FIFA World Cup 2018 - Draft Competition [Winner: Munna & Red Devil]

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by Mohsin, Jun 5, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Yeah so any changes have to be made before the start of the round. Its the same as the fantasy cricket league that we use also.

2. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    When is replacement picks

3. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Youve played this site before. Clarify the situation in relation to the captain. If my captain get 10 points on Thursday and i decide to change captains for Friday. Will i still have the 10 points or do i lose those points because ive change skipper?

4. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Once @Donal Cozzie lets me know what he plans to do with his (over budget) players

5. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    I am not sure about captain myself but this is what it says in the rules:

• Players who are substituted out will score 0 points. The captain bonus will be lost from your original captain if a new captain is selected. Substitutions and captain changes can't be cancelled once confirmed.

I and RD had a case last time where one of our strikers scored great pts but then we lost them as we substituted him just before the round was ended (but nobody was clear about the rules back then).

6. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    I'll decide later, have work soon will be back tonight.

Honestly the only reason I'm tempted to even continue is because ye have pissed me off so much the last week NOT taking part, even if it means dead last, will have rendered all this craic worthless.

Joke how expensive half my players are tbh. Brozovic 8.5? McDonalds are bloody clueless lad I tell ya, and I play the normal FPL every year too.

Most likely I'll half to swap players out, people are free to offer trades if they want but I aint gonna listen to joke offers, would rather just sit out and hoard all the palyers and stop ye having them if people try to pull the mickey lol

7. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Yeah thought so. Safe option would be to advise everyone to pick 1 captain and stick with him. Otherwise they run their own risk of losing points.

8. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    No worries. Btw no trades mate. Youll only be allowed to pick players from those left in the list (like myself, Ahson and Fawad did). The players you are forced to release will then go into a pot, where whoever wants him can post on a first post first served basis.

9. Donal Cozzie

Nov 4, 2014
    but sure if they're gonna go to other teams surely I should at the very least have the option of trading if a decent trade is available. I'm already being screwed by this league's retarded pricing

10. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Thats the punishment for being over budget (i posted in relation to keeping in mind the budget on several occasions). Im in the same boat too btw.

Also, each manager is allowed 1 player to pick up only.

11. Donal Cozzie

Nov 4, 2014
    Feck sake, team is already garbage.

Probably just ditch a bunch of mid level players then and bank on the 3 strikers plus De Bruyne.

Fact that no players are cheaper than 5 is just madness.

Might just ditch Kane either feck it didnt want any English players anyway

12. Red Devil

Red Devil Whispering Death

Dec 15, 2013
    Bro there will be separate rounds of matches, once a round is complete, you can change your lineup, captains etc, you won't lose any points. However, if you make changes while the round is still in progress, then you'll lose points. Its pretty simple honestly.

13. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
    @Mohsin here you can see how each round will be separate.
    [​IMG]

14. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Im talking in relation to before each game day. Someone might change captain before each game day thinking theyll be fine.

15. Mad Genius

Mad Genius Cornered Tiger

Oct 6, 2014
    Trades won't work in your case as no one is left with any surplus budget. Every team has utilised full 100 million. Trading a 9 million player with one of the same price won't be of any use as you'd still be over budget by 8M and no one can afford to trade a cheaper player with one of your expensive players.

16. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
    I see, but it is allowed to change the captain for each round, right? Just making sure.

17. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    It seems so. The wording from the website says 'manager substitutions within a round'.

18. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    Btw I think @Mohsin intentionally went over budget when he realized Draxler won't have much game time so he offloaded him very smartly
    Note @Munna @Red Devil

19. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
    That's the exact loophole @Munna bhai was talking about rofl, cheeky lawyer.

20. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    iirc once a round is over, the pts of that round are accumulated to the total or sth along that lines happen. In any case, everyone should be able to know when the round is completed on the website and its safe to make changes for next round.

21. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Must say, he did play it out really well

22. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
  23. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    There is a reason he picked 6 midfielders too

24. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Can we use the boosters?

25. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    Shame!

Hence proven... he's the Sham Idrees of Cricistan while I am Ducky Bhai

26. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Yeah of course man

27. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Kindly expand?

28. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    Sahi 2 number banda hai. Saul Goodman type ka lawyer hoga

29. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
  30. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Yar can somebody explain me more about these boosts and when I should use them ?

31. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    Both bench boosts and Captain boosts should ideally be used during 1st two rounds

32. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
    MAXIMUM CAPTAIN
    This booster automatically makes the highest scoring player from your final playing 11 as the captain. This booster must be played prior to the start of the respective Round and it can be used only once during the tournament.

BENCH BOOST
    The points of all 15 players are counted for the Round in which this booster has been played. This card must be played prior to the start of the respective Round and it can be used only once during the tournament.

33. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Bench boost for Round 1, surely ?

34. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    So WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO OUR ELIMINATED PLAYERS IN R2 ?

35. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    ^ Sorry lol, Caps got activated

36. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    R1, R2, and R3 are all group stage rounds.

37. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
    Yep, as Munna bhai mentioned above, players will only get eliminated in the 4th round.

38. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    Oh

39. Donal Cozzie

Nov 4, 2014
    Right, I've somehow managed to shave 8 million off lool. Ive not even checked if anyone has these guys already because, lets be honest, nobody does (unless MG has the bleacherreport scan the South Korean second division for data)

Lichtsteiner is gone for the Nigerian powerhouse Awaziem of Nantes, a mighty four caps to his name.

Dembele is discarded as he probably wont start anyway, for the Panamanian prince himself, Tejada, of Sports Boys, which sounds like a clan of American frat students jailed while holidaying in Indonesia for stripping naked on a sacred mountain and banging. 43 international goals mind, and if anyone will let this fella score, its England.

Brozovic is brozodropped, replaced by the footballing reincarnation of Shane Warne, J Irvine, first name unknown.

Safe to say the bench boost aint gonna be particularly handy will it.

40. Donal Cozzie

Nov 4, 2014
    Shame on all thes fake "Muslims" @iZeeshan
    Whole point of your religion is to spread Islam to as many people as possible, yet look at these fools, hoarding players from the same team. Only our squad contains 15 different nationalities, of varying degrees of crapness. We, truly, are serving the deen in our picks unlike these haram jahil awaam draft members.

PS: Hope you like the team name.