1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Do you think Pakistani top order will be afraid from Jofra after his spell in 1st ODI?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 9, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Title says it all, just take a look at the following clip and have your say.

Do you believe Imam, Fakhar, Bobby and Harry can cope him, what should be strategy against him?

Discuss.

2. Del

Dec 21, 2016
  3. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Will need a lot of ImamulHaq to see Archer off! Just need to see of his first spell thats it! He wont be as big a threat in later spells but the first spell is the big crucial spell for any pacer!!

4. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    It is typical of Pakistan batsmen to get bogged down on reputation. They will play premeditated rash shots to hit out of trouble, whether that comes off or not that is up for debate.

5. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    They were probably...in fact no doubt, scared before they even faced him for the first time.

6. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    He’s not even that fast.

Not 95mph from what I’ve seen. These guys are the most darpok players I’ve ever seen. Thankfully azhar ali is not playing. Played like such a coward against South Africa

7. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Just glad that Hafeez is not opening these days. He would tuk tuk in such situations for 10 overs like the world is ending and then, after wasting dozens of balls, would get out after edging to slip. By then, the rest of the team would be mentally trashed after watching that type of a senior show.

I think a lot will depend on Babar to counter such bowling and hopefully Fakhar can get back in form to provide some counter attack.

8. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    not enough data. don't know if that was the pitch or the bowler. will know after seeing more of him.

9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    He's not even scary, you faced much better bowling in South Africa. Archer is nothing compared to Steyn, Rabada etc etc.

10. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Replace Asif Ali with Abid Ali and watch him flay Archer to all parts of the ground with square drive cover drives cut pull hook and every shot in the book!!

11. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    Pakistan has a tendency to make superstars of nobodies. For a bowler Pakistan is ideal team to start your bowling career against or for. He at least is much batter then the others we faced and made look good.

12. ahmedwaqas92

ahmedwaqas92 Youngsta Beauty

Jan 1, 2017
    Historically we never had anyone (maybe apart from Inzi, Javed and to an extent Ijaz) who could take pace bowling head on. Our players naturally have a tendency to hit through the line which is extremely effective when the bounce is beneath the knee roll so anything jumping up from the good length on a true surface will always be problematic for our boys.

Also, the fact that every player coming through the ranks now almost never has played on a cemented pitch. Back in the day, we had loads of cemented pitches all across Pakistan and this provided club batsmen and even many first-class batsmen an avenue to practice their backfoot game (as cemented pitches provide the experience of a surface with true bounce).

With the population boom and the government turning grounds into allotted residential spaces, cemented pitches are going extinct for budding batsmen in the country. Hassan Ali's brother made him a cemented pitch in their backyard to practice bowling on; not only did it help him develop it's bowling the natural slogging you see him doing in games is a direct result of that early game development training he might've had on that pitch.

13. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    LOL

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Very true and this also applies to many players recently - Misbah, Azhar Ali, Shafiq (at times)

15. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Why the hell are you people bringing in Hafeez for??????

Let me tell you this, trust me you don't even deserve Hafeez.

16. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Because

[​IMG]

17. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    That was like ten years ago. Did Steyn get him out now? Anyways his legs and shoulders are knackered so he won't be able to play in the World cup or atleast the Pakistan game.

18. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
  19. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    I concur, and thats why we usually struggle when there is even little bit of bounce & pace i.e. AUS and SA. On the similar note, our batters play with joy same bowling attack on dead tracks of UAE.

To your second point, about cemented pitches. I literally have played on cement pitches and if you can cope up on those pitches then pace and bounce shouldn't trouble you. That said, why dont we have cement pitches in NCA?

20. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Pakistani batsman have a long history of psyching themselves out, so if the fear of Archer has made its way into their heads than they are going to crumble like a house of cards against him.

Strategy?

Two fold.
    1: a couple of batsmen are dedicated to play him safely.
    2: a couple more to attack him.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

21. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Imam and Baber to attack, Fakher and Haris to defend.

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

22. ahmedwaqas92

ahmedwaqas92 Youngsta Beauty

Jan 1, 2017
    I am not entirely sure why NCA doesn't have cemented pitches in NCA, maybe they don't consider it as a viable strategy anymore however if that's the case, then why is it everytime we tour bouncy conditions we bring out that black marble slab to make our batsmen practice on it in the nets?

If we still think that marble helps in providing that true bounce then the best way for our upcoming batsmen to acclamitize to such would be to get them to practice (all year round) on a cememted pitch.

PCB don't necessarily have the sharpest minds going around so it could just be that nobody really has thought of it until now.