Do you support or oppose four-day Tests idea?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I think title says it all.

Will 4-days test going to benefit Test cricket or it will hurt the game?

Will sponsors support this idea?

Will it give enough time to have result or we will end up having many draw games?

Discuss...

2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    I dont support this idea!! Let test cricket be as it is!! Day night tests have turned out to be a success but test cricket needs to remain in its original format and there should be no experiments with test cricket atleast!! Limited overs cricket ke saath jitne experiments karne hein kar lo but test cricket jaisi hai waise hi rehne do atleast for the sake of test cricket fans!!

3. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    If we can't find balance between bat and ball to make a Test long enough of 5 days.

If we enjoy faster scoring rate to have more result and let the art of drawing a test die than we must all desire 4 day test.

Test cricket was never about win/losing but it was about fight it out to save a test and with 4 day test it will kill the art of saving the test on 5th day pitch.

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.

4. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Leave it at 5 days. Don’t tinker the original and purest form of the beautiful game.

5. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Leave it as it is. The original format is the best

6. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Perhaps some of you do too, but I remember TEST match used to last SIX days.
    There was a rest day after three days.

Well, time has changed. Batting mindset, batting approach, and batting expectations have been changed.
    So a change to TEST cricket is perhaps inevitable.
    Who would thought that cricket will change even more after T20 but here you are, T10.
    And pretty soon there will be T5 and T1.

So, on one hand you want to preserve the tradition and don't wanna mess with Test format.

But on the other hand, you don't have too many of that class of players who could justify playing TEST cricket.

In modern day cricket, which two TEST batsman can form a partnership that can last for 1 entire day?
    When was the last time you heard that an opener carried his bat in a TEST innings?

The approach to the game and mindset/temperament has simply changed.

At one time, I was of the opinion to perhaps make it 90 overs per innings for 4 innings to complete the TEST match in 4 days and every time you will have a result as long as weather does not interfere.

But doesn't seem like a good idea.

I do surely want to change AT LEAST ONE thing in T20 that will actually bring some sanity back into ODI and Test cricket - and that is - INCREASE THE FREAKING BOUNDARY SIZE in T20. Make it 80 meters minimum.

This will separate prostitutes from men.

7. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Main issue is the pitches. Concentrate on PROPER, SPORTING pitches, that have something in them for BOWLERS throughout the game.

That's the main thing. Otherwise, you can have 4 day tests but a 2 innings game as usual if you've a concrete road.

8. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
    90 overs a day a must otherwise leave it alone.

9. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    One of of the silliest ideas I have ever come across...

Its going to result in more drawn matches..

This is going to outweigh any perceived benefit by a country mile.

It's the sort of idea you would expect from a 5 year old.

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk