Hafeez, Younis,U.Akmal, Afridi, Sarfraz, Tanvir could learn from Ajmal on how to bat..

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Major, Jun 16, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010

We dont want another razzaq....we want another Imran Khan.... aim high

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  2. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Ohhhh please, enough with the whining. Ive supported pakistan more than likely before you were born. Did you see me running around hysterically on this forum after pakistan whitewashed England for example?
    Ive supported the good pakistan, the bad pakistan and the downright lame pakistan. Ive supported pakistan during the 1999 WC final even after everyone thought i was an idiot for supporting a corrupt team. Hell i'd walk around my area with the infamous 1999 strip with people jeering at me. Ive said many a times that i will no longer support a team that has odious little characters like wahab riaz still present. Then there are other aspects of pak cricket that im disillusioned with. The lack of professionalism, the cronyism, I would support a mediocre or even bad pakistan team if i was sure that they gave it their all.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  3. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    1. What's your point? He's done well in both whenever he's gotten a chance. Give me one example of when Hammad failed. Also, U19 and 'A' team aren't that different. One contains the teams youngest, brightest talents and the other contains more experienced players that are on the brink of selection. 'A' team barely plays anyway.

2. Okay, again what's your point? We can only hope right now considering he's not getting the chances. What else can we do?

4. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    That's the spirit....

Lets hope we find one.

5. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    1) that there is a huge gulf between international cricket and U19 cricket.

2) You never select someone on "hope" especially batsmen.

Name me one batsman that has succeeded based on "hope"?

6. nad786

nad786 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 14, 2010
    Wot we need is imran nazir. Ahmed shehzad, nazir jamshed, baber azam, rameez raja jnr, hammad azam and zia ul-haq in the team. These players

7. NO 1 AFRIDI FAN

NO 1 AFRIDI FAN Talented

Aug 30, 2011
    Yup, fill the team with all inexperienced players. We've seen this happen before, we know what happens after it.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  8. nad786

nad786 Youngsta Beauty

Jun 14, 2010
    Well they can't do any worse than the current lot. We need to have quality back up players. Yesterdays performance was shameful.

9. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    1) tell me what he has done to be selected? What's his FC record like? What's his record for the A team like?

2) what's his international record look like?

3) you keep repeating that he done well in U 19... But since when was U19 a good guide for success?

10. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    When has selecting players based on FC done us any good? Seriously? Everyone that has been a star for us has more often then been picked based on his ability and showmanship in actual situations. He has shown that he can absorb pressure and that's exactly what we need it.

I don't care about his international record because that's not a good indication of what he can do. I already cited his two good performances when he had a half a chance. I want you to show me when he has failed to produce anything of value when the team needed it from him, which is what Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Misbah, all have failed to do recently.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  11. taqvi

taqvi Emerging Player

Feb 5, 2011
    The skipper sucks .. his approach is defensive and that is why they are following his league,
    HAFEEZ - flop opener with an average of 28
    AZHER ALI - good batsman but good for the 90's not the kinda opener we need in ODI
    YOUNIS - should retire gracefully, he is just making money and doesn't take the game seriously, he just wants to play as long as he can unless someone kicks him out.
    UMER AKMAL - this dude seems to disappoint me a lot , I have realized that since misbah has taken over, his performance is gradually going down.
    AFRIDI - he plays for himself and wants to steal the show, selfish.
    MISBAH - One of the worse skipper, just by beating teams like zimbabwe in ODIs doesn't make you a great captain.
    UMER GUL - again plays when he is in a mood, otherwise will give short balls i dont know why !!

IT IS ENTIRELY THE COACH AND SKIPPER'S FAULT, WHO DECIDE THE FINAL 11

This is the worse ODI team, boring game play, have no idea how to utilize PP overs, freaks out if they have to chase 230+, the only reason we have won is cause of our bowlers, i dont remember when any batsmen gave us a game or victory.

12. Victorious Pakistan

Victorious Pakistan Smooth Operator

Feb 29, 2012
    iZeeshan I'm afraid it's something that runs through Pakistan and the Selection Process. I'm in agreement with you, Whenever Hammad Azam has played he has done nothing wrong. Every game i saw Hammad play, he was Misused and had more or less nothing to do, yet when he was given the chance to play and do something he did it, he has real ability with the bat. He is just one of those Players who is being mistreated by Pakistan.

It begs the question why was he dropped orignally? He has done nothing wrong whatsoever.

He is the type of Player Pakistan needs, a nice lad, Quiet and gets on with his job, you never see him put a foot wrong and can't fault his commitment. He did not deserve to be dropped as he is a player Pakistan needs, a good talent we have in him, but it's to much to ask from Pakistan to treat him properly.

Instead we have Flops in the batting Department who consistantly be given a chance. Player's who should not be dropped are, and players who should be dropped are not, Wah @ Pakistan.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  13. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    You show me three batsmen that were successful straight from U19, then I'll show you five using the method I support.

You are confusing bowlers with batsmen.

Bowlers have been stars straight from U19/TALUNT

14. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    I've only started following U19 recently so I can't help you there - i know that's not good enough.

But you can't provide me of times when Hammad failed either. SO I guess we're even.

Oh and UA was a hit from U19.

15. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    I don't need to find tell you when he failed.

Why?

Someone need to prove they SHOULD be in the team... Not the other way round.

UA was a U19 hit... Then was a domestic hit.... Then was a A team hit...

Then scored an aggressive test century against Bond.

Then scored a mature 50 against bond.

Then scored an ODI century..

Then hit Australia all over the park...

Then got to Number 10 in the world in ODIs

(and a lot in between)

16. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    I already told you why he should be in the team but you're not willing to accept it, so let it go.

No need to furhter derail the thread.

17. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    what's this thread about?

18. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    It's not about Hammad Azam.