Gayle VS Ajmal

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Bouncer, Sep 27, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    This is one thing I would really love to watch if Pak and WI get to Semi finals or finals

So far Ajmal hasnt come across someone as destructive as Chris in last two years, so lets see how ajmal handles Chris.

2. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Very unfair to Ajmal or to any bowler of his class. The wickets here are so flat and the boundaries, the less said the better. Even a mis hit off his doosra woukd fly for six. So how can we expect him to win?

Tapatalking at work

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  3. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    Thats what makes cricket interesting, doesnt it? I say its fair to Gayle to have flat wickets and small boundaries on his side, if ajmal has an advantage of a bent eblow.

• List
  4. Talha3

Talha3 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 28, 2012
    It's a shame Gayle wasn't there for our last series against WI and in the WC quarter Gul got him early so he hasn't faced Ajmal at the best stage of his career (last 18 months). Actually I wonder if Gayle has ever faced Ajmal?

5. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    2008 series in UAE?

6. Proud To Be A Pakistani

Proud To Be A Pakistani Talented

Sep 25, 2012
    I put my money on Guldozer to get him in his 1st spell ;)

7. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Anyone as destructive as Gayle. I think Pietersen is pretty destructive and Ajmal has faced a lot of him recently with great success

8. Talha3

Talha3 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 28, 2012
    Just checked. Gayle played in all 3 matches in that series with two tons and a duck however Ajmal wasn't playing in one of matches Gayle scored in. In the other match, Ajmal only went for 35 off 10 (most economical bowler) so obviously Gayle didn't smash him around. Even if he had, I wouldn't have looked too much in to it as Ajmal was half the bowler then than he is now.

As I was checking I also noticed, interestingly Gayle has never played a t20 against Pakistan.

9. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    How many runs did KP score in Odi's and t20's against Pak earlier this year
    ?
    Secondly dont think KP > Chris interms of pure destruction. KP is more of a great complete batsman.

• List
  10. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    How many runs did KP score against Ajmal ? I am pretty sure not once has he took him apart.
    Also what do you mean by a destructive batsman? To me destructive means scoring lots of runs at a good strike rate. In this sense I think both KP and Gayle can be equally destructive on their day.

• List
  11. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010

Yep, you are right ONLY 2 hundreds in 4 ODI's is not enough...especially considering that he was batting on challenging, seaming pitches of UAE and not on flat tracks, batting paradises of SA/AUS/Eng.

12. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Swann done alright against Gayle. Got his wicket, 9 balls, 8 runs, 0 fours, 1 six.
    Ajmal can't turn it as much as Swanny. Swanny doesn't have the same varieties as Ajmal. But the way Gayle plays Ajmal will be the way he plays everyone - For Ajmal to succeed against Gayle his variations must be sublime and Gayle isn't the type of player who'll have a brain explosion. If he can't play him he'll nudge the ball around and target someone else.

13. King Amla 311*

King Amla 311* Youngsta Beauty

Sep 9, 2012
    Michael Hussey was Ajmal's wicket quite a few times in the UAE but it doesn't change the fact that Hussey did not score runs of him either .. Close contest :)

14. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    What you on about? Your thread was about how Ajmal fares against Gayle and how he hasn't come up against someone as destructive as him before. I told you that KP is as destructive as Gayle and that Ajmal has performed well against him. In response you've gone off into your own lala world and talked about 2 centuries KP scored against Pakistan (none of which Ajmal was destroyed). Can you bring up any innings where KP has performed vs Pakistan where Ajmal has been destroyed by him?

15. Proud To Be A Pakistani

Proud To Be A Pakistani Talented

Sep 25, 2012
    lol All of the sudden seems like Hasan Raza would come in equation as well. If he was good for amla which I have no doubt recent top in most formats then surely he can send some thrill down gayle too.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  16. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    read it one more time and try to understand it..ask others if you dont get it.

17. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Just because KP is a more of a complete batsman it doesn't mean that he's less destructive. If he's in hitting mode he can match Gayle with his range of shots and power.
    I've read it again and still don't get what your on about

18. Ali Arif

Ali Arif Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    yup it'll be interesting if they could come against each other....

19. WeeklyEmail

WeeklyEmail Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    Oh man. I'm afraid; Gayle might go berserk and start hitting sixes like he so often does! Nevertheless it would be quite an interesting cat and mouse fight if these two teams play head to head

20. Zubair Naeem Paracha

Zubair Naeem Paracha Youngsta Beauty

Sep 16, 2012
    It would be one of the most interesting contest (if it happens).

21. salem

salem Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    Nahhh... Gayle doesn't stand a chance against Ajmal in form. No way sir

22. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    iDone vs Wallloooppp?
    My money is on iDone.

23. ataif

ataif Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    dont think gayle will come on top against ajmal, as he will finally get him out somehow with his variation

24. zaibi

zaibi Youngsta Beauty

Sep 29, 2012
    Ajmal's a smart bowler, and the way that Gayle plays, he won't be able to get him away for too much.

25. Bouncer

Bouncer Talented

Jan 14, 2010
    I wouldn't be so sure, Chris is tall and has a very long reach, where ordinary players try to fight ajmal from back foot he could possible use his reach and play the ball earlier than other batsmen. His only concerns should be the quicker flatter doosra that ajmal bowls to LHB from around the wicket.

26. Salahuddin Asjad

Salahuddin Asjad Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    Ajmal is the man. He has showed us that he can bowl to every batsman. He will trouble Gayle I think. Good luck with cricket!

27. abu bakr butt

abu bakr butt Youngsta Beauty

Sep 30, 2012
    This would be fantastic to watch... I expect Ajmal will get hit for a couple of biggies... but will eventually get Gayle.