Fawad Alam - A curious case

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Feb 26, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I didn't blame fawad for the defeat just explained where he is coming from and its not only with fawad.. He has same views for Misbah, Azhar, Gul , Junaid etc.

2. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    If Afridi gave 100 off ten than it must be fast scoring track, and by your logic Shehzad plays his game based on track, so he should be scoring big to win us the game, NO:shrug

3. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    But hailing Shehzad as winner (a guy playing with similar SR as fawad) and who by the way according to the gentleman is selfish too and delcaring Fawad as a loser. I mean the guy is selfish and score runs at a slow SR to acheive his personal milestones is a winner. What absurd logic is that :fp

4. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Because Sarfaraz's knock was against a mediocre bowling attack. Even Fawad played a match winning knock against Bangladesh, does that mean I start hyping him up? No, cus I know he plays poorly against better attacks. Ahmad has scored big in all conditions and against all attacks. The day Fawad scores a ton or even a run-a-ball fifty in bowler friendly conditions, I'd admit I was wrong and would apologise to all his lovers.

Awww, fyi Bangladesh posted 326 on the same track and we chased that down without any problem. How come par score came down to 260 in 48 hours time? I seriously hope you don't teach anyone maths.

Fawad is not like Misbah cus he hit two sixes against bangladesh?? lol Misbah had most sixes lasty year for Pakistan, that makes him Bradman. And yes, he did need mickey mouse boundaries to hit only his 2nd six in 35 odi matches lol Good example of scoring runs against mediocre attacks, let the big guys come and then we'll see how great he is.

Yeah Lakmal might win bowler of the year award after that performance. Shehzad played a pathetic shot to get out, but what has that got to do with calculations? What are Umar and Afridi supposed to do as lower order batsmen, get out on a duck?

I didn't know par scores depend on oppositions bowling, thats a first :lol

5. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Why don't you go to cricinfo and check for yourself, contributions of both in won matches? Shehzad is selfish but his selfishness doesn't cost us matches (scores according to situation after initially being selfish), Fawad is selfish and his selfishness costs us matches too (doesn't score according to situation after initially being selfish). I'd obviously pick the selfish guy whose selfishness doesn't cost us matches.

Fawad scores big we lose, Ahmad scores big we win. I'll tag you when that happens again :)

6. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Like I said, please refrain from taking a position in PCB just because you have a lhr domicle. :rofl

7. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010

8. Top Spinner

Top Spinner Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013
  9. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Ahmad has scored tons in Newzeland and South Africa which Fawad could only dream of. Conditions in Newzeland and South Africa are conducive to bowling as is the case in Australia and England. He has cored against every opposition since his comeback, stop being Einstein and you'd get to know why he hasn't scored against England and Australia.

You're a genius as far as calculating par score is concerned, please keep these gems to yourself :lol

There's a reason why genius had 1 six in 35 odi's, every day he won't get mickey mouse boundaries.

And you should apply for sweeper's job, since karachiite are great sweepers :rofl

[​IMG]

You don't get the logic, really? Ahmad is selfish to a certain extent while Fawad's selfishness has no limit #Respect

10. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Lol - fan boy is so desperate that he is taken help from a indian poster from another forum :rofl

Is accepting that Shehzad is selfish but want to have in the team just to prove his flawed logic of 50 balls theory and degrade Fawad:lol

Lying that Shehzad have scored big against all the attacks and in all conditions. When asked about to show his so called big scores against India, Australia and England, couldn't prove a thing :rofl

Thinks that bowler are just to throw balls at batter when the pitch is batting friendly. Heck why even play bowlers get 11 batters who can turn their arms in such conditions. May be he knows something which no body in World cricket have a clue :rofl

If final was on batting paradise than why Mr Selfish couldn't score to save his life and gave away his wicket as doing a catching practice for keeper. :lol

According to the Misbah, the plan was not to give wickets to Malinga. But the way Mr Selfish got out, was proving that his plan was totally oppossite :fp

All these things prove one thing, that gentleman is one of those guys who is asked to come and play in gali cricket just to make numbers, can't bat, can't bowl, can't field, call cricket kirkut and above all don't have a clue about the game :p

11. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    liar liar pants on fire :rofl Come back when he scores big against these teams. Don't just assume because as I indicated in above posts, cricket analysis is not one of your forte :p

Funny thing that Fawad haven't played a single game in NZ, SA and you are so genius to predict his faith there. Haven't he proved you wrong recently by hitting sixes in Asia cup :) By the way Fawad averages 39 in Australia and 38 in England in ODI's. Talk abt difficult batting conditions :rofl

