Do you prefer watching games in a group or alone?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Energy, Jun 14, 2014.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Inspired from the current football world cup which I'm watching it alone on TV and now missing the old days where we used to get together at a friends place for watching cricket (Pakistan matches). I think there is a better atmosphere in watching games with friends or other people who know about the sport, just adds to the flavour.

For those of you who have experience in watching games in cafes/pubs could you please share your experiences? Is it worth it?

How do you watch games (cricket or football) usually?

2. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    In groups is always fun but you miss a lot of the action a lot of the time, but that's more with Football

3. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    If it's a game I really need to watch closely, I prefer to watch alone to make sure I don't miss a thing.

But generally, matches like Germany v Portugal on Monday are more fun while watched with groups.

4. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    I usually watch with my bro at home.

5. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Both. At uni we used to watch India v Pak games on the projector in the lecture halls. Remember a memorable Pak win, had all the Indians crying at uni.

6. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    Groups! It adds jokes and humor to it.

7. Top Spinner01

Top Spinner01 Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013
    alone,do not want to miss anything..

8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Alone. I don't want stupid arguments during match..especially not with girls.. they will ask stupid things during match.

9. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    In a group is always welcomed by me. But all must support my TEAM or it will be a Nazi freak show. :angry

10. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    So most of you like groupies?

11. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
    With the group, friends etc in the stadium.
    Alone (with family) at home on TV.

12. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    it depends on the group, but usually a small group with the right people is always better

13. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I enjoy watching it in a group but only with sensible people ( I know that sounds unpleasant).

Too many matches have been ruined by people with no understanding of the game or by people who as soon as Pakistan lose start shouting that the match was fixed.

I made the mistake of watching a Pak v Ind game which Pak lost with some Indian colleagues. Oh man did my blood boil when they won.

Nowadays I usually watch Games with my dad and uncles.

14. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    ComradeVenom i know what you mean, my dad is like a jinx machine tho, as soon as he says fellana acha khel raha hai, bam, out! lol.

my fam used to be into watching cricket back in day, now its only really for t20 world cups. iss tez cricket nai bachon ko bai sabra bana diya hai. :shrug

15. SOPL

SOPL Talented

Jun 4, 2013
    I've never really experienced watching matches with large groups of friends/family - not properly anyway.

Watching cricket alone is good, but I imagine it would be much better to watch matches with people who are as passionate as me about the sport - it would allow me to discuss the game too as it was ongoing, rather than having to take to cricketing forums to voice my opinions.

I usually watch football with my father only, and cricket always alone - I don't think he enjoys cricket and certainly not enough to designate days off work to watch matches. There is nobody really in my family that I can discuss cricket with sensibly (most of my uncles are of the 'If Pakistan lose, it was due to match-fixing' and 'Everybody is against Pakistan cricket' variety) and only really one friend who has a decent understanding/love for this beautiful sport.

16. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    so you have bad about experience

17. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    It depends really on what the match situation is like but mostly watching it alone or sometimes with family.

If I'm in Pakistan, then it's mostly in groups as I had recently watched some Pakistan WT20 games there in big groups on the big screen.

18. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    It is more fun with groups.. bit of banter in the background and healthy debates on the game. . A test match overnight lime in aus or nz I would watch alone

19. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    i watched a pak v india game in a group with indians n pakistanis, thankfully we won, banter was great.