1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Desi Marriage Problems

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Passionate Pakistani, Jun 14, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
  2. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Aahahahahahaha... its hilarious i had seen some of it before. i am not married but anyone who had been into a desi relationship for once would find it hilarious, but believe me its not funny when some of the stuff happens in real :D

and did you put me with the married people on purpose just to rub the salt??? :p

3. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    LOL true that.

Women are complex individuals to handle and one should know how to handle or else his life will be very miserable.

4. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    MashaAllah, AP bhai is a true playa.:cool:

5. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    The girl in vdo is quite annoying... I would have killed her around 2 minutes into the vdo tbh

6. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    Video could be re-titled as why wives can be unreasonable sometimes. I'm sure from ladies' perspective married men do similar things that they consider unreasonable as well. Video makes it look like a one way annoyance. Having said that, not a bad video, might watch more of these sketches.

7. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    the one question every man dreads when sitting quietly minding his own business..... "what are you thinking about?" :confused:

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    This is so true its painful! Sonay pe suhaaga, you're in trouble in any case if you answer honestly or just say "nothing" o_O

9. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    I really didn't find this to be funny. These issues aren't limited to desi folks. Girls just tend to be annoying.

Just comes across a cheap rip off of 100's of other videos available on youtube on the same subject.

10. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    Amen to that brotha. But I find, in general and by "in-general" I mean not in a relationship with you/me/anyone, they are alright. Any other relationship besides gf/wife they are ok. They don't actively try to get on your nerve.

But god dam they get on your nerve as soon as they transition into gf/wife territory. Its some type of trigger/switch that goes off. And every dude I know or talk to says the same god dam thing. So how is it that no money is being spent researching this shit ? Some pill, some therapy something anything. I mean idiots are spending millions and making pills for RLS (restless leg syndrome) so why not this you bastards ? What the hell ? Why yould you spend millions curing a made-up disease when THIS exists ? People will spend allot of good money to find the reason or solution for this problem. I guarantee millions to anyone who finds out the reason and the cure for this issue. You don't have to even market that shit. It will sell itself just by word of mouth.

Not that umm my wife needs it or anything I mean you know this would be good for other women and science and whatnot...

11. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    i hate their emotional atyachar.. always blackmailing your emotionally

12. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    I'm patiently waiting for receiving that emotional stress.

13. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    @Invictus this issue recently came up in a conversation I was having. My reply is very simple. I am happy married. She might not be...I just couldn't care less. This isn't being rude or not caring.

In our short term relationships we are often more mindful of the other person. The standards are higher...happiness matters. Long term relationships. No one gives a crap. You don't shave or dress up everyday. You fart front of each other. Its just nasty all around.

My biggest problem has always been that I do not believe in forever bonds or how relationships are meant to be forever. You aren't happy with me or I am not happy with you. Let's end it. That is how I see it...that is how I tell it.

Which has worked out for me so far. You work on your partner and yourself. To find the right common ground for each other. Just don't put up with crap at all times and you won't run into that problem.

Often times I see my friends are suckers for their wives. They don't don't know until something really goes wrong and then they complain how...unki chalti nahi etc. They done that to themselves.

Don't put yourself in that sort of a postion and I think we can achieve a happy medium.

14. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    hahahahaha... this.. this is what i dont like.

15. Invictus

Invictus Talented

Feb 15, 2010
    Its a matter of perspective bro. TBH in my short term relationships it worked for me because frankly I didn't give a shit. I don't mean to sound like an *******. But at the end of the day I knew this wasn't for the rest of my life so I could walk away when I felt like it and same goes for the other person. So this mutual understanding allowed me to not take shit I didn't want to take.
    On the other hand you can't just walk away that easily from marriage man. There is family, there is kids your decisions impact allot of other lives besides yourself. So you just have to deal with shit, that I dont like\want to\enjoy dealing with. No matter what, I have to go home at the end of the day. That right there changes everything. That was not the case in a relationship. You did something I dont like well then I dont feel like seeing your face for as long as I felt like it. Can't do that with marriage.
    And again relationships are complicated man. Just grasping "for the rest of your life" and understanding that and living with it changes your perspective, expectations and behavior.

16. Bella

Bella Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
    So your wife is fully aware of your views?

17. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    the biggest problem you are doing right now judging from your post is being negative about some things
    I don't know why lots of desi people make their marriage a job. Get up, go to work, come in the evening, Bring groceries and money to family. End of the day

Husband don't want wife to interfere in his work, like the wife can't know how much rent is he paying for the apartment etc etc

I mean if you don't like each other that much and take the marriage as a job then why whine about it. Why not thought of it in the first place. btw, if the marriage was forced like typical desi family style then why not start the relationship as complete strangers (no funny business until you really like each other)

18. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    you aren't even married, then how come you know about this experience o_O

19. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    Think of it this way, would you rather be married and (most likely) have kids or be 45 living in a bachelor apartment staring out the condensation soaked window as your pot noodle circles in the microwave like your daily existence.

20. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    finally a girl speaks..

21. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
  22. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    @dashing_man I think you missed the point I was trying to make with @Invictus

I simply do not subscribe to traditional cultural thinking about what a marriage is. In my relationship with my wife...it is simply about the two of us. While I love my family and hers. It really has no impact on the grand scheme of things. A fail marriage is a fail marriage regardless of how you spin it.

Children or no children...selfish to keep patching up something which can't be fixed.

Its that thinking that helps my relationship. I encourage my wife to be opinionated. keep her circle of friends and not sweat what others are saying or thinking. Just recently I was in Pakistan for two months. She goes along with me to most places. I have my own time with my friends as well.

My best friend is a cousin of ours. In fact he is her mammu as well. His wife can't stand the fact he spends most days/night at my house when I am in Pakistan on the other hand. I have been able to condition my wife to understand he is my best friend...we do things together. We hang out a lot.

She welcomes him to our house. Cooks for him...three of us go watch movies...hang out. If we go on a dawat he comes along with us. If we go meet our relatives...they are his relatives too..he comes along.

Most days at evening my other cousins come over. We will play cards in the living room and she sits there watching TV. Same room but we are not in each other way or bothered.

The key here is to understand each other. I am not saying be a jerk. I cook or I did more then her...BBQ/Grilling almost every other day. We will bring chicken or something. My cousin or I will wash the chicken...we will all eat. She might do the dishes while we clean the grill etc.

It wouldn't work out very well...if I didn't do anything.

23. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Yes, before we got married. I made sure I explained to her how I felt about things. My father suffered a stroke/brain hemorrhage a day before my wedding. While he was more concerned with my wedding...I was more worried about losing my father. I wanted to cancel he wanted to see it happen before he died. Luckily it worked out for both of us. He lives and I got married as well.

She knows family is important to me. So is our relationship. I will do everything for her. Long as it serves a purpose. When it doesn't...there is nothing one can do about it.

24. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    +1

*like*

25. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    :p

you gota understand both parties

26. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Or be unmarried and rich and have women lining up outside your big mansion everyday, while you're feasting. Works both ways.