Forget about Amir and Junaid, Starc is the real deal!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Dec 30, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    He was already one of the best in odis and now establishing himself in tests as well. His second spell where he took three wickets was unplayable especially how he set up both wahab and sarfraz.

He will end up as one of the finest bowler in the history of cricket especially in an era dominated by Bat.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    He is too injury prone to be one of the best.

3. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Your hyping the guy now but only few days ago put him down when Azhar scored a double. You said that aussie bowlers weren't that good etc. yet after 2 days he will be one of the finest in history!

4. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Well spotted bro.

5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    He is a quality bowler. Love his nasty attitude also.

6. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    @Bilal123 I am not hyping the guy now, have always rated him and I also maintain that aussies bowling is very weak. Read my post again, I said he is establishing himself in tests as well now.

Regarding aussies bowling, lyon is okish, Bird is nobody, Hazlewood is also okish.. and Starc is decent-good in tests.

Is not this a weak test bowling ?

7. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    His ceiling seems to be higher. When he does perform he can hit some great heights. Wahab and the current Amir have not hit any heights

8. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    I don't know. He averages 28 in tests and will be turning 27 in a month. A long way from one of the finest bowlers in the history of cricket atm.

9. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    Hazlewood OK-ish???

Bowls on flat decks in Australia most of the time and averages 26. Consistently performed well. He's damn good.

Every single Australian pace bowler would walk into the Pakistan team IMO, Its no ATG line up by any means but its not what I'd call weak

10. aliasad1998

aliasad1998 Youngsta Beauty

Dec 7, 2016
    Lol why is junaids name even being mentioned. Rubbish bowler

11. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    Its like that Joel Paris, Amir and Starc comparison on PP. Two nobodies being compared to Starc while here one of the bowlers in question cannot even make the team. All 3 pacers Australia had this series are far superior to anybody Pakistan has

12. axl100mph

axl100mph Emerging Player

Nov 23, 2016
    What's the point of posting it again Prince bhai aka @guddubadmash when you have already entertained everybody with your views on that thread.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  13. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Joel Paris is contender for best left arm fast bowler of this generation apparently lol

14. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    For the craic and lols

15. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Who is Joel Paris

16. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    He is already the best.

17. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    LOL

18. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Don't worry tour of India is coming up. We will see how good is he.

19. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    Yes yes Junaid the hopping and trundling chucker is the real deal. Now only if Starc's full name was Starc Khan, Starc Afridi or Starc Shinwari. Then he would have been the real deal.

20. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Aren't you too obessed with Pukhtoons? I wonder what's the reason?

21. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    He is trying hard to prove that he is neutral lol.

He is also anti-IK and loves Nawaz to the core.. probably the only pakhtoon who loves nawaz shareer

22. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    In every damn post he is trying to bring Pukhtoons. I never said Junaid is better than Starc but look at his post. I just laughed on his post because it is very early days to call Starc one of the best.

23. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Ossama is trying his hardest to repent for that time he abused a Punjabi girl on facebook for calling us Pathans. He even went back and deleted his posts on that particular post but people have still mentioned him calling him out so thats one thing he cannot delete lol.

24. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    He is basically a real life version of Samuel L Jacksons character in Django

25. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    I'm not him. He's a friend whose identity I used to hide mine, with his approval of course. However, you will be upset to know that he has matured as a person now and isn't proud of what he did.

26. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    Just calling out your bias.

27. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Cornered Tiger

Oct 5, 2014
    He was always the real deal even when sohail khan was smashing him. Yes he is establishing himself but he has showcased great talent and ability that quite frankly surpasses many other bowlers and every known ( i am discounting the gems we may have in hiding) bowler we have.

The guy avgs 24 with the bat with 8 fifties and 27 with the ball. If we had a player like that we would have said either Imran khan 2.0 or wasim akram 2.0 with utilized batting skills. In ODI he has 5 fifers in 50+ matches with an avg of 19!!! That's crazy stuff.

The thing is both Junaid and amir are similar that they had one tour that hyped them like crazy with spells in between and we have used excuses like injuries to lay offs to getting back in rhythm but quite frankly they are currently just not there.

The difference is that starc stands on the top of mount Olympus and these two are in caverns. Its that much. Maybe in the future Junaid or amir will re-emerge or reinvent themselves or rise or improve leaps and bounds ( nobody knows the future. Its uncertain) but currently the difference is like this.

