Hafeez Dropped From T20 Squad Due To Bi-Secure Bubble Disagreement With PCB

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by TalhaSyed, Jan 31, 2021.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. TalhaSyed

TalhaSyed Youngsta Beauty

Mar 12, 2018
    The veteran batsman had been widely expected to feature in the three-match series, having hit an unbeaten 99 in Pakistan's recent T20I against New Zealand as well as two half-centuries in England last September.

But Hafeez - currently in action in the Abu Dhabi T10 League - was unable to agree a date to join the rest of Pakistan's squad in the bio-secure bubble ahead of the first T20I in Lahore on February 11, live on Sky Sports Cricket.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sk...against-south-africa-over-bubble-disagreement

2. TalhaSyed

Mar 12, 2018
    Is it just me who finds this absolutely ridiculous?

Hafeez choosing to play a Micky mouse T10 competition in Abu Dhabi rather than returning to Pakistan in time.

The fact that he thinks he should be allowed to join the bio-sechre bubble whenever he wants really shows how naive and ignorant Professor Saab is with regards to COVID, the impact it has and how it works.

Idiot.

3. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Agree. These beghairat seniors have no shame.

4. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Banned

Apr 16, 2010
    Good job for once by PCB.

Not sure if it was Muhammad Wasim, or Wasim Khan behind this but there is no compromise on that.

It should also send a good message to young players that discipline and professionalism are the two main auxiliaries to support your claim of being a patriot or a Nationalist.

Otherwise this hot air from the mouth that, “I always play for my country” is just BS.

5. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    Good that they dropped him. Lately PCB started to stand up to these so called seniors, hopefully this trend will continue.

6. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    People seem to be happy that Hafeez is dropped has shocked me. Hafeez is so appealing on the eyes even more so than Babar.

7. TalhaSyed

Mar 12, 2018
    I don't think people are glad that Hafeez was dropped. I think people are glad that the PCB are finally standing up to senior players and not letting them get away with whatever they want.

8. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Good on PCB to stand up and a good chance for another player to step up. Overall many winners and only one whiner

9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Understand where you are coming from but surely the PCB have a part to play. If I was in charge I wouldn’t want any of my players playing T10 in the first place and with the current Covid situation it’s unrealistic to let players get a few games in. There was no case of giving a NOC. Hafeez is also partly to blame. He should have tried to meet the deadline. So both PCB and Hafeez are jointly at fault here.

10. TalhaSyed

Mar 12, 2018
    Hmm I'm struggling to put any blame on the PCB this time for a pleasant change.

I think it would be unreasonable for PCB to stop giving NOCs to players because of COVID.

There is no guarantee that players will be selected for the international team so not allowing them to play in other competitions would be completely unfair on the players.

If you have players like Harris Rauf who can leave the BBL to come back in time to represent Pakistan, why can't Hafeez?

There are players like Asif Ali playing the T10 competition who are leaving early to come back to play the SA T20s, so why should Hafeez get special treatment?

It's funny - if the PCB blocked the players from playing the T10 league to keep them as place holders for national selection the likes of Hafeez would be the first to complain. Whenever, an international board grants their players with NOCs to play in international competitions they are expected to return for National duty whenever required - COVID or no COVID.

This time around I'm struggling to put any fault on PCB and from what information has been revealed so far Hafeez is the one who seems at fault since due to his "seniority" he is expecting special treatment.

11. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    All these players were crying when PCB limited their involvement in these leagues. As @TalhaSyed said we are not happy to see Hafeez getting dropped we are happy to see PCB standing the ground.

12. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    It seems to be uniquely Pakistani situation where the country invests in players for years and decades, and then the same players become too full of themselves to show loyalty and repay that investment. I don't think PCB did much here by enforcing their own bubble rules that they probably jointly decided with SA. Hafeez just decided to skip this T20 match and placed the T20 league over it, with no consequences, knowing that he will be back in the WC T20 squad. Now if the PCP decides to leave him out for the WC, then i'd say Hafeez will be facing the consequences of his choices but we all know that will never happen.

In summary, let's not give PCB too much credit for doing nothing but follow bubble rules they and SA agreed on.

13. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    True, I went over little on this. At least they did enforce something.