Dhoni has not told us anything about retirement: Kohli

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    "No he hasn't told us anything as of now." Kohli said.

Well, look, it's always, you know, a safer option to look at it from the outside and say, 'Maybe this could have happened' but I think today he was batting with Jadeja and there was only Bhuvi (Bhuvneshwar Kumar) to follow after. So he had to hold one end together in my opinion," Kohli said.

Jadeja was playing so well and you needed a solid partnership and to get a 100-run partnership from that situation, I think it had to be the right balance of one guy holding an end (Dhoni) and Jadeja playing the way he did. His knock was outstanding," the skipper explained the rationale behind Dhoni's approach.

"When you don't win, in hindsight, a lot of things can reflect in different manners but you have to understand how the game panned out and until what stage did the game go. And you would obviously expect New Zealand to fight back at some stage because the target was steep after losing five or six wickets. But the way they (Dhoni and Jadeja) batted together, I think it was the perfect tempo for that situation, according to me," Kohli said.

"Well, he's been given that role after the first few games of being in a situation where he can, if the situation is bad, he can control one end like he did today or if there is a scenario where there are six or seven overs left, he can go and strike," Kohli said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...etirement-says-kohli/articleshow/70163303.cms

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Its a bit too early to say, but if his retirement doesnt come to fore in upcoming days, then I will be forced to say that there is no difference in between Dhoni and Hafeez.

3. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    lol - What the heck dude?
    Have you see the amount of trophys and champions won under the captaincy of Dhoni?

Hafeez is not even in the shoe dust of Dhoni.

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I dont need to compare throphy's of either or their accomplishments. Its about what value both brings to the table post WC (which is absolute zilch).

Read the whole post, understand the context and dont just cherry pick parts of it.

5. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010

Dhoni has earned his position and has more of a leverage to make a decision.

Hafeez on the other hand is a burden on the team.

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Still doesnt justify his inclusion going forward. Check Indian media and their ex-cricketers, they all were asking to excluded him from WC squad.

7. Shaz130

Shaz130 Emerging Player

Dec 29, 2016
    This guy needs to let go. He is 38 now. What more does he need to achieve?

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Doesnt look like 38 from any angle.

9. Shaz130

Shaz130 Emerging Player

Dec 29, 2016
    He must be doing it out of fashion. Its clear as day he dyed his beard white to contrast with his brown skin tone. ;)

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Oh com'on, nobody is stupid enough to dye his half head and beard white.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  11. Shaz130

Shaz130 Emerging Player

Dec 29, 2016
    Just kidding he must be 43. Hafeez is older than he looks too.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
  12. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    If he walks into Pakistan team to replace Hafeez, I will take him any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

13. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Lol MS averages 50 after 350 games.

The man won a WC as captain, on home soil, by hitting the winning 6.

Criminal to mention hafeez and ms in the same sentence. He has every right to retire whenever he wants.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Hafeez is performing alright. Still think Dhoni is good for India.

15. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    what is with Asian fans, they just see the age not the numbers smh my head

16. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    Saying that he is going by hafeez way, I think he means to say that Dhoni like hafeez is looking for disgraceful exit .considering Dhoni was a far superior player, such an exit would be more painful to him.

17. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    With the achievement medals Dhoni has under his belt, I don’t think BCCI can touch him that easily.
    He will exit on his own terms.
    And trust me, he is still playing pretty darn good when compared to Hafeez.