Cricket broadcast thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 4, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    How was the PTV broadcast for UK viewers? The usual ad after ad? Any better than the other channels that have showed the cricket over the years?

2. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    @chandtara coverage on Prime ain't bad, watching it from the start of Karachi's innings, camera work is decent. Not too many ads so far.

3. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I have just started watching it after Jummah. Much better than previous coverage on other channels so far. Not overdoing the ad's which is a good sign

4. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Yeah, it could be way better though, but I reckon as the PSL progresses so will the camerawork and graphics.

But yeah, ads have been normal, and the current camerawork and graphics are bearable, better than Zee TV coverage for one.

5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    I think for future events they need to target a larger audience here in the UK. Look how the IPL started on ITV4, it worked for them. It's a FTA channel here so it would be a win win

6. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Coverage is average tbh. Sometimes the adverts are still going and they are too slow to change and the over has started lol

Really makes u appreciate how good sky sports is

7. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    PTV Prime broadcast isn't bad for something technological organised by Pakistanis.

If we just managed to get rid of Rameez Raja's cringe-worthy, cliched commentary and try-hard English accent that would make it infinitely better.

8. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Anyone know who is showing the Asia Cup in the UK?

9. Prince of Pakistan

Prince of Pakistan Talented

Jun 16, 2012
    Yupp tv.

10. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Yupp tv?

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    TV listings: India: Star Sports 1, Star Sports 3, Star Sports HD1, Star Sports HD3. Pakistan: Geo Super and PTV. Bangladesh: Star and Channel 9. Sri Lanka: MTV Sports. Middle East and North Africa: OSN Cricket. UK: Star Life OK. Canada: ATN Cricket. Australia: Fox Sports. New Zealand: Sky Sport.

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Looks like its being shown on Star Life OK here in the UK?

13. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    Please god be true!

14. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    I dont suppose Star Life OK is free to view?

15. Questioner

Questioner Talented

Jul 1, 2013
    When does Asia cup start?

16. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Not too sure @Mohsin, it could be one of the FTA channels on Sky? I know it comes on the actual skyboxes/zgemma boxes.

This weekend i believe

17. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Comes with Virgin Media so it's fine by me :D

18. Prince of Pakistan

Prince of Pakistan Talented

Jun 16, 2012
    Star life OK, Sky sports and Zee have confirmed that they will not show the Asia Cup.

Yupp TV is our only source for the Asia Cup.

19. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Came across Yupp TV app on Playstation 4. Works way better than on the web.

20. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Sling TV, DISH expand cricket offering

Sling TV and DISH have expanded their strategic relationship with Willow TV International for the Willow cricket channel.

The agreement brings some of the world’s most popular cricket matches and events including ICC, India, Pakistan, Australia, South Africa, West Indies and other top teams to cricket fans in the US, in high definition, as well as arrangements for coverage of live overlapping matches. With Willow included in most major South Asian packages, Sling TV and DISH customers will have access to the most extensive cricket programming available in the US.

This agreement marks the first time that major ICC events, including the highly anticipated ICC World Twenty20 2016, which begins March 8th, will be provided at no additional charge on the Willow cricket channel. Previously many of these events have only been available via pay-per-view.

“We are proud to have supported the launch of the Willow cricket channel in 2010, and by extending this longstanding relationship, we are not only bringing our customers the best in live cricket for years to come, we’re delivering on our commitment to make Sling TV and DISH ‘your home for cricket’,” said Chris Kuelling, senior vice president of programming for Sling TV and DISH. “With this agreement we are now able to bring U.S. viewers the most comprehensive cricket offering in the market, all in high definition.”

http://advanced-television.com/2016/02/24/sling-tv-dish-expand-cricket-offering/

21. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    So I get home to see that star life are not showing the Asia Cup? So no one in the UK is showing this?

22. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    It looks like that after all I will have to buy that CricketHD package to watch the Pak-Ind match over the weekend on the big screen.

23. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    why not buy from YuppTV? CricketHD is a scam, don't do it. They put their own logo above the YuppTV one but you can still see it hahaha, and it's still on the bottom anyway

24. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Told you yesterday that I already have the Yupp TV app on my phone and it's FREE but the quality is not great and I can't connect it to the big screen.

25. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Oh you can't view it on your laptop?

Depending on what phone you have you can get an HDMI cable and the adapter to connect haha

26. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Yupp Tv is dodgy as eff man. Wacthing some crap stable Ten Sport Stream. Lost patience with it earlier and I am expecting the Pak vs India game to lag like crazy

27. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Why is there no Cricket dedicated channel in UK & Ireland? In USA I can understand but you people should have such channels. Here in UAE we have OSN Cricket. Which covers almost all Cricket all around the World in HD quality and without any annoying ads.

28. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Have tried it before and didn't work

29. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Yupptv wasn't to bad on my phone

30. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011

In the UK if South Africa, NewZealand, England and Australia are playing Sky Sports will definitely be showing it. Stuff like the Asia Cup is not going to be broadcast at all.

31. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Can you get Yupp TV on laptop?

32. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    We told you this yesterday, Remember? :p

33. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  34. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Ya but it's $10

at least for me

35. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I've been online more often (for me), surely that achievement alone deserves the prize

36. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    This Asia Cup is being broadcast by channels who aren't available to me hence no Highlights :afaq

@iZeeshan you have subscribed to yupptv, correct ? if so can you share highlights they provide here :usman

• Text Talk Text Talk x 1
    • List
  37. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Nah, I've subscribed to CricketHD. never buying from them again after this. They're schemers.

38. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    do crickethd provide highlights

39. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Ya I think so but I can't share them here

40. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    PM