Cricket is not Cricket without Shahid Afridi! Waiting for the Day Shadab comes of age!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Jul 13, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Title says it all. You found a Wasim Akram in Amir and Sachin in Kohli and Bradman in Sachin but i bet you will never be able to find another Afridi!! This man was something else! Afridi defines cricket~ Afridi was not a cricketer he was a phenomenon! He defines the term "hope not out", with Afridi still to bat there was always hope not out that he would something sensational to pull off an unlikely victory even in the worst of circumstances!! That kind of hope seems to have gone out of Pakistan cricket ever since Afridi's retirement!! During his peak years, stadiums in Peshawar, Karachi and Lahore used to fill just to see a glimpse of him bat and when he got out first ball most times, entire stadium would be empty! Ask any pathan what Afridi means to them and he would tell you!!
    We need Shadab to come of age particularly his batting, he has got all the talent in my opinion. His batting talent has not come in the limelight at international level yet. For that to happen, we need to play him in test cricket as 2nd spinner allrounder role that Hafeez and before Hafeez, Afridi himself was doing! In limited overs cricket, he is not getting chance to showcase his talent! In test cricket, he will get a long time to bat!! Thats when he will really come of age in my opinion!!

2. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    Of course you won’t find a ball biting, pitch tampering player who would get to play 400 odd ODI matches with averages of 23 with the bat and 35 with the ball in ODI cricket. As for Test cricket, the less said the better. A coward who took Test captaincy and then resigned immediately from captaincy after his team was humiliated in the next match.

3. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    He is our best allrounder in ODI cricket. The biggest X factor we had if he fired with the bat. The go to man if we needed a face of our cricket. Got Sachin like evaluation when ever he showed up to bat. The absolute legendary entertainer. He truly defined our unpredictable tag. Will never forget the ODI where Mahela and Sangakara were batting ready to easily chase down our total. Afridi comes in to bowl to bowled Sangakarra. Single handingly changing the game from the jaws of defeat. Afridi was a walking talking fictional character. Will be missed by all.

4. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    In that match, Afridi scored 75 with the bat and picked 5 for 35 with the ball to win Pakistan an unbelievable game and it was a lowscoring game!!

5. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    I've heard many Indian girls would get orgasms in their pants just by looking at him in action on the screen.

I mean just imagine a Bollywood movie where Afridi plays a hero role against Ashwariya.
    Now, who is the natural villain in this movie with his evil looks and squeaky voice? Tendulkar, of course.

6. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    Yeah I loved it. I remember getting up screaming in joy once that happen. Never thought it could happen. I always try to be optimistic during games. I don’t really like to give up that easily. I admit during that time I was worried. When Afridi showed that magic though, it got me hyped!

• Text Talk Text Talk x 1
    • List
  7. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    Not a fan of afridi atall, but someone made fun of afridi test record.Just to point out afridi averages 47.27 with bat against india and 33.07 with ball against india.Maybe indian bowlers use to have orgasms too while bowling to afridi.

8. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    He was very exciting indeed when it comes to batting. Fans would stop whatever they were doing each time he came out to bat. As soon as he got out you would find tellies switched off and people heading for exits in stadiums. Such was the attraction for his brainless hitting

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    U can’t make another Afridi. He was one of a kind. A unique player.

10. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    U can’t make another Afridi. He was one of a kind. A unique player.

11. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    No, those were not orgasms, those were gastrointestinal pains resulting in farts.

12. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Afridi is Afridi.

I became fan after first few games in 2011 world cup. Unique player but when I looked at his stats for the first time I was dissapointed tbh.

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    This is EXACTLY the problem.

You cannot, and I repeat, you CANNOT, judge Afridi by numbers!

What Afridi brings on the table cannot be weighed in numbers.