1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Fragrance Discussion

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Mad Genius, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    yeah lots of fake itur now being made

I only get ones like this,

[​IMG]

2. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Try to karo.. free main 2-3 spray maar lo next time you go to Dubai mall - they will let u try it for free

you will like oud type scents, like me.

bit cheaper one is Armani Oud or Boss Oud

LV, Gucci, D&G, Cartier, etc are bit expensive.

3. Fireworks11

Sep 22, 2012
    For Itr, best to get from authentic places in Saudi Arabia like Abdul-Al- Samad-Qureshi or Arabian Oud.

4. Mad Genius

Mad Genius Fantasy Draft Wins: 4

Oct 6, 2014
    Thomas Kosmala no 4 is the longest lasting fragrance of all the ones I have tried so far. Montale and Mancera fragrances are very long lasting too

5. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    @ASLI-PATHAN

For Dubai weather, I'd recommend you Mancera Kumkat wood. Woody, citrusy scent with very good longevity. For winters, nothings beats Mancera Red Tobacco, a true beast mode fragrance that may choke people around you in a closed environment.

If you like leather based scents, then you must check out Rasasi La Yuqawam Pour Homme. Lasts more than 24 hours and is almost 95% close clone of Tom Ford Tuscan Leather which is my favorite scent. You can get it easily from any Rasasi store in UAE

6. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Thanks for the info brother. Will definitely check it and when I buy it will upload the picture here.

7. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    What would I do with all these expensive scents.... main to axe dooderant laga ke bachiyaan phasa leta hun :shrug

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I have actually been very lucky in perfumes mA as I get so many muftay ke as gifts from friends and family, relatives etc. Even now I have got many on my dressing table (May Allah SWT protect me from buri nazar of the reader of this post ameen) but I have personally bought only 2 myself.

Personal all time fav for office use have always been L'eau D'issey by Issey Miyake, Farehnheit and Mont Blanc Individuel.

Currently got Diesel OTB Wild which is a really good and strong one for casual use in Dubai.
    Joop Homme, Valentino V, Helmut Lang, Lacoste Red, XS, Davidoff Hot Water, Merceides-Benz and there are is one more I can't recall right now currently in my use.

Solo Loewe another underrated one.

As AP said, I wouldn't invest a lot in expensive perfumes myself. Whatever a nose likes, works for the occasion. I was wearing 55 dirham wala Jameela ittar by Swiss Arabian for last jumma namaz and got great compliments from an old gora guy in the elevator.

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    wait till you hear about the hair products they use and how much they spend on them

10. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Yaar I bought Mont Blanc Individual from a shop in Sharjah City Center but seems it's fake. I can't feel its smell after an hour. It's almost finished now.

Bough Azzaro Night from Brands for Less (someone told me they are selling original maal) but also seems fake. It's lying in my car.

Bought One Million Dollar, Mont Blanc Legend Night, Farehnheit (don't know why people like this *hit) from Paris Gallery all fake.

A friend brought 212 for me from UK that was original and I like it's smell very good and long lasting.

Have used so many perfumes Lanvin I like this one, CK One, Cool Water.

I never look at name. If I like the smell I will take it.

11. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  12. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    me personally have never used Perfume, only when forced too

on daily basis I use a Roll on and im good for the day

13. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    The thing is most of these perfume bottles getting sold here in GCC were out of the factory ages ago and one summer season is enough to ruin their fragrance. I know for a fact that many of the distributors are not handling the logistics of these products very well here.

So consider yourself lucky if you ever find a long lasting perfume here in UAE unless you go all high end and buy it straight from the brand store instead of retailers like Paris Galley etc.

14. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Since last 15-20 years daily after taking bath I am using Nivea Body Spray Fresh active. Believe me there is non better Deodorant than this one.

15. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    Mont blanc individuale is week in performance and almost all CK are weak performers. Most designer fragrances these days suck in terms of performance. Also, scent profile matters. Fresh, citrus based scents tend to be weak especially in hot & humid conditions of Dubai, even the authentic ones won't last long and evaporate quickly due to the conditions whereas rich, dark and sweet scents with notes of leather, tobacco, oud, resins, tonka bean, vanilla generally last more compared to the freshies.