Anyhow the point is that our bowling has been horribly below par and while our batting had ups and downs our bowling only had downs. Nobody rose up and emerged and some were hyped to turn into Mitchell Johnson magically in australia.

There is still one test. We are quite frankly mentally shot. The way we snatched a loss from the clenched jaws of a draw has thrown us down beyond recovery. It looks next to impossible to fight back in the third test.

This test series has been very well fought but the way we surrendered at some points which gave all the momentum away just pisses me off and takes the team down mentally.

28. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    This is like Samir Nasri saying he got hacked on twitter :p

29. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
  30. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Should a guy that apparently pretends to use his friends name and pictures online have any credibility in calling people out?

I know it is you and I can only assume you were drunk or high on something when you made that revelation earlier.

I dont really care too much about the
    views you used to have or still have. My main problem with you is this accusations of racism you deploy on anybody that supports Younus Khan when I have read the vile and disgusting racial language you used for that girl who said Pathans are great just because she was Punjabi and I remember calling you a stain on our people in that very post. A lot of people agreed with you but a lot also abused you for it. If you are not Ossama its disgraceful you used his profession and pictures online hence nobody should ever take anything you say seriously.

I do think you are articulate and agree with a lot of your posts but you overstep certain things. I do not like hypocrites in any shape or form.

I dont even like saying this out in the open but you are accusing a man much older than you of racism when he has given out to me because some idiot on my page abused Punjabis and I was so ashamed I blocked both of them

31. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    forget about Amir, Junaid and Starc. Rahat is the real deal

32. Donal Cozzie

Donal Cozzie Tracer Bullet

Nov 4, 2014
    Patriot is back.

2017 already worse than 2016

33. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Mitchell Starc's fitness issues are behind him now. In the first test he bowled 56 overs and played the 2nd with ease too without breaking down or anything. That is absolutely insane for a fast bowler and a proper fast bowler not these slow pokes we have.

34. Majid Khan

Majid Khan Youngsta Beauty

Mar 27, 2010
    Starc is no doubt the real deal, just look at the intensity and aggression he has in his bowling , thats what you call a fast bowler. Another key difference, this guy is an athlete and bowls 90mph range consistently in every spell, unlike the Pakistani pacers who get into 'mazdoori' mode from their 2nd spell onwards, lethargic and just going through the motions waiting for their shift to finish to get some much needed rest.

That's the difference between a genuine quick bowler and one who pretends to be one - the genuine one bowls at express pace consistently and uses his pace to his advantage. Aamir and Wahab for all their so-called pace and fire, lets be honest they can not even deliver a 90mph YORKER aimed at middle stump to a third rate tailender at will.

35. Mamoon

Mamoon Youngsta Beauty

Jan 6, 2015
    Although I didn't watch him in his peak, I believe that Starc is the closest thing to a young Waqar.

36. Majid Khan

Majid Khan Youngsta Beauty

Mar 27, 2010
    There are similarities in mindset and attitude yes, and I was fortunate to have watched Waqar Younis at his peak in early to mid 90s not just for Pakistan but also at county cricket level - and I think the last line of my previous post about being able to bowl a 90mph yorker aimed at middle stump AT WILL , this was me thinking about Waqar because in all the years I have followed cricket never have seen anyone who was so lethal and able to spear it in full, quick and on target as consistently as Waqar could in the 90-94 period.

That's why I have always believed Waqar Younis would have been successful in any era and against any batsman, because when he got it right on target, coming it at full pace and late swing -- it was as close to unplayable as bowling gets.

And coming back to to Aamir and Wahab -- I'll have to be honest, I am sceptical if these two could take a five-wicket haul by clean bowling if they were bowling at just stumps (or Rahat Ali, aik hee baat hai :) ) for 5 consecutive overs. I'm sure Aamir would get one or two close shaves, and Wahab would be bouncing and then aggressively glaring the stumps :)

37. abc_to_xyz

abc_to_xyz Youngsta Beauty

Nov 20, 2016
    He's good in Australia only, among the best for this generation but not even close to ATGs.

38. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Starc is an ok to good Test bowler, but definitely not the real deal in Test cricket.

39. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    So Mamoon isn't who he actually pretends to be and has been using someone else's pictures? LMAO.