EURO 2016 | Day 9 | Belgium v Ireland | Iceland v Hungary | Portugal v Austria | 18th June

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by Munna, Jun 18, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Belgium desperately need a win here. Lukaku should be given another chance after a poor showing against an Italian defence and @Prince Pathan is now going to like this post just because I have said that. Ireland will also be looking to secure 3pts here but before that they have to ensure they don't repeat the same mistakes they did against Sweden otherwise @Donal Cozzie will cry a bucket full of german brand beer here.

Iceland somehow and by hook or by crook managed a draw against Portugal but they will take this as their best opportunity to win and set one foot into the next round. @Passionate Pakistani will probably throw his younger brother at the tv if Iceland again brings a bus to be parked in their box. Super confident Hungary after their win over Austria last week won't even mind a draw here imo but they should continue playing the same fearless football and secure their berth in next round.

Expect a full Portugal attack in the last game. @Fireworks11 is already wearing his CR7 glasses and can't see Austria even as a football team now let alone defeating Portugal here. @London_Lahori is also upset about Dragovic's sent off for Austria but he's holding back his tears so its okay.

2. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  3. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Lets see if Belgians play as a team today

4. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Ireland need to win this want if they want to progress to next round. Defeat here means almost all over as their last game is against Italians.

5. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Belgium must be the most overhyped team in the world

6. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Goal... Lukaku

7. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Can't understand what exactly Irish are trying to do with their attack lol

8. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Too easy for Belgians today. Another goal this time by Witsel

9. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Lukaku with another one... Irish are totally dismantled today on the field.

10. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    @Prince Pathan over the moon now. Might as well do nanga dance after breaking his fast today.

11. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Lukaku price tag will also go up now lol.

12. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
  13. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    I do not have Lukaku lol but him up front with Giroud would be awesome. Two battering rams causing defenders problems

14. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Lukaku will cost above 50m

I think wenger being wenger will only sign moussa dembele from fulham and that will be it for transfer window.

15. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Lukaku with Giroud would be sad and tragic and even worse than currently

16. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    He cannot afford to. Around 10k fans refused to come to Emirates last few games lol and the fans coming is what makes Arsenal FC money.

I hope they continue protesting till they sign. They need to realize we pay so much money on merchandise and tickets. One jersey costs 75 euro man insane prices while cheapest ticket for premium game is always 75 pound
    It is crazy money. They make millions every game

17. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Lol, isn't there a few years waiting list on season tickets? I seriously doubt fans boycott can be effective

Those that didn't show up were also those who'd already paid so it didn't hurt the club financially lol

18. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Giroud scored 24 goals and got 6 assists
    Lukaku scored 24 goals and got 7 assists

I would take 48 goals and 13 assists from my strikers every day of the weak. If somebody other than Giroud and Alexis scores we would do very well

19. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Mara I doubt he will sign world class striker..

Lewa, aguero, suarez, auba all staying.. seems like vardy is also staying .leaves us with lukaku and I doubt wenger will sign him.

Dont really rate morata tbh..would rather have giroud than signing morata.

Also Mkhitaryan wants to join United. . Arsenal are quite weak on right flank and micki would have been an ideal player but wenger is just being wenger...

20. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Yeah but those who cannot go to matches put their tickets on ticket exchange which enables the rest of us to get a ticket. Yeha massive waiting list to be a gold member

21. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    If that happens there will be more protests and board will lose a lot of money. It will hurt them financially. He will have to sign world class players for his own good lol

22. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah, because if they play together, they'll get the same goals as they got individually, right? And where does Ozil fit in if we have two strikers?

We can't drop Ozil, the rest of our midfielders create zero chances.

23. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Anyway, why spend 50 million on a striker of Giroud's level when Giroud's not good enough anyway?

24. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Expected Iceland to take a lead in this game after the way they played against Portugal.

25. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Bar Auba, Aguero, Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar Higuain name somebody who is good enough?

If you say Benzema and Gameiro fair enough but if Benzema cannot cross 30 goals in La Liga while even Soldado could then he has no hope in a physical league like England

26. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Lewandowski

27. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Lol he is in the same bracket as the others we will never sign him

28. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Err... any striker that can actually run, not keep tripping over himself in hopes of winning a penalty while never winning one, and score more than 1 in 20 attempts at goal, and not go 15 games without a goal.

Gameiro is one. Vardy is another, or are we worse than Leicester according to you? Hell, sign Hernandez or Morata and get rid of this useless lamppost donkey

29. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Morata has 26 goals for Juve in 90 appearences. Vardy has less goals than Giroud in his entire career, same age and has played more games than Giroud. Gameiro was outscored by Giroud in France.

You need to come up with better examples man. If you think 82 goals and 34 assists in 4 seasons is worse than 24 goals then fair enough man I wont argue. Sadly Giroud is not the problem, Giroud being our only striker is the problem.

If you say Vardy has won a minnow a league title then so has Giroud for Montpellier by scoring the same amount of goals. PSG have dominated it since then and Giroud put them to the sword in France. Just saying

30. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Giroud is not someone who'll win you the EPL. Neither is Lukaku who I think is incredibly overrated.

31. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Giroud won it when PSG were crap. Vardy won it against good teams in THIS LEAGUE. Giroud has never got more than 20 league goals in a season. Vardy has.

Morata has played most of his career on the wing. He's better than Giroud, there's zero doubt of that.

32. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    How does @Wistful Reminisces know so much about football all of a sudden? I swear before your ban your football knowledge was 0 lol.

33. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Come on, anyone can see Giroud is nowhere near good enough to win the league. He's totally static, Ozil probably hates him tbh

34. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Ronaldo misses the target

35. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    What a poor finish by Ronaldo. Missed a sitter

36. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
  37. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    lol how crap are Portugal

38. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011

Is he static?
    He covers more ground than Alexis Sanchez

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...al-players-how-do-they-rank-by-work-rate.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ing-to-the-side-so-why-is-he-called-lazy.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ing-running-NINE-London-Marathons-season.html

He was the hardest working player in 2014, I love putting peoples theories to the sword especially when there are stats to back it up. Please tell me how a guy who covers more ground than the electric Alexis Sanchez is static :p

The year Zidane won a ballon d'or he scored 3 goals playing as a number 10 and I can assure you if twitter was around or major social media he would have been mocked for not scoring or assisting enough

39. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Oh great, he covers ground, that doesn't mean he's got any pace or movement. It means he covers ground.

40. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Btw, lol @ comparing Sanchez to Giroud. One is world class, one is holding the club back and is booed by France fans for being crap