You must try Rasasi perfumes, very good quality and performance for a very cheap price.
    Rasasi Fattan is clone of Terre D Hermes with better performance and you can easily get it for 50-60 dirhams.
    Al Wisam Day (Clone of Creed Silver Mountain water) is another geat value for money scent. Longevity is average though.
    Rasasi Hawas is another fresh scent which is a hybrid of Sauvage, Invictus acqua. Longevity is 12+ hours and I've already told you about La Yuqawam which is the longest lasting Rasasi but needs to be sampled first because it has a very strong note of leather which few people may not like.

Perfumes of Mancera and Montale are very very long lasting, a bit on the expensive side but definitely value for money. 2-3 sprays and you're good to go for the whole day. 1 or 2 spray max in case of Mancera Red Tobacco or Montale intense. You won't be able to finish their bottles because you'll be spraying very little.

16. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    @Munna is right. Extreme heat and sunlight ruin a perfume. Also never place your perfume near the window on the dressing. Keep it in a cool and dry place. Your perfumes would be fine for years

17. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    @ASLI-PATHAN Why did you purchase Fahrenheit when you didn't like it. Never blind buy a perfume, go to a mall. Test it on your skin. Walk around for a couple of hours, eat, do shopping etc and if it's still projecting and you like the dry down then come back and buy it. Buying a perfume based on initial notes is a big no as perfume develop on the skin and different notes come out with time. Dry down could be completely different than the opening notes in the case of more complex perfumes.

18. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Yeah that was a mistake. Someone told me it's good and I bought it.

19. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    @ASLI-PATHAN

All the Mancera, Montale and Rasasi I recommended you are bottle worthy. I never buy a bottle if the scent and performance doesn't justify the price.

[​IMG]

20. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    is this your collection ?

21. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    Yes

22. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    Don't spend much on hair or skin products. Larki thori hoon. @Fireworks11 and @Prince Pathan would probably have all kinds of shower gels, moisturizers, face washes, hair waxes etc

23. Fireworks11

Sep 22, 2012
    Lol, I do use Kevin Murphy clay paste sometimes to add a slick look to my hair, it provides a firm hold to the hairstyle.

24. Fireworks11

Sep 22, 2012
    Need to try out some of these Leather, Tobacco and Woody ones. Love such scents.

25. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    Tom Ford Tuscan Leather is the best leather scent. The leather in it is too harsh animalic though. Rasasi La Yuqawam is a slightly sweeter version of Tuscan Leather I'd always recommend Rasasi over Tuscan leather as you get almost the same scent in less than quarter of the price

26. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
  27. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Nice collection. I had used a couple of them. Black one in the right corner forgot its name and one million

28. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    These are just Rasasi, Montale & Mancera's. Black one is Rasasi Egra. It's a clone of Creed Green Irish Tweed. Smells a bit like Cool Water but a bit much greener & citrusy. Smells like breeze coming from a meadow of freshly cut grass just after the rain. Very refreshing but longevity is not not good, 4-5 hours max.

One Million is the worst one I have. Haven't used it like over an year. Would probably sell it

29. Fireworks11

Sep 22, 2012
    No don’t think I would like those sweet choc/honey ones. Prefer woody/leather/tobacco.

30. Fireworks11

Sep 22, 2012
    Thanks, will try it out

31. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Not too fussy about fragrances tbh. I will use whatever available on dressing table. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

32. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    What happened to your plan of getting settled in Islamabad?

33. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    My wife got a job in MSF at Timergara.. very good package and she has applied for jobs in Isb, lets see what happens

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

34. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  35. Fireworks11

Sep 22, 2012
    D&G - The One - Mysterious Night
    D&G - The One - Royal Night

Tried these two. Such exotic, intense, masculine, woody scents. Might buy one.

36. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    D&G Light Blue Pour Home Eau de Toilette is beyond exquisite.

37. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    Coincidentally, got light blue intense today as summer is coming
    AAAA.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  38. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Zara perfumes seems to be cheap. which ones are good for the ladies as gift.

39. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    I bought few days back Rasasi La Yuqawam Pour Homme along with Rasasi Shuhra. Both are amazing perfumes.

40. Mad Genius

Oct 6, 2014
    Both are excellent beast mode fragrances especially La yuqawam is an elite scent. The type of which you expect CEO's to be wearing. Don't use them in heat though otherwise you're gonna choke people around you. But could word indoors in air conditioned environment. Did you try their light and summer fragrances in store. Fattan, Hawas and Al Wisam day are very good ones for summer