1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Haris Rauf (clocked 148) - Keep an eye on him during the PSL

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Energy, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    In the Qalandars Abu Dhabi T20 tournament, heard the commentators say multiple times that he was clocking 148. And if you look at this last couple of overs in the final, he roughed up Albie Morkel and Chris Morris with his pace. Yes that's not a great sample but the pace was there.

Will be keeping an eye on him during the PSL.

2. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    unless hes consistent like lee shoaib I aint interested in Yadavs

3. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Too many of the same trundlers in Pak domestic cricket, we are now producing a few real quick guys, it’s important to have a pure express fast bowlers camp where you invite, Musa Khan, Naseem Shah, Mohammed Hussain, Shaheen Afridi, Salman Irshad, Harris Rauf, Mushtaq Kholoro apart from these guys the only people who bowl above 140 in domestics is probably Wahab, Sami and Irfan the rest are either 122-129 kph those bowlers or are 129-135 kph type of bowlers, you take there swing away and they become toothless.

4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Looks like he has a suspicious action..??

5. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
  6. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    Tone down your expectations mate. We are passing through the worst phase in terms of talents.

7. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Yes, he has. I thought he was quite similar to Bumrah but not that straight.

8. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    whats his age?

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    yup also fraud phase

talent from kpk lying about their age all the time

10. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    He did some excellent bowling in abu dhabi t20 final.

11. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016

12. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    He's sharp for sure.

13. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Where were you all day long, I wanted to discuss on a scale of 1 to 10 on the hack meter I built especially for Hafeez I wanted to tell you what his reading is.

14. Del

Dec 21, 2016
    Yeah, I usually dont come here on weekend due to family commitments.

Excellent performance by him. Not to mention his SR at which he made those runs. I havent watched his innings so will take it on Tuesday.

Cheers !

15. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Some great yorkers! Get him in, really tired of slow trundler galore

16. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    @Del wow impressive pace. He should be selected right away. Good find. Decent action. I hope he can bat too.

17. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Nothing wrong with his action. But pace is not as high as it seems.

18. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    He looks sharp..batsmen are struggling to negotiate those fast yorkers.

19. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    is he the brother of Abdul Rauf a legendary Fast bowler

20. Del

Dec 21, 2016

Yes, he got pace and quick through the air, so he could be drafted in T20 side.

Its refreshing to see that after a long time a bowler can hit consistently high 140's. Current lot cant even hit mid 140's, so it speaks volume how sharp our pacers are.

Bowlers who are quick though the air takes pitch out of equation and yield wickets anywhere regardless of conditions. We need such bowlers.

21. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Keep an eye on him.... but for his bad on-field attitude

22. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    What good is speed when economy is 10+? I hope he will not turn into another Semi, and start using his brain as well.

23. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Lost his mojo recently.

24. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Have been saying it for AGES now, rubbish bowler, even worse attitude.

Somehow fluked his way to wickets in the BBL, otherwise been useless in PSL and his Pakistan outings. Sooner we get rid of him the better. Brainless bowler, disgusting attitude, quite simply pathetic.

25. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Don’t understand. He was bowling yorkers at will in PSL & BBL. How can you lose that ability in a short span of time?

26. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    lack of match practice.

27. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    I don't know how all the bowlers lose this as soon as they join Pakistan team. So it has to be same reason, our great bowling coach.

28. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    And ironically the bowling coach who was arguably the greatest yorker bowler of all time! It’s baffling why a bowling unit coached by him not only don’t bowl yorkers, it’s as if they refuse to bowl yorkers.

Mind boggling. You’d think if there was one thing Waqar could pass on was how and when to bowl yorkers!

29. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    May be he does not want to teach them so there will be no one like him.

30. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011

Lol doubt I doubt that

Tbf, Waqar was a natural..it can be difficult to pass on the same skills. In general, not many fast bowlers around the world are bowling yorkers.

31. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    hasnt performed well at international asof yet

32. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    True. Bowling yorkers are not easy on the body, may be the bowlers are avoiding it to prolong their careers.

33. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Plus ICC two ball rule in ODIs has killed bowler confidence

34. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    I’ve never understood this mentality. Why settle for a mediocre long career than try to have a stellar 4-5 years.

If anything Waqar should be the first one to explain to them about that. Waqar post 97 tried to preserve himself understandably after 2 serious back injuries. And although he had a few good performances after that, if his whole career was like that he would never be a household name.

It’s because of those stellar years between 89-94 that made him the phenomenon that he is known as.

35. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Shouldn't even be playing, based on his pathetic attitude alone.

36. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    It’s not ideal, but I’d rather have that attitude than the meek good boy attitude where you bowl, get smacked, smile, walk back, bowl, queue up to congratulate the batsman who just smacked you as he walks off.

Enough of this lame pacifist team attitude. They’re not here to win the noble peace prize.

37. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    But he gets smacked, turns around shouts at his team mate, runs in, gets smacked, will go for 0-64 in 9.5 overs before getting a wicket off his last ball and then run to the batsman and make some stupid 'cut-throat' celebration.

Guy is a mong

38. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    His performance in Australia has gotten to his head. Bowling in T20 is completely different then ODI, the batsmen take more chances in T20 then ODI. Bowling brainlessly fast will not get you wickets in ODI unless you attack the stumps and Pak bowlers go short and wide.

39. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Not sure that ever happened, but my point is - it’s not the attitude people should have a problem with, it’s the fact he hasn’t performed very well.

And my wider point is, this team need to shell this meek, loser attitude of being happy to just turn up. Sure that doesn’t mean shouting at team mates, or swearing at the opposition or giving verbals.

But have some passion, have some aggression, a few stares etc. At least show you care.

It seems for most Pakistani players, the victory is getting in to the team or staying in the playing XI. Once on the pitch they seem like they are just going through the motions. “Hey if we win great, but as long as I’ve done enough to be selected for the next match, all good”