Does your name effects your personality?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Del, Apr 8, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Many of you might be thinking the answer is blatantly obvious, that yes, of course, names influence personalty, but does it really or just a myth? Is it solely the name which you’ve been given that determines your personality, or is it the blend of your family, relatives, friends & society that you grew up in?

That said, in your opinion, is it a myth or fact that name shape your personality. And if it does, then how would you prove it?

Discuss.

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  3. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    it doesn't have any direct effect on you but there is like something ( i dont know if you can call it influential ) when you get to know on whom you were given your name.

4. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    every khurrum ive known has been a bit strange tbh....

5. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    It doesn't matter if you are @Red Devil or Doodhwala.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Very interesting observation. I know three 'Raees', and trust me, both are crazy rich, it might have nothing to do with the name, but its just my observation.

7. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    I don't think so, and here is why.
    The single biggest deciding factor in my personality, is my mother.
    Now, as long as i have her, no matter what my name was, i would still turn out more or less THE SAME.

To paraphrase your own words a little.

"It's the blend of your family, relatives, friends & society that you grew up in, that decides your personality"

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk

8. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    And what about orphan :D.

9. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    That only removes the parent(s).
    The society still remains as the biggest factor.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I know but you said 'biggest deciding factor'...

11. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    I also said it was for my OWN personality.......

12. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    The name may 'indirectly' affect personality. Obviously if you have a name that is difficult to pronounce or doesn't blend in growing up it will have some kind of an affect on you.

13. Bella

Bella Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
    I think names are very important and I think people should look into the meanings of the name before they give them to their children. I don't think it affects your personality as such. Some of my family have hard to pronounce names and they do get called more English versions of their names sometimes. I was having a conversation about this as I saw a tweet that was being ridiculed because people were saying that it was racist if people didn't pronounce your name correctly. Now I understand that there could be a few idiots that do it on purpose but I think it is hard for people from other countries that maybe have not come across your name before to get it right. I think these two women were being ridiculous as going into a coffee shop and having your name written incorrectly happens to a lot of people and sometimes it's just because they don't know all the different ways of spelling it or pronouncing it. I am sure if they met people from other countries they would get the names wrong too. If it happens in other situations it is perfectly acceptable to correct them. I am tired of SJW's thinking everything is racist without good reason. Has this happened to anyone? Have you pronounced/written peoples names incorrectly?

14. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Different people pronounce my name differently different (some pronounce it correctly and some dont) but it doesn't effect me. Because I understand its a new name for them, which they haven't heard before. That why usually if I call a name which is new/unique then I ask the person politely, did I pronounce your name right?

However, I know some colleagues at work who are very sensitive about their names.

15. Bella

Bella Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
  16. Bella

Bella Youngsta Beauty

Jan 24, 2010
    If people are doing it to be nasty that's a different matter especially if you have told them a few times but in general, it's because they don't know and it can happen all over the world and I do not think it is being racist.