Fawad Alam rubbishes rumors of involvement in fixing

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Apr 16, 2018 at 12:40 PM.

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Pakistan top order batsman Fawad Alam has rubbished the rumors that he has been involved in fixing, which is why he was not selected for the upcoming tour of Ireland and England.

“I think I don’t need to explain myself, as I have done nothing wrong. My entire cricket career has been clean, committing fixing is one thing I cannot even think about it,” said Alam, while talking to local media. “If there were such issues, I would not have been playing in domestic circuit like a lot of players who are out of domestic cricket as well,” he added.

Alam has not been selected in the 16-men squad, which didn’t sit well with the cricket fans as they have called for justice for the domestic cricket superstar. the top order batsman remains one of the star performers at domestic level for quite some time added with maintaining extraordinary fitness levels, remained unsuccessful in grabbing a place for the Ireland and England tour, despite being a hot favorite.

Pakistan cricket chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq, has announced a 16-member squad for the upcoming tour of Ireland and England, featuring five uncapped players including nephew Imam-ul-Haq.

Meanwhile, Pakistan, under the leadership of skipper Sarfraz Ahmed, will play against Ireland, which will be their first-ever Test against Pakistan from May 11 to May 15 in Dublin. Pakistan will then play two Tests against England at Lord’s from May 24 to May 28 and Headingley from June 1 to June 5.

https://www.brecorder.com/2018/04/16/411965/fawad-alam-rubbishes-rumors-of-involvement-in-fixing/

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    ‘Hopelessness is a sin’: Fawad Alam positive despite non-selection

KARACHI: Pakistani left-handed batsman Fawad Alam has promised to work even harder and stay positive after being ignored in the 16-man squad for the upcoming tour to Ireland and England in May.

Chief selector Inzamamul Haq on Sunday announced the squad on Sunday sans Alam, however, with five players receiving maiden Test call-ups.

When asked why he wasn’t picked from the 25-man initial Test camp, Alam said: “I don’t know the answer to this; this has been happening forever. However, a player’s job is to perform, stay fit, and wait to be rewarded.”

He continued: “As far as selection is concerned, the national selection committee can answer why I wasn’t picked. As a player I am leaving no stones unturned.”

Alam was seen training in a different kit than the others during the training camp for the tour, but he negated any view of discrimination.

“Coach, management, support staff and all the players were nice to me. As far as the old kit is concerned, all the players are playing in the national team so they had the new kits. I had the old kit with me so I was wearing that, but I was given a new one later.”

He also said that he didn’t see any signs of discomfort with him being in the camp. “I didn’t see any wrong gesture from anyone that I am an outsider. The camp was good. We all worked hard and enjoyed it. We all benefited from it and the team which is going on the tour will also benefit from it.”

On non-selection

Alam, despite having a historic average in domestic cricket, hasn’t been able to break into the national team even after the retirement of veterans Misbahul Haq and Younus Khan, but he is not going to lose hope.

“Being hopeless is a sin,” he said. “I’ll do what I know best. I’ll work hard, try my best, practice more, and play whatever domestic cricket comes my way. My cricket doesn’t end here if I wasn’t named in the squad.”

The southpaw added that he was hurt when his name wasn’t announced but he is positive that better times will come. “It hurts definitely. But I can’t just leave cricket saying there is no use. Whatever I have today is because of cricket. I respect the game a lot. Ups and downs are part and parcel of this sport, but one needs to stay positive and wait for better things to happen.”

Future plans

Alam might be non-desirable to Pakistan, but he is planning to go to England to play league cricket apart from playing in the domestic competitions.

“Pakistan Cup is coming. I will try my best to perform there. Other than that, I might go to England to play league cricket,” he revealed.

Alam concluded by thanking his fans for their support. “Thank you so much and keep supporting me. I will keep working hard and Allah will not let you prayers go to waste.”

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1687030/7-hopelessness-sin-fawad-alam-positive-despite-non-selection/

3. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Only selection committee can answer: Fawad

Karachi - The mystery of Fawad Alam only gets harder to crack with each upcoming tour. The 32-year old’s exclusion from the Pakistan Test squad for the England and Ireland tour was just another baffling decision by the selectors that left everyone searching for answers. But there are no answers.

“I don’t know why I was not selected,” Fawad, whose first-class average of more than 55 can put many to shame, said in a video interview shared by ESPNcricinfo. Looking as clueless as everyone else, the disappointed cricketer shared his thoughts on being snubbed (for the umpteenth time) by the selectors. “As far as the selection is concerned, only the selection committee can answer [your question]. I am trying my best to ensure that [I continue to perform at every opportunity I get].

According to Fawad, it is his responsibility, as a player, to continue performing at the domestic level. “This [exclusion from the squad] has been happening and it is the responsibility of the player to keep on performing at the domestic level and one day you will reap the benefits,” he added.

Chief Selector Inzamam-ul-Haq on Sunday announced a 16-member squad for the tour to Ireland and England next month. The squad includes five uncapped players: batsmen Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Usman Salahuddin, Saad Ali and all-rounder Faheem Ashraf.

Fawad Alam, who left behind many of his younger peers in the fitness test scores prior to the squad announcement, was once again inexplicably ignored, triggering a national outrage as fans demanded answers. Fawad has scored 10,742 runs in 145 first-class matches at an average of 55.37. In the only 3 Tests he has played, he scored 250 runs at an average of 41.66 with one century.

https://nation.com.pk/17-Apr-2018/only-selection-committee-can-answer-fawad

4. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Fawad Alam ready for next challenge

Pakistani cricketer Fawad Alam who was excluded from Pakistan’s squad for England and Ireland has said that it does not matter if he was picked or not, he will keep working on his fitness.

Talking to the media at the National Stadium in Karachi, the 32-year old cricketer said, that he was not disheartened about being picked to be a part of the squad since that is a part of the game.

"It's not like everyone who plays gets picked, it is part of the game", he said.

He also added that there is plenty of domestic cricket to look forward too and that he was working on his fitness at the moment.

"For me, the next thing is keeping fit and continuing to be a part of the domestic circuit. I have Grade 2 semi-final for Karachi coming up followed by Pakistan Cup," he added.

Talking about his recent exclusion he said that not being picked has been disappointing but that does not mean he will leave the game.

"Cricket is our bread and butter and I do not know anything else besides that. What else am I going to do besides play cricket?"

He also added that he would continue to play domestic cricket and reap the benefits from the game.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/191800-fawad-alam-ready-for-next-challenge