Haider Ali - Are you impressed?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Oct 4, 2014
    This kid has impressed one and all this tournament and everyone is taking notice of his brilliant stroke play and performances in PSL.

He is the second highest run scorer for Peshawar Zalmi so far in this season with 238 runs at an ave of 34 and Strike rate of 162 from 8 matches.

What is interesting to note is that he has hit the most no. of sixes out of all the PZ batsmen.

Should he be selected for the WT20 or is it still too soon to give him the chance on such a big stage?

2. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    yes, he should be introduced to the International team.

I would love to have him tried in Tests first

hope he stays clean of OP and everyone else nazar

3. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    He must be given chance in my opinion in t20 format to start with!!

4. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Test ka abhi uska stamina nahi bana in my opinion! T20 cricket achi khel raha hai so t20 mein hi phele chance de kar dekho ahiste ahista odi mein lao and then in tests!!

5. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Yes. He should be fast track3to national side.

Only criticism is, he is always on the verge of giving away his wicket. Needs to put a greater price on his wicket.

6. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Yes. He should replace Shan or Imam in the Test playing XI right away.

7. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Get him in the intl t20 team imo give him chances against England and in the Asia Cup and see how he fares

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Red Devil

Red Devil Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 15, 2013
    Not quite ready for Test cricket just yet but needs to be included given a long run in limited overs formats.

9. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Kid is super talented. Plays some scrumptious drives. Should be given a run in the Pak side.

10. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    No, he is not "Super talented" but yes, he has indeed showed signs of "international level quality" and deserves to be immediately made part of the T20 and ODI teams, to eventually make his way into the test side.

Stop the classical trait of a typical sentimental Pakistani fan for over hyping players when they show some potential.

A "super Talented" would be someone who played like Tendulkar in his young years.

This kid is playing tulla maar T20 format, he surely displayed his international level quality batting and he should be Thankful to PSL that got him under the limelight - and hence there is a public pressure to select him into the national T20 side, otherwise, our dumb and blind selectors would've just ignored him in favor of some other daft.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  11. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    It's becoming a joke really. Last month it was Huraira this time Haider. I really don't understand this process. I really don't. Lots of people were hyping Ahsan Ali. After a cursory examination after turning on the television on you would probably would think Rahat Ali was batting instead of Ahsan Ali.

We have been told every other Pakistani player was the man. I've lost count. I wish him the best but there is always alot of skepticism with Pakistani batsman.

12. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
    So far he is only good batting find in this PSL. We can't push someone to Test based on the performance in T20 tough.

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    I think it primarily started with Umer Akmal when our inferiority complex hit fans and sexually frustrated yet hopeless romantic philosophers at PCB compared him with Kohli, and predicted that Umer will end up being better than Bradman and Tendulkar combined.

After him, every 6 months we would find a potential mega star in making but none lasted more than a year.

14. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
    Don't believe the hype, see the players for yourself and reach your own conclusions. I can dig up posts where people expressed a very similar kind of skepticism about Babar and Shaheen!

There's honestly no point watching sports and following a team if you're always going to be pessimistic and hopeless.

15. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Only other time I've seen RD mad was at @Rhythm note @Munna

16. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
    Lol did I sound mad? o_O

17. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Oct 4, 2014
    Lol... can't blame him tbf. We both are really excited about this kid

18. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    Selected in tests on the basis of few good shows in a tamasha league ?

We are worse than our selectors

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

19. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    please dont

20. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    was our best batsman in the U19 WC as well

21. PakistanZindabad!

Sep 29, 2012
    Tests is too soon let him focus on getting selection for the T20 WC first, if he can be successful in getting selected and does well there then we can see ODI and Tests

22. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    It’s not overhype it’s called presenting your analysis having watched him play. So far he has clearly been the best of the domestic batsman on show at the PSL. By watching him play you can see Haider times the ball very well and has a lot of potential.

bring him in LOIs first, don’t throw him in all formats just like that.

23. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    i mean to say Test is the best format to start the international career as it helps u get mature and improve as a batsman

24. PakistanZindabad!

Sep 29, 2012
    This is true but I also don’t want him to hurt his confidence if he doesn’t do too well. Mental block will only hurt him and us

25. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    i dont think his confidence will be hurt because he was picked up by Zalmi based on his domestic and U19 performances