Future of Cricket Commentary in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Apr 10, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I dont really see any top quality commentator coming from Pakistan.. its still the same Ramiz, Wasim, Bazid, Waqar and maybe Sohail sometimes. No one from the recently retired players coming to this field.. compare this to other teams,

Graeme Smith, Makhaya Ntni, Hayden, Michael Vaughan etc all coming through from other teams but we are still stuck with same boyses

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    1. We don't have players who can speak fluent angrezi
    2. We don't have players who retire

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Perhaps only Akhtar could have made a good career out of it but his loud mouth and inconsistent views would add no value to the game.

Or may be guys like Azhar Mahmoud, Mushtaq and Saqlain who are now based in England must be having some good command of English but they're more interested in coaching.

4. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Bazid Khan will stay for the foreseeable future.

5. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    We haven't really had any commanding players in recent years apart from Misbah and Younis.

Misbah is still playing and Younis English is quite poor.

Apart from these guys none of our recent players would be in any sort of demand by an international audience.

6. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Bazid was neither a commanding player nor known at International level as a great pundit, still he is almost in every series.

I think it is also down to home team to give names for commentators from their side.

7. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Has he commented for any non UAE matches?

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    If my memory serves me right, I think it was Asia Cup where Misbah featured as an expert for a few games.... he was really struggling to put his point across.

Even Azhar Ali was cringeworthy during the PSL

9. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    I dont remember but at least we can start with new names for home series. Doesnt necessarily has to be a big name. Like For example, Bazid's knowledge and reading of game is much better than established players like Ramiz, Wasim etc

10. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Hafeez would be a good commentator - great insight of the game

11. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    It's shocking to see that young players coming into the team even now can't speak English. India was in the same place not long ago but now every single player they have communicates well in English. We're stuck in the 80s-90s in every aspect.

12. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Who gives a shit if young players can't communicate in English? Pakistan has enough of a problem already amongst the rich where Urdu is completely disappearing. Why do we insist on this inferiority complex that they must be able to speak English?

I understand that it's the most "popular" (most spoken is Mandarin) language in the world, but as long as these guys can communicate with their teammates, I don't really care.

Nadal is a world class tennis player and can barely speak English. You hardly see Spanish fans complaining about his English. Why should he know English anyway? To give interviews? Give me a break.

There's no "stuck in the 80-90s" mindset here - you only have a point if they don't know how to communicate period.

13. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    I think it must not be necessary to select ex cricketers as commentators only.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

14. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017