Does anyone know about the Hatora group?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Major, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    I always hear about stories of how the Hatora group had caused panic all over Pakistan....

For those who dont know, during the 80s, when the dictator Zia came into power, there was a group known as Hatora group (The Hammar Group). Basically what this group would do is that they would enter into you're house during night time with big hammers, and smash the heads of everyone in the family., including women, children, infants and the old ones. Their head would be smashed with a hammer with their brains coming out... They would usually target large families... They would just murder people thats it.. No stealing or burglary....

This group had caused Panic and fear all over Pakistan.. People use to sleep on roofs during those time, and due to this group, people wouldn't go out of their house at night time and would lock themselves up.

Not a single member of the group was ever captured.

Some people say that it was the work of Zia, while some also say that this was being done by a Afghani group known as Khad who ran operations in Pakistan to cause panic and fear....

Does anyone know about this?? I wanted to know what was their motive and who was behind it....

2. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    They were not fake though... My grand mother told me that how when the news about this group had spread, once they heard some guy walking on their roof, as soon as they heard the noise of the foot steps, they raised the volume of the TV, because she couldn't send anyone, as my grand father was not at home and my uncles were little.... Those guys ran to the next other houses, people had notice them, and started screaming chor chor, those guys kept jumping onto other houses roofs, and eventually ran away... And then next morning it was reported that in another mohalla next to the one where my grand parents were living, there had been a murder.. The whole family was wiped out... Hammers smashed on to their heads...

3. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    We had something similar happening around our area in Pakistan this was a few years ago now . Basically a group of people would break in while the occupants were sleeping and they would chop of heads and run away. The strange thing was that sometimes they robbed other times they didn't. They must have killed about 50 odd people before they just suddenly stopped and all of this happened within like a 3 month period .

4. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    That was close . Your grandma is very lucky . A similar thing happend when I was in Pakistan in like 2006 but the would be burglars ran away after our neighbour fired shots .

5. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Wow creepy, didnt know about this. Seriously doubt it was Zia, why the hell would he organize such a thing...wouldnt be surprised if it was the likes of 'Khad' though.

I can only imagine the fear

6. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Some 10 odd years back, a group named 'chalava group' also became very popular in Karachi. They were supposed to be very flexible, spring like, would put grease on their body so no one can catch them. Would come at late night /early morning when I every one is asleep.

These are more rumors then anything. Our people are prone to falling for things like these.

7. ali110

ali110 Youngsta Beauty

Sep 2, 2010
    Most likely Zia and his cronies at ISI, planning to instill some fear on ppl of Pakistan. It was a big thing when I was growing up in Khi. Thankfully we lived in PAF base so no hathora group entry into our neighborhood. I heard similar stories from several of my relatives!

8. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
  9. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Yeah that's true. I am witness to that era. Probably some foreign funded group.