1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Dhoni to join Indian Army

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Patriot, Jul 25, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Indian cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni on Saturday said he would “definitely” want to serve the Army actively once he bids adieu to the game.

Dhoni, who was inducted as an honorary Lieutenant Colonel in the elite Parachute Regiment last year, is here to visit the forward area of the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu region and also visit the base camp of Siachen, the world's highest battlefield.

“Why I got here is because of cricket. I would like to serve actively in the Army only after cricket. I don't want my cricket to suffer because that is something I am good at. Once my cricket career is over, I would definitely like to serve in the Army,” Dhoni told journalists.

The World Cup winning captain will visit the Northern Command headquarters in Udhampur on Sunday before leaving for Srinagar on a tour of 15 Corps. From there, he will head for the 14 Corps area in Leh and also the Siachen base camp.

He will visit north Kashmir's Baramulla district on Sunday to witness the final of the first phase of Kashmir Premier League at the Shaukat Ali Stadium.

“I will try to go to the frontline. It is very exciting because I will get to see the challenges the officers face. Now I am getting to know the Army from close quarters. This is the first time I have come to a forward post,” he said.

Dhoni will also interact with the families of the Army officers here.

“Families [of the army officers] come here at this time of the year and I will get a chance to interact with them and I am sure the next few days would be exciting,” he said.

On the oft-repeated issue of India-Pakistan bilateral cricket ties, Dhoni said: “It is important to make a start because sports is something that breaks barriers. The two boards have to decide when they decide to play each other. I have to go out there and play. So we will wait and see.”

http://www.thehindu.com/sport/cricke...cle3483065.ece

2. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Pakistani cricketers after their retirement, quite a few of them, open hospitals, welfare centers, free schools, academic institutions, cricket coaching centers in the remote areas etc - and these Indian join the army to visit LoC. lol
    You can sense the hate and malice deeply rooted in the heinous neighbors.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2019
  3. JohnIam

JohnIam Youngsta Beauty

Jul 25, 2019
  4. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Seriously, serving army at this age, no wondering theirs standard is very low.

5. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Another drama. He will actually have more army personnel guarding him whilst he is there.

6. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Its in their gene.

7. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    So he will serve army in kashmir and become some sort of hero and will later try to get into politics.Not sure what he will do with the army, he will hardly be in action, probably do some photo sessions, and tell stories of indian cricket to his colleagues to lift their morale.

8. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    Perfect man to open this thread.

Perfectly shows why playing for your country is special.

9. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    You know, someone once asked,
    “What’s the difference in the Indian team and a toilet?”
    They reply was, “There is no difference. Dhoni toilet mein bhi hai, aur Dhoni Indian team mein bhi hai”.

May be that’s what he is gonna do in the army as his primary duty, “Dhoni the rear ends of lazy Indian soldiers.”

They will call, Oye Dhoni !! and he will come running with a lota full of water, “Haazir janaab!”

10. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    It's called territorial army. It's not as if he's gonna be standing in LoC etc.

11. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Dhoni to join his Army battalion in Kashmir from July 31

Indian cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who was awarded the honorary rank of a lieutenant colonel in 2011, will join his battalion in Jammu and Kashmir on July 31 and carry out duties with the troops, official sources said on Thursday.

Dhoni will be with the 106 Territorial Army battalion (Para) from July 31 to August 15 and will be taking on the duties of patrolling, guard and post duty while staying with the troops, they said. Dhoni, who is not part of Indian cricket team’s tour of the West Indies, had conveyed to the Army that he would like to serve his battalion which is at present stationed in Kashmir valley.

The unit is in Kashmir Valley as part of Victor Force. “As requested by the officer and approved by the Army headquarters, he will be taking on the duties of patrolling, guard and post duty and would be staying with troops,” said a senior official.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.co...n-in-kashmir-from-july-31/article28707949.ece

12. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Not sure if its true, refer to the article in post # 11.

13. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_Army_(India)

It is only meant for those people who are already in mainstay civilian professions; in fact, gainful employment or self-employment in a civil profession is a prerequisite for joining the Territorial Army. Volunteers of the Territorial Army usually serve in uniform for a few days every year, so that they can bear arms for national defence in times of dire need or national emergencies.