during the uprisings in Jiangxi, China in the 1930s: "Better to kill a hundred innocent people than let one truly guilty person go free," and during uprisings in Vietnam in the 1950s: "Better to kill ten innocent people than let a guilty person escape." Phillip Short, Pol Pot: Anatomy of a Nightmare (New York: Henry Holt, 2006), pp. 299, 496. Similarly in Cambodia, Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge adopted a similar policy: "better arrest an innocent person than leave a guilty one free."

What do you think about all the trans rights? Do you think that people being able to self identify is wrong?

What do you think about social justice warriors?

Do you think that trans people's rights are actually undermining some women's rights, for example, trans women competing in women's sports, applying for jobs in roles that are for supposed to be created for women, staying in women's shelters that are for abused women. In women's prisons even with their genitalia intact just because they say they are women.

9. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Wth is wrong with you?
    Some sort of personality disorder yet to be defined!

Who asked this??? Lol o_O

10. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Brilliant interview!

11. Mad Genius

Mad Genius Fantasy Draft Wins: 4

Oct 6, 2014
    Interesting read

12. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Excellent interview.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

13. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Good man @MNA

Nice to hear that your views changed about religion. In the end nothing will count only this.

14. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Great interview thanks @MNA @SwingNSeam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    Hi, would implore you to read about Kafkaesque bureaucracy - the unstoppable machinations of the criminal justice system when applied in this context. Makes for an interesting read.

16. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    Although I know understand the themes are far more layered than this video shows, it is initially what drew me into the topic:

17. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    This was actually a good read @MNA look forward to getting to know you more on here.

18. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Thank you mate, same here.

19. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Just read this
    Lovely interview @MNA

20. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Btw I am feistier than Mohsin but he's a very good friend of mine. A fight would never happen for that reason. I would never lay a hand on my best friends