1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Gunmen attack Bacha Khan University in Charsadda

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by ASLI-PATHAN, Jan 20, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Terrorist are still inside as Army troops are engaged in a gun fight with them.

There are reports of casualties.

2. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Today is the 28th death anniversary of Abdul Ghaffar Khan commonly known as Bacha Khan after whom this University is named.

3. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Death toll is most likely to be on the higher side. May Allah keep all the students safe.

Another day and another brutal attack on the innocent students.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Provincial minister Shaukat Yosafzai says that at least 20 people dead till now.

5. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Oh my God not another APS please.

6. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Army claiming 4 terrorists gunned down so far.

7. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Yesterday attack in Peshawar & now this. And we thought we had broken the back of terrorists.

8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    And Army said we have broken the back of TTP ans they do not have the ability of any organised attack.

Sick and tired of these killings.

9. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    25-30 feared dead according to minister

10. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Tragic. Thoughts go out to the victims families.

11. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Pray as much as possible for the safety of those around the premises.

May Allah swt keep them all safe ameen!

12. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    This is ridiculous. Why is the government failing to prevent attacks such as these ? How do we know other universities won't be targeted in the future ?

The government, local administrators, army and intel are all failures. They have blood on their hands and should step down.

13. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    this is really sad, you think the security would become better after Peshawar incident and when threats were being made for this

14. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    Intel was provided for a possible attack..

"Just days ago, some schools in Peshawar were closed by the authorities amid reports that militants were planning an attack."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-35359072

"Peshawar schools closed after terrorist attack rumours."
    http://www.dawn.com/news/1233514

SenatorSherryRehman ‏@sherryrehman - "Not playing partisan politics on #Charsadda but why was there no official security after a week of threats to KP schools?#CriminalNegligence"

15. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Innah Lillahi Waiinah Ilahi Rajioun :(

16. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
    So no methods taken to prevent it then ? Not the first time. Blame has to go to the army, govt and local administration still.

17. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    My Khala and Khaloo teach there, have cousins and family friends there. Yet to hear back from any of them :(

18. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
    I hope they're all safe man :(

19. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    Whose job is it to act upon the intel provided?

It's a collective failure.

20. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
    Yeah, I agree.

21. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    iA they will be safe

22. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
  23. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    I wonder what is happening in Pakistan! Who could some dare to attack again!!

24. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    Absolutely none dude. Stressed out

25. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  26. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
    Damn. InshaAllah they'll be alright, yar.

27. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    My prayers for your family members and friends. InshALLAH they're safe!

28. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    they'll be fina INSHALLAH, we all are praying bro

29. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 18, 2012
    Just when you think that the country might be moving towards some sort of stability, one of these attacks happen...

I pray for the safety of the innocent people who are still stuck in the premises or around it and hope that these monsters get what's coming to them.

30. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    University was given 54 guards and probably that was one off the primary reasons why death toll stayed way low than everyone initially expected. Not saying 20 deaths isn't a big loss, it's a huge one, but when one analyzes the incident in context that there were over 3000 people in the university, one's forced to admit that law enforcement agencies must have done something right.

These intel alerts get circulated every week, while there are over 64000 educational institutions in KP. Do you guys actually feel all 64k could be given security? It's practically impossible with a police force of just over 70000.

May ALLAH SWT give jannah to all shuhaadas and may HIS curse be upon killers of innocent people. Aameen

31. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    shouldn't a college or any such facility after School be more strict on who goes in and out ?

id system is a start

32. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Like most of you I was hoping we'd seen the end of this sort of mindless butchery.

What we have to concentrate on is that before the army crackdown we had stopped talking about terrorist attacks because they were happening so often they had become a macabre sort of normality.

Now we are horrified about individual attacks again which as sad as it sounds is progress for us. It shows that the crackdown has made a lot of difference and that we've now come to see such attacks as an abnormality rather than the status quo.

Hopefully the crackdown will intensify and intelligence about plans will improve to the point that such attacks will be so rare the whole world notices and not just Pakistanis.

33. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    1. Thank you for your concern and prayer guys, my family and friends are fine.
    2. Should be happy at that news but I am not, there are many kids and future professionals wiped out by savages and many people who will never see their loved ones again
    3. The army and ISI have to answer for this. You have bombed an entire province to smithereens by telling us that it is killing terrorists and millions have been displaced for what? Karkhana was bombed yesterday now students have been massacred. How long are you gonna fool us and play with our blood. Wake up to this news every single time and directly affects my family because whether it is APS, the army HQ near my house or Bacha Khan it drives me insane. It could be my loved ones that die. With this my Khala, Khaloo, friends and cousins were involved, with APS my younger cousin was giving his exams but he was lucky, my next door neighbours were not and lost all 3 lovely kids of theirs. With HQ a few years ago all of us had our windows and roofs blown apart due to the shock of the blast. My old grandparents could have been slashed in half by the sharp shards of glass. If anybody asks me why I hate the army and ISI this is why. They are bloody useless and incompetant. It does not help that most of my family members are in the army too. Supposed to be preventing stuff like this. So bloody pissed off

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  34. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
    ^ That is good to hear @Prince Pathan , but yes you are right, we should also keep in mind about the lesser fortunate people :(

35. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    According to eye witnesses in hostel of the University alone 42-45 students were shot dead by the terrorists. Why is government hiding the true facts & figures from the people? The eye witnesses said that Army troops arrived at the scene in one hour after the terrorists created havoc. For one hour they were like sitting ducks.

Very poor response from Army & other security agencies.

36. Ahson8

Jun 9, 2012
    Agree with this(pressed dislike by mistake initially). Not the first time they are undermining the no. of people killed.

37. Prince Pathan

Aug 31, 2011
    To make themselves look good so people can sing their praises as a great army.

That is what those incompetent scum did during the APS attack too, by then 100s of kids had been murdered, then they grabbed dead bodies from Barra and dumped them at the scene of APS. Staso tole pa makhke ba asliyat razi yaw wraz

38. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    @JaagAlerts: #Breaking visuals on JAAG: Facilitators of Charsadda attackers being shown to media in Peshawar