Fakhar Zaman

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by CricketFan96, Jun 23, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    He’s such an awful batsman. If Imam’s role is to play slow, why is Fakhar doing the same? He’s not even a pure aggressive batsman like Sharjeel yet he plays silly shots and gives his wicket away. The game against India and today, it’s seemed like he’s only playing to keep his average up which is exactly the mentality we need to get rid of.

The only thing he is consistent at is giving his wicket away. Hopefully this World Cup is the last we see of this hack.

2. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Watched him very closely today and it was the first time I began reconsidering just position in the side.

He still has a healthy average at a good SR so I don’t think it’s time to discard him but he should be under a watchful eye.

3. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    His role is to accelerate the innings and give us a fast start, which he doesn’t do, from what I’ve seen atleast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    What do you think about Babar then?

5. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    It is a pattern. Why did our second fifty come off 80 deliveries with two set players? And a super opening stand?

If you look closely at Fakhar, Imam, Babar - each time they get slow after reaching 30. Fakhar tried to up the ante but played a bad shot. Babar did the same. Imam wouldn't even have tried so in a way it was good he got out early.

This gives a message that the top three are not as good as their numbers show.

6. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Let's focus on this after the World Cup

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

7. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    His role is to stabilise the innings one down, which he does quite well. He’s only 24 though so with age, I expect he will learn to play bigger innings’.

8. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    Babar can maintain a good SR and stabilise the innings. We could do with better openers, though.

9. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Still waiting for a match winning innings. So far it's the same bakwaas pattern...get a start, give wicket away.

10. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    It's alright man. As long as the numpty can give us some platform we have a good chance of 300. Unfortunately Babar Azam the best player we have cannot win you matches or handle much pressure so these starts are crucial but the he needs to give himself a kick because this is a world cup not a bilateral. Every team who is doing well their batsman are making more runs then normal, examples are Warner, Finch, Root, Williamson. These guys are making sure they succeed in a world cup. Our guys need to wake up. Don't think too much about the world cup stage but force yourself to make 40s, 50s and 60s into 100s otherwise this same thing will stick with you in the next cup.

11. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Already our best limited overs batsmen ever without a doubt.

12. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Coming back to Fakhar. I want Ahmed back in the team but not for Fakhar simply because Fakhar is a player you need and he was a massive fan fave in domestics as someone who can play fast so why send him back to domestics? He's been exposed slightly but not as much as other hacks have. He's held his own and still makes runs and has done alright against good bowlers.

13. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Ever?

How many games he won for Pakistan?

14. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Harsh on Fakhar

If a player like Warner is allowed to play at low SR, why not Fakhar? Warner today scored 51 off 61. He’s innings vs Ind was horrendous.

Maybe our management plan is to see off the new ball and launch later.

15. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Alright alright calm down mate. Best ever LOL.

16. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    This is not my opinion only. It's just Pakistani fans who cannot accept this reality.

17. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Saeed Anwar is our best ever ODI batter. You woman know who is is. You are a bacha yet.

18. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Yeh bashing Indian trundlers and Zimbabwe is hard as well as kiwis who had no one apart from Danny Morrison really. In 2002 or 2003 they got Shane Bond oh yes also gave SL minnows a bashing as well. Lol. Maybe had talent but results in front doesn't prove he's better then Babar.

19. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Fakhar is good in my opinion and so is Imam but Imam is more suited to test cricket and you need a right hander at the top with Fakhar - Abid Ali or Ahmed Shahzad. Abid Ali will make the playing 11 and Ahmed will be part of the squad as it stands. But, Imam will need to go although Imam is doing a job for us right now that we need him to but Imam is more like Wajahatullah Wasti stuff although similar to Aamir Sohail but he is doing Wajahat job for us which we need in conditions like these. We dont want early wickets otherwise whole team might collapse in these conditions. There is just Harris Sohail and he CAN get out to a good delivery!! Hafeez is there but he is a bit of hit and miss and less said about the rest of the lower order the better!!

20. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Fakhar can be replaced by Sharjeel Khan if he is back from ban I guess and Imam should be replaced by a right hander like Abid Ali or Ahmed Shahzad!!
    But, I like Fakhar specially the way he can really get into those leg spinners and left arm spinners and any type of spin!! Maybe Fakhar and Sharjeel can open but I think we need one calm player with one aggressive one therefore I think one of Fakhar or Sharjeel with a right hander is the way to go! Sharjeel is a better player but Fakhar's CT innings and that 62 he got against India, he is capable of getting big scores specially against India in my opinion!! If they cant get a right hander settled in that opening position then might as well go with both Sharjeel and Fakhar!!

21. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    Warner also scored 106 against Pakistan & 166 against Bangladesh. How many centuries has Fakhar scored in this World Cup?

22. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    No Pakistani has, should we drop them all

23. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    Look at the post I quoted. He’s comparing Warner, leading run scorer of the wc to Fakhar.

24. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Im not comparing. I meant Fakhar is not the only one that has been batting slow. Warner was a example.

It’s only Pakistani fans that seem to be making a big deal out of it. Fakhar & Imam set a platform vs SA & ppl are still complaining.

25. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    The only clutch batsman you have. Let him be.

Any one thinking of dropping him, must have lost it completely.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

26. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Can’t please them

27. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    ^ Warner converts slow starts to big innings usually. Fakhar doesn’t.

28. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Fakhar is becoming a nalaik

29. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Fakhar was an army lad. He needs start using his brain. You simply cannot flick in England. Even in India game he was doing the same. Fakhar needs to play as straight as possible.

30. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    LOL. Comparing a hack with the best batsman in the side. Come on bro. He's been crap for a while.

31. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Now you are being completely unfair. How can a hack average 50+ in both List A and ODIs?

32. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    i think fakhar is fine. i feel 2 big innings are coming in from him.

33. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    I request all Pak fans in ground to pose straight drives whenever Fakhar bats. Against India very difficult he survived when he was playing flick. Fakhar is better then Imam but he needs to understand he's not as talented as Haris and Babar that he can play the flick. Heck even Babar played a flick and almost got bowled. Batting coach need to tell these guys the flick in England is a very risky shot.

34. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    Never mind slow starts, second game running, he doesn’t make a start at all anymore and throws away his wicket. Such an awful cricketer.

35. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    He is coming across more and more like a t*at. If hitting is your game then just hit and get out, rather than defending with no technique.

36. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Doesn't matter

Should be persisted with until the end of the World Cup

A hack has to come off at some stage

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

37. CricketFan96

Aug 4, 2012
    Obviously he has to be persisted with until the end of the World Cup, it’s not like we have a replacement.

38. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Asif Ali

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

39. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Take Fakhar out, get Hafeez to open.

Malik at 4 or 5.

Only against Bangladesh though. Tamim and Shakib are lefties so off spin should help + Pakistan will be able to negotiate BDs spin.

Mehdiy Hasan will eat Fakhar alive.

-

Back to current team for Semi Final even if Malik does well

40. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Lalu needs to stay on the crease and play straight.