Grade C teams in Pakistan or Grade A in UAE?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Just checking to see people opinion on this.

What would you prefer? Having a grade C team visit Pakistan or best opposition side in UAE?

Only asking because seems like people in Pakistan dont care about this series SO FAR (based on attendance).

I will go with the former.

2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Ill go with Grade C team in Pakistan cus of couple of reasons.
    1. Slanka put up a good fight in both matches. There was early hiccup in batting in first match and it was understandable but the way they recovered and posted 230+ after being 5 down in first 15 overs is to be appreciated. Also, the way they put such a good total on the board in 2nd game almost 300 and took the game right down to wire and had it not been for cool Harris Sohail and sublime Abid Ali and contributions from Fakhar and Babar and others, it was a close thing!
    2. No. 2 Pitches in UAE are just not suitable for odi cricket imo. We dont want those low scoring turning pitches in odis. Pakistani pitches with runs in them are good for limited overs cricket. For test cricket, I would prefer UAE or England over Pakistan cus crowd is better in England, pitches are better and whole marketing point of view. Pakistani public just aint interested in test cricket so better keep it in England or UAE!

3. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    A team.

These pakistan tours wont bring top teams and crowd so whats the point ? It is costing us way too much.

Besides, UAE is not the only option. We have now Wasim Khan on board and can definately strike a deal with ECb so we can host some games in england as well. Definately more profit-oriented than UAE because grounds in England will be more filled than in UAE.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Pitched in UAE are like cement pitches. Making a pitch bouncy and fast has got a lot to do with the actual soil. Black soil is the best type of soil if you want bounce and pace. Pakistan pitches are slow but they are not as bad as UAE. The flat pitches in UAE are bad for bowlers and for batsman. Flat pitches in Pakistan is not bad for anyone really as long as the bounce is decent.

5. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    until we get to a point where we can put out a decent side I dont particularly care - it makes poor watching either way. we are rated 6th in the world, which is horrendous, ahead of Bangladesh with Sri Lanka behind them. the fact that we cant steamroll their third xi with our first xi is cause for alarm, and some serious questions need to be asked of the players.

Misbah might get the benefit of a honeymoon period, but it will be a short one.

6. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
    Who is in Sri Lanka's Grade B team?

7. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
    For financially and for competitiveness: UAE
    For patriotism: Pakistan

8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Grade C or B Team is just a metaphor used in sports. Doesnt necessarily mean a team of unknown players or third tier. It means most of the premium players are not involved for whatever reasons.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    B in Pak. Build confidence. Give passionate Pak fans some cricket to enjoy.

10. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
  11. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
    I'd say calling this a Grade C team is clearly saying that these are the backups to the backups.

12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I reckon @Passionate Pakistani already answered your question.

However, does it make any difference? We are NOT playing against their A team, thats what matter. And its embarrassing to see that even this SL team was able to make 298 against our best side. This speaks volume about quality of our cricket.

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    But fans arent even coming to see the game. I saw empty stands in NSK both days.

14. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Weekdays. Try different cities. Weekends.

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Sure, but atleast people couldve come in the evening. I mean cricket is returning after what 10 years.

16. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    T20s will bring more crowd.

And I think pak played zim in Pak also.

17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Against Zimbo did we play ODI? Its a question, because I dont remember to be honest.

More to the point, it was ZIM, who mostly dont consider Intl quality team.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  18. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    It depends what the goal is. If the goal is to ultimately bring cricket to Pakistan then if it has to be grade C teams then so be it.