Cricistan XI

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Wasim, Mar 7, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    So are you a batsman, leg-spinner, fast bowler, wicket keeper or what?

Cricistan CC is looking for 20-man squad to kick some butt. If you want in, register here and tell me how you're going to add value to this prestigious club by telling us what position you play, submitting your resume and writing a poem glorifying Cricistan Cricket Club.

I'm in!

Ok 19 spots left. Quick, the sooner we start, the sooner we win.

2. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Oh, we could also use some player-managers / player-selectors. I'm sure Ghulam would be interested!

3. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    Right Arm Fast Opening Bowler. + Captain :p

4. rizwanahmed84

rizwanahmed84 Youngsta Beauty

Mar 3, 2010
    right handed batsman, chinaman

5. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    orthodox off spin similar to Graeme Swann, right hand tailender batsman who loves a wild slog while eyes are closed

6. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Captain and 12thman, your names pretty much gave it away.

12thman, do you bowl doosra? Could you explain how its bowled. I've always been curious.

Rizwan, what batting position do you bat on? And you bat left-handed right? And I assume you bowl part time chinaman? Do you bowl a googly, topspinner, flipper/slider up your sleeve? If yes, I'd like to know how its bowled.;)

C'mon guys, we need 7 more to play a match.

Merc, Ghulam, Husker, Feather....surely you guys have played cricket at some point!

7. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Cricistan's Pehlwan

Feb 17, 2010
    Wicket-keeper, Right handed batsman.

I can catch better than Kami and bat better than Sarfraz.

The complete package.

8. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Great. We have 5 players now. Need 6 more atleast.

9. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    Surprising I havent played cricket, well i did at junior skool but that was a long time back, i was a pace bowler back then, i really think should play and stil see if im good as i was then lol

10. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Great so now we're a 6-strong. Only need 5 more.

A little bit about me.

I'm an unbelievable batsman. Great reflexes, balance of the body, stance and a very tactical grip of the bat. Strong on the leg side and offside, and stronger in the V region. Prefer to face both pace and spin, but dont have much experience facing left armers. Favorite shots: Cover drive, straight drive, cut and leg glance.

As a bowler, I have command on these types of bowling: Fast, leg spin and off spin.
    Fast bowling - Side on action, with ability swing both ways. I can bowl offcutters, legcutters, slower ones and yorkers at will.
    Leg spin - Afridi mold. Similar style. But apart from the stock delivery and googly, dont know how to bowl flippers, sliders and top-spinners.
    Off spin - I can bowl offspin with different actions. But I only know the stock delivery. Every once in a while I bowl a doosra, much to the surprise of me, more than the batsman. Dont have an arm ball, top spinner etc.

So maybe I should place myself in the team as a batsman. Or and all-rounder.

Batsmen:
    Rizwan
    Wasim

Wicket keeper:
    Juggenaut

Pacers:
    Ghulam
    Captain

Spinners:
    12thman (offie)

Need more!

11. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    I will detail about myself.

As i said earlier i am a fast bowler, 80-85mph (working on body build to increase the pace).

front on action + side on (flip between both as per needed) my bowling stride usually is normal, but often i throw in the jump (Zaheer Khan Style) to get extra height/confuse the batsman.

I dont bowl/give away extras (very rare sight)

Lots of yorkers peppered in, with the occasional bouncers that will keep you on the back foot. (mind you i have hit 3 guys with them, 1 with helmet full on the grill he was dizzy and left/retired hurt, other 2 right on the chins, 1 in game one in practice (it was a slower one luckily as it was a teammate).

I dont have the gifted inswingers or outswingers that some ppl do naturally, but i do often swing in using wide angle, and the odd outswing (mostly more luck than skill).

Good in dippers/in cutters, deceptive slow ball that ends in rattles.

Superb fielder at point/cover, and i absolutely hate it when someone is lazy in field and or drops catches (you dont wana be around me if you fall in this category, coz i'll give u an earful right there and then). Otherwise i am really good to be around or to have in the fielding side as i throw jokes etc around, throw witty/masked sledges at the opposition, cheering up the side.

Batting wise, lower order, can hang out there for a while keeping one end safe and scoring the odd boundary with the normal single doubles.

12. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I'll play. Just use me to fill a need. Bowler, batsman, opener, all rounder,....

13. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Same here, just played with my mates in junior school and I was a pace bowling all-rounder.

When I went to the Celebrasians XI game with Kashif and Oxy, the game got a bit boring so we found a spot to play a bit of cricket and I was absolutely useless. I blame the tiny bat we used!!

14. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    nahin yaar, hum toh hawai balooN (bats) se bhi chakay chokay maar leitay hain :p

15. Captain

Captain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 26, 2010
    in all honesty jo maza hardball mein hai you dont experience that from tape ball (and vice versa but hardball is much better and fun) tape ball's adv is jab bhi jahan bhi, hardball is basically proper place equipment are needed and ppl who are minimum avg leveled.

and honestly if everyone (esp the armchair managers/coaches/experts we have) on the forums played hardball atleast once, they would know or rather shutup or change their views regarding players. Thats why you dont often see ppl who have played hardball going hardcore on the players (excluding some coconuts). They understand the game much better.

16. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Have we got a full team yet?