Cricket related tweets

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Ahson8, Feb 9, 2015.

1. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Virat comes across as a great individual off the field and on the pitch he is a very passionate player. A true gentleman indeed.

2. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  3. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  4. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    The fatso has probably never exercised in his life so a simple jog would like training to him.

5. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    LMAO

6. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    LOL.

image.jpeg

7. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
  8. Pakistan97

Pakistan97 Tracer Bullet

Sep 7, 2010
    Lol

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  10. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    @Red Devil stop hacking people's twitter account

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  12. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
  13. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Some thing which really makes you proud <a href="https://t.co/9zwShkwTJW">pic.twitter.com/9zwShkwTJW</a></p>&mdash; Wahab Riaz (@WahabViki) <a href="">3 June 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LOL look at this hack of a bowler trying to compare himself to legends. False illusion of grandeur.

14. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    ^ Shehzad has tweeted worse stuff tbh.

15. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Don't think this looks as bad as Shehzad's tweets. He isn't comparing himself to anyone tbf, has just tweeted that he is proud of his WC record which is up there with the greats.

Shehzad's tweets comparing his stats to those of greats' at their stages of their career and comparing his stats with other team-mates looked worse.

16. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Dude wth is wrong with you? I am not ahmed shehzad so why the hell are you bringing him up? Why cant you objectively discuss any player without bringing other players in the mix? This is really annoying and as you are a mod i expect you would engage in mature discussion. Two wrongs dont make a right. So, kindly discuss this in isolation rather than idiotically trying to score points.

17. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    I didnt want to answer this but Shehzad never posted those stats himself and merely retweeted/favorited them. This guy posted it himself. If you have had a single pinch of objectivity you would know whats worse. Azhar Ali and others have done this as well and they all are idiots for doing that.

18. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Not related to you, that tweet reminded of Shehzad's immediately. Would have said the same thing if posted by anyone else lol.

19. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Yeah I remember Azhar also doing the same. Don't know why our players tweet / retweet their own stats lol.

Wahab's tweet isn't ideal but he's not comparing himself here. Shehzad's retweets were comparing his stats to the likes of SRT and looked worse.

20. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    At least Shehzad has won matches for his country as seen by his superior MOTM record whereas Wahab has been a total joke. Doesnt takes much to realize which ones stat comparison looks ridicolous. Again, shehzad never posted those and merely retweeted/favorited them.

21. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    The tweeting stats comes from either i) false sense of grandeur which i see in Wahab one over wonder Riaz and ii) insecurity of their place in the team.

22. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Wahab does raise his game in the big moments; that explains his WC record as well.

Not his fault that the rest of the team didn't help his cause in Mohali or Australia last year.

Anyway he is aging now, his recent performances have been ordinary ( esp. in the T20 Blast) and we should be looking to groom a replacement who can take over the third pacer role over time - Amad Butt would be a good option.

23. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Which WC match has Wahab has been MOTM in or has won single handedly for Pakistan? In WT20 2014 when Pakistan was going to be embarrassingly owned by Bangladesh. It was Shehzad who scored a century. He didnt even celebrate his milestone as he wanted to win the match for Pakistan. There is a lot of negative campaign against shehzad but one thing one can never question is his passion for Pakistan. Being from a family with a nishan-e-haider holder adds to it.

24. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Also, ahson unsticky this thread. Its almost invisible as people generally ignore the sticky section. Including me.

25. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Talking about WC's not T20 WC. Shehzad's record in 50 over WC's has been horrible.

As I said Wahab has done well in WC's but not his fault if the rest of the team let him down. He did win us the game vs Zimbabee in 2015 though; we were getting embarrassed there.

Not questioning Shehzad's passion at all; he is a decent bat in Asian conditions, poor away. Bit of a FTB.

26. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    LOL. So, now t20 WC are not called WC. Thanks for letting me know. LOL. Zimbabwe wali aukat hai. Did he even win the MOTM in that match?

I dont understand why you are always try to push Shehzad being poor in away conditions when its false. You have tried to peddle it before as well but his superior record in NZ, SA crushes this lie easily.

27. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Lol everyone knows the WC is more prestigious than T20 WC.

Bangladesh of that time were also a minnow lulz, so performance vs Bangladesh counts, but vs Zimbabawe it doesn't ?

He did win the MOTM in that game.

One good series in NZ / SA doesn't change anything, he will get exposed if he plays overseas.

28. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Didnt know that. Thanks for letting me know ahson. From now on i hope everyone stops call the Wt20 WC as a WC. I hope you write a letter to the ICC regarding this because this farce should be stopped. Lest, Pakistan's last major silverware after 1992 was nothing as well. That just sounds fine. Cant argue against a logician like you, bro. So peace from my side. Virat Kohli is already shivering with Babar azam's name. Shehzad keis kheet ki moli hai.

29. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012

Stop putting words in my mouth. Where did I Say the T20 WC is not a WC ? I said the 50 over WC is more prestigious. Look up what prestigious means. Most cricket fans and pundits will agree on that. Heck the ICC officials would agree to it. I'm not saying winning the WT20 is nothing, or downplaying Pak's 2009 achievement but the WC is a far greater achievement. Thought that was common sense.

And where did I compare Babar Azam to Kohli ? You're the one making Shehzad looking like a future ATG when he is at most a FTB.

30. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    No sir, by calling the ODI WC simply as the WC you implied that it was the only one worthy to have the title of WC. Although, i still dont understand your argument though. You attacked shehzad on his lack of performance in world cups but when i mentioned Wt20 2014, you came back with ODI Wc's being more prestigious. Seems like arguing for the sake of arguing here.
    Again, you calling someone FTB wont make it true. Try harder, maybe someday you get your wish true. However, till then worry for the twinkle of your eye, babar azam, as he got exposed in England LOIs in UAE. Hope that he doesnt crushes your dream in England. I for one hope well for the boy but his fans are making it tough for me to like him a lot.

31. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Okay I'll make it simple for you. The 50 over World Cup is the most prestigious ICC tournament. It is sometimes shortened and written as WC. That is what I was referring to.

If I was talking about the T20 WC, I would have written down "his performances in the WC & WT20 / T20 WC" are poor, or maybe "His performances in ICC tournaments are poor". I'm not arguing for the sake of argument, but you're arguing for the sake of argument by bringing in his WT20 performance.

This is an image from Cricinfo - not made by me. It says "World Cup". It only takes his ODI WC performances into account not his WT20 performances.

image.jpeg

^ See that, it says "World Cup".

Lol at make your wish true. I have nothing personal vs Shehzad. If he gets selected for Pakistan, I hope he does well so that the team can win.

But facts are facts - Shehzad has struggled in tests in Sri Lanka. We aren't even talking about out of Asia yet. People call Hafeez & Azhar FTB's (and I agree to that) - but even they have scored in SL. Heck, Shan Masood has a 100 there.

If he couldn't handle the swing in SL, there is NO way he is going to survive vs Anderson & Broad in English conditions.

Lol at exposed during England ODIs in UAE. If scoring 2 fifties in 4 games and ending up with a 40+ average is being exposed, I would love our other players to be "exposed" also. Better for you to stick to defending Shehzad rather than try and belittle Babar's performances.

32. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Also @Alchemy since you're bringing the WT20 again and again into this, let's talk about Shehzad's WT20 record as well.

Since according to you MOTM records are important in gauging performances, know this; Shehzad has only one MOTM in WT20's: vs Bangladesh.

Also, let's look at his WT20 record with Bangladesh out of the equation.

image.jpeg

I don't even need to say anything about it; the stats tell the story. Shehzad has only one fifty and one ton in T20 WC's. Both vs Bangladesh. His highest score with Bangladesh out of the equation is 30.

Bangladesh wali auqaat hai

33. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    First of all, cricinfo is not bible when it comes to cricket. Nowhere it is said by the ICC to use the word WC just by the ODI so stop clutching on straws and end this because i dont want to engage in this futile discussion.

You make it sound like Shehzad failed completely in Sri Lanka. LMAO. Hes the same guy who was instrumental in Pakistan winning the first test. He scored a 90+ score in the first innings and gave Pakistan a strong start. I clearly remember this test and people's comment at that time. So, you cant fool me.

Babar cant even play swing. Got LBW twice against English bowlers. And LOL at your logic. So, shehzad being top scorer in away conditions is a failure but my twinkle little star is a success for scoring 2 50s in UAE. Wow.

34. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    I knew you wanted to divert the topic to Shehzad since i posted that Wahab tweet. Not going to let you get successful in that completely. Will just say one thing; Shehzad wipes the floor with Wahab with his superior MOTM record. Not only with wahab but with shafiq and azhar as well. So, try harder.

35. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    Why are we comparing an opening batsman with a bowler :/

Wahab is overrated as hell but he does well in ICC tournaments to his credit.

36. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Ask ahson who immediately attempted to divert the topic to shehzad as soon as i posted the tweet. You dont expect such immature stuff from a mod. Ruined my mood as well.

37. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Wahab's tweet reminded me of Shehzad's. I would have said the same thing has anyone else posted that tweet.

Then @Alchemy brought Babar into it.

38. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Didn't remember Shehzad scoring 90 in SL. Did a quick check. His highest score in SL is 69. Don't know what game you're talking about.

39. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    MOTM record is not everything. Obviously he is a better ODI player than Shafiq and also has achieved more in ODIs than Azhar has.

I don't have anything vs Shehzad. He is a decent-good batsman in UAE conditions but nowhere near as good as you make him out to be. End of.

40. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014