Shehzad has a career SR of 71.55 and average 34.40 after 45 ODI's comparing with Fawad's career SR of 77.47 and average 46.52 after 29 games. A guy who don't bat in 10 overs of power play, can't hit boundaries have a better strike rate than the pakistani kohli who is also behind in career average, how is that possible :p

I think you now like this pawning. Yeah its the same thing, it hurts first and then you start enjoying it :rofl

12. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Shehzad was part of the winning eleven 25 times after playing 45 ODI games. Winning percentage 55%

Fawad Alam was part of the winning eleven 14 times after playing 29 ODI games. Winning percentage 48%

So Fawad Alam is loser and Shehzad is winner - I mean even a guy who sells pop corn in the stadium would tell you that its crap conclusion, but here we have an aspiring business graduate :fp

13. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    He did score a historic 9 off 11 balls in a T20 in Auckland and then got kicked out by his Godfather for rest of the series :rofl

In a ground where mis-hits go for sixes, he deserves winning nishan-e-haider for hitting two brutal sixes which fell right on the boundary :D

At a strike rate of 90 or 190? :rofl

Where do you get your statistics from, Newton?

:rofl :rofl

In the Asia cup final, Gary Sobers Junior batted in the power play and what was his strike rate at the end of it? 20?? :rofl

Be thankful to Misbah for letting Gary hide in the middle order rather than exposing the great domestic bully to new ball.

Like Ahmad pwns you every time he scores a century? :rofl

14. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    ODI's:

Fawad is a certified match loser. Out of 791 odi runs, 414 (53%) of his runs have come in lost matches.

Ahmad is a certified match winner. Out of 1514 odi runs, 1044 (69 %) of his runs have come in won matches.

T20I's:

Fawad; Out of 194 runs, 84 (43%) have come in lost matches.

Ahmad; Out of 528 runs, 150 (28%) have come in lost matches.

Tests:

Fawad; Out of 250 runs, 218 (87.2%) have come in lost matches.

Ahmad; Out of 273 runs, 12 (4.3%) have come in lost matches.

Conclusion:

Fawad scores big, higher goes the probability of loss. He scores less, higher goes the probability of win.

Ahmad scores big, higher goes the probability of win. He scores less, higher goes the probability of loss.

#SirGaryTheStrikeRotator

15. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Your logic is flawed. By this I can prove Ajmal to be a match loser too.

16. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Thread is about Fawad Alam. Fawadistas brought in Ahmad, so i had to make the comparison.

Btw, Ajmal's stats aren't as pathetic as Fawad's. 62 % of his test and 60 % of his T20 wickets have come in won matches. In odi's he has been below par but compensates for that in other formats.

17. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Wow, 3 tests, what a sample size!

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  18. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Fun Fact:

To make Fawad look a legend, Fawadistas mostly compare him with #Sir Chanderpaul. Well, they rightly do so because, Chanderpaul's 53% odi runs have also come in lost matches lol

In tests, 46% of his runs have come in lost matches

In T20's 48 percent have come in lost matches

#SirWellAndTrulyOnHisWay

19. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    I'll ask a question. If Shehzad played for Bangladesh in 2005, how many of his runs would be in wins?

If Shehzad played for West Indies, how many extra tests/ODI's would they have won?

This is all relative to a team's strength. Expected from a regionalist who loves Kamran Akmal

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  20. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Ajmal would have much better stats if we had a half a decent batting lineup. And when you refer that all of Fawad Alam's runs have come in losses you should note the fact he has only played in 3 test matches, not to forget cricket is a team sport.

Your logic is not logic. It is hate. Pathetic coming from a so called fan

21. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Fawad plays for Bangladesh? lol

Same Afridi who plays a good helping hand when shehzad scores big, fails to do so when Fawad scores big. There has got to be a reason behind this!! Maybe Shehzad bribes Afridi not to perform when Fawad bats big :thinking

Awww, why don't you bring the same logic up when Misbah scores big yet we lose? Anti-region much lol

:rofl keep crying, you've got to tolerate him for the whole world cup

22. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Why don't Misbah get benefit of doubt for almost a similar case? If he had half decent batting support we might have won most matches we lost.

Einstein, I've provided odi and t20 stats too?

stop crying now :yk

23. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Slow batting/ Eating more deliveries can be one of the reason of loss but definitely not the biggest reason when it comes to Pakistan

We need to address bigger issues first before going all out against someone who is atleast scoring..

