Fakhar Zaman; ray of hope!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Alchemy, Jun 12, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    On his way to his first international half century. Brilliant performances from the lad so far. Has a quality off side game and tries to rotate the strike as well. Goes on to show how inept our team management is considering their selections for the India match. Really happy for him. Better than any fat fixer as well. Hoping to see him improve and be an important asset for the side.

2. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Just needs to control his aggression at times.

Good thing about him is his behavior on field... looks like a decent character (though too soon to say such things about a Pakistani player). But at least he is not the shokha type like Umar Akmal.

3. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    50! for the lad. Brilliant stuff. May he keeps on improving.

4. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Umar Akmal is the lowest benchmark for any player because he is a total paindu. Hassan Ali from Mundi bhawaudin looks classes above Umar who is from an urban area like Lahore.

5. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    He already looks better than Sharjeel to me. He can rotate strike plus hit big. Which is a nice combo to me.

6. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Sharjeel was an improving leg side hack.

7. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Sharjeel and Fakhar would have been a great combo but regardless, Fakhar showing what his domestics stats show in the international scene.

8. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    He was still either hit or block batsmen. He had no third gear. Fakhar Zaman can play on the off and leg side. He's a overall a better looking batsmen.

9. axl100mph

axl100mph Emerging Player

Nov 23, 2016
    Those calling him better than sharjeel have their heads stuck in their backsides.

He doesnt come close to fatty's ability, but he is a good addition. However, he needs fo iron out the short ball issue.

10. shainz

shainz Talented

Apr 8, 2012
    I'm.waiting for day he & sharjeel batting together hopefully sharjeel gets a clean shit in that psl case

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Love his approach. Fearless and takes the attack to the opposition.

12. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    If sharjeel was around pak super management would have played fakhar at 6 because they would never have the balls to open with two aggressive batsmen

13. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    which reminds me...we are in need of some lower order power hitting.

14. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Called out for in inclusion well before this tournament.
    From the moment I saw him outperform players like Roy and McCullum for Lahore in PSL I knew he would be the real deal.

Surprised it took a while for Mickey to rope him in. However happy he's made it to the side.

Love Hassan, Fakhar and Shadab. These guys bring so much raw skill and determination to this side. An exciting time ahead.
    Pakistan should really look after them. Keep them away from corruption

15. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Forget everything for a moment, this guy can rotate the strike really well, which is refreshing to see.

16. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Sharjeel was better on the legside but Fakhar is way better than him on the off side.

You are speaking as if Sharjeel was the second coming of Viv. He also had his shortcomings.

You could have used better words to show your disagreement.

17. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015

He is potentially better than Sharjeel. Check his list A stats, mister.

18. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Also Fakhar's fitness and his running is miles better than Sharjeel the fatty.

19. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    I can't believe fakhar didn't play v India. Picked mediocre tuk machine Shehzad instead.

20. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    His pace playing ability was nothing less than viv.

21. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Fakhar and Sharjeel would be a mad combo.

22. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Not even near to Viv. Viv is the best ever batsman of playing pace. He was brutal and without any evident weakness.

23. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    this lad deserves all the success he gets.

everyone knows how fickle pak selectors are, yet at managements instructions hes playing a hyper aggressive game which isnt natural to him, look at his list a strike rate, hes putting the team ahead of his own career and that says something.

i wouldnt worry about him getting out to aggressive shots at all, the more he plays the better he'll get, needs to be backed.

24. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Fahim was doing well until the poor man got run out in a horrible fashion.

25. Alchemy

Alchemy Smooth Operator

Oct 8, 2014
    Very well said.

26. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    Sharjeel improved a lot in just one year. Went from looking like a leg side hack to a proper aggressive batsmen in control of his shots

No reason Fakhar cant improve in same way. As it is his base is stronger right now

27. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    its funny how aggressive players improve and defensive players regress.

28. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    aside from umar akmal

29. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    Viv was always vulnerable against movement off the seam and dk lillee used to exploit this flaw time and again. Anyway, against flat out genuine pace, Sharjeel was/is one of the GOATS. The way he dispatched the fastest attack in the world on aussie pitches lays claim to that.

30. axl100mph

Nov 23, 2016
    He was never a leg-side hack. That's just your poor game-reading skills as usual.

31. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    his strike rate was sub 80 in his last 20 innings, he has a shot maker but his intent was often lacking, especially in the run up to him getting axed.

32. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    The future is looking exciting again. Pakistan have found a diamond here. Fact that he's athletic makes him all the more special. Would be wonderful if he can continue to score consistently.

However one downfall I can see of his is that he gets carried away slightly with his stroke making. There were a few lucky 4's in the innings, not least the edge that fell just short of slip and went for 4. However good on him. He has the all round game to do well

33. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Just watchd highlights of the game...i obviously am not old enough to have watched him during his time but from the youtube shots ive seen of him, does Fakhar remind anyone of Aamir Sohail?

There were a couple of shots he played today and they instantly reminded me of Aamir...

34. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    He was beaten over the head by the coach/captain to become someone he wasn't and he was harshly chastised every time he got out playing shots while jokers like Hafeez would get a free pass when giving slip practice. Perhaps things would have been different if the environment was more supportive of his aggressive batting back in the day. At this point, it is hard to say if he is too damaged or can be rehabilitated, but I'd rather give him a chance than sticking with guys with a loser mentality like Hafeez or Azhar.

35. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    I wouldn't change anything and let him find his own way. As long as he can do this somewhat regularly, it is much better than the useless slow 20-30s we're used to getting from openers like Azhar/Hafeez/Shahzad.

36. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    Says the Umar Akmal supporter

37. uberkoen

uberkoen Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2016
    Can't wait to see the day Fakhar and Sharjeel open together. It will be utter chaos. Glad to see talent like this coming through from the domestic. Wish our selectors would take more chances on players like this instead of opting for tried and tested failures. It's time the Pakistan Cricket side moved on from the likes of Shehzad, Akmal and Wahab Riaz and invested in young talent that can actually perform at the big stage.

38. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    He looks like Amir Sohail to me

39. Red Devil

Red Devil Whispering Death

Dec 15, 2013
    Lol thora zyada hogaya. Sharjeel is a quality player of pace but I do recall him struggling quite a bit against Mark Wood.

40. uberkoen

uberkoen Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2016
    Wood did get the better of Sharjeel in that series but it's not like he totally dominated Sharjeel. It's true though, Wood did trouble him some bit in that series