Fakhar Zaman is not a T20 player: Rashid Latif

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Former Pakistan cricketer Rashid Latif has questioned the credentials of out-of-form opener Fakhar Zaman in the shortest form of the game.

Zaman is going through a horrid time in Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is), as he has scored only 110 runs at a miserable average of 9 runs in his last 12 T20I innings.

“Fakhar Zaman is not a T20 player. Apart from three or four innings, he has not played any noteworthy knock in T20 cricket,” said Latif. “His role in the T20I side is to be a dasher upfront, which is a difficult thing to do with his faulty technique.”

“On the other hand, he is a wonderful One-day International (ODI) player as he gets time to get going and capitalise during bowling changes,” he added.

Latif also believes that the inclusion of opener Imamul Haq is unlikely to benefit the Men in Green in the third T20I against Australia.

“Imam will play for himself and score his runs, but his strike-rate will be low,” he said. “With his inclusion, Pakistan is likely to be 40 for no loss at the end of the powerplay, whereas their total score will be around 140 only.”

The 51-year-old also called for the inclusion of left-hand batsman Khushdil Shah and young pacers Mohammad Hasnain and Musa Khan.

“They should play Khushdil, Hasnain and Musa in the third T20I. Throw them in the fire and see how they cope to the challenge,” he said. “The inclusion of Hasnain and Musa will also bring variety to the bowling attack which only has left-arm pacers right now.”

Australia lead the ongoing three-match T20I series one-nil after winning the second encounter, in Canberra, by seven wickets. The opening match of the series, in Sydney, was washed out due to rain.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/zaman-not-suited-for-t20s-imam-plays-for-himself-latif

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Fakhar is having a horrid time, no question about it, but I am not sure about the comments you made about Imam.

3. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Agree with Rashid on Khushdil, Hasnain and Musa. Australia have seen enough of Mohd Irfan and Wahab Riaz for them to have any impact now. Pakistan must throw in young pacers to create an impact on Australians!! Young pacers will be the surprise package for Australians! Its a good time to throw them at deep end with everything to play for!!