Forbes list understates my wealth, Saudi prince says

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Namak_Halaal, Mar 5, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Talk about insecurity!

2. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    Who cares? You're filthy rich. Enjoy life without having to struggle for anything you spoilt brat.

3. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    I genuinely do not like this chap Waleed b. Talal. The guy invests in the radically anti-Muslim News Corp owed by Murdoch

4. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Also this chap is a live example of the reason many people despise the Saudi monarchy

5. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Toba, millions of fellow muslims are dying of hunger and he's having a go at some analysts for placing him only 26th of worlds richest men :facepalm some ungrateful guy he is

6. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    Has this prince actually earned his fortune or is he just a rich kid who got oil as part of inheritance?

7. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Bit of both, he's a CEO who built a company, not from scratch but with the help of this wealth. I don't doubt that he's a decent businessman, even with that pre-existing wealth. However he is also extremely close to the White House and has invested in Murdoch's company. Basically the archetype people think of when they criticize Saudi Arabia.

8. Waq

Waq Emerging Player

May 9, 2010
    There is a place in the world to celebrate certain people in the Forbes list. It should be the Carlos Slims, Bill Gates, Laxmi Mittals etc.

These people have earned their fortunes (ethical or not) but why has inheritance money people or royal family members? Even more annoying is the lengths that they go to be in the list.

9. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Hahahaha, I know people who check Forbes list everyday. This is for celebrity wannabes,

10. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    I think that Forbes may have purposely ranked Waleed bin Talal lower than his actual wealth because of this royal factor. And he probably thinks they've done it because of a bias. I would say it's fair enough from the magazine if that is the case.

11. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    By contrast, I admire this chap. I came across him doing some research at an internship last year and his attitude is refreshingly diferent to Waleed b. Talal's:

http://muslimheroes.org/2012/06/16/252-sulaiman-al-rajhi-philanthropist-saudi-arabia/

Sulaiman b. Abdul Aziz Rajhi, a 90-year-old enterpreneur who with his brothers founded Rajhi Bank which is the world's largest Islamic bank. He went broke early in his life and the brothers restarted basically from scratch. He lives quite comfortably but simply, has split his wealth among his offspring and donated the rest to charity. Shame more people aren't like this chap.