I don't think anyone said Fawad is a messiah.. He needs to improve his game, he has played only few matches and just two on his comeback.. Completely writing him off on the basis of few innings is nonsensical.

He isn't the main culprit

24. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Btw ehtesham

Shahzad big scores have nothing to do with wins of Pakistan.. Atleast two occasions i remember

Against Bangladesh, asking run rate after his dismissal was around 10.5/11 which isn't an easy ask and if it was not for Afridi blitz, we would have lost that match.

Similarly in SA when Shahzad scored a century, we were losing until last two overs by Ajmal and Junaid & choke by Proteas.

In Final, Situation could have been different if Akmal hadn't dropped catch and LBW was given, Srilanka would have been 4 down for about 100.

So this fact that Shahzad scores big scores & we win is a flawed logic.. There are many other factors on all three occasions which contributed to the win/defeat of Pakistan.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  25. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    My point is that players like Fawad and Azhar Ali are nothing but liabilities in limited overs cricket.

Azhar Ali has scored 333 (73%) runs off 452 in lost matches. His fans could come up with all weird excuses but fact of the matter is he's not cut for limited overs cricket.

26. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Yar my point is, when Shehzad scores big, Afridi, Umar etc play a good helping hand and mostly we end up winning. But, when Fawad scores big, why doesn't the same helping hand end up resulting in win?

Why don't Junaid and Ajmal bowl well when Fawad scores big? Or why doesn't other team choke?

Similar things would have happened in matches where Shehzad scored big.

Check all defensive players' record and you'd get to know they play a big part in teams loss.

27. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    My logic is not flawed, its perfectly fine.

Inzi and Afridi are the two biggest match winners we've produced, Inzi's 4118 (35%) and Afridi's 2612 (34%) runs have come in lost matches.

When match winners perform you win, when match losers perform you lose.

28. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    My biggest problem with Misbah is his constant support of Shoaib Malik and Imran Farhat. Not his batting.

Fawad has clearly improved in the past 4 years. And he is playing at the wrong position. #5 should be for some one who can carry the innings and hit out. Fawad should bat at 3. And he should have nothing to do with the T20 team

29. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Michael Bevan who's known to be the best finisher in modern game has scored 2276 (32%) in lost matches.

30. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    Here is the bottom line

Fawad is going no where. His come back performances have ignited the bed for his haters who now cannot sleep. Not only in ODI but he will be featuring in Tests soon. When did that happen I am worried abt someone. Need to start anti depression and sleeping pills soon:lol

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  31. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    Agreed, these guys need to be put on anti-depressants :rofl

What a performance by Fawad again, puts haters in a pickle.....

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  32. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Kamran Akmal is in the T20 squad too :rofl

33. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    The problem is ego won't let ppl accept facts. There were shockingly surprised to see Fawad playing those 2 innings after a 4 year come back. You can run stats many ways to prove a player's positives and negatives. Even Shoaib Malik fans will present him as ponting. I did the same above just to show the other side of stats. Like I posted earlier, both will be important players for future and should be supported. Delcaring a player a loser when he grabbed the opportunity after a 4 year comeback and played an important role in teams effort is nothing but out of personal hate.

34. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    And they are trying to find solace in KA's inclusion in T20 Squad :rofl

35. Mohammed

Mohammed Youngsta Beauty

Sep 23, 2012
    oh God, i dont want him there as a keeper.. as a batsman he's handy though with some quickfire 20s/30s

36. Saein

Saein Smooth Operator

Sep 4, 2010
    If he is in the playing eleven he will be keeping.

37. Wistful Reminisces

Sep 21, 2012
    But they're not regionalists, no :p

38. Mohammed

Mohammed Youngsta Beauty

Sep 23, 2012
    this is why im not a fan of him in the team

39. tanveers

tanveers Youngsta Beauty

Sep 9, 2010
    It's futile to debate with people who are opinionated. I for one, do not support any one person or group. I support Pakistan. I want Pakistan to win—who wins it for Pakistan, I don't really care. I cherish every win. But I know this much, a Cricket team has eleven players. Not every player needs to be of the same style. You need pinch hitters and anchors both, Particularly in Test and ODI cricket. So let's praise Fawad for what has done in the past and in recent times. Let's also praise Afridi for his once in a while match winning performance. Enjoy Cricket and stay unbiased.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  40. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    A joke of a batsman who always benefits oppositions with his scintillating stroke play. Lets hope sanity prevails and he gets dropped after this tour, he'll be a huge huge embarrassment in Australia.