Haris Sohail should seal the No.4 spot

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Energy, May 14, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Not just based on today's innings but he was good in the previous Aus series as well. Has good timing, averages close to 50 which add to that his finger spin, he become a valuable part of the team.

Going forward, this top four would also become a long-term strategy provided Haris doesn't get injured as his fitness is always an issue. But he seems to have the game of a top order batsman and his innings today has done him no harm.

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Already sealed. Looking good today.

3. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Lets hope so. We have Hafeez and Malik waiting who have the power to push over anyone.

4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    And he is run out. He didn’t even attempt to dive. Very lazy guy.

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    My only problem with Harry is that he throws away good starts, like what he did today. The way he got out was atrocious, no other set batsman will run like him (away from the wicket). These little things make a lot of difference, because this pitch has no daemon, he was playing run a ball, could've make a big 100 to help his team but due to his lazy attitude he threw it away.

6. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Hafeez not being able to bowl has really hurt our combination. Hafeez in there instead of Imad would have been a solid batsman and a handy bowler.

7. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Who says he cant bowl?

8. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I don't see him being dropped now. Malik will have to warm the bench. Hafeez should be in for Faheem in the next match.

9. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Umm no I think faheem is required to bowl. Hafeez in current bowling form with 10 overs with 100 runs given I believe?

10. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    He can bowl obviously but without any kick :p

11. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Hafeez is a smart bowler. He won't do any worse than what Faheem and Yasir have done. Adds balance to the squad.

12. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Ok i havent really followed faheem recently, so I cannot compare hafeez and faheem the bowler. We need hafeez, ideally I would swap him with Imad. Replace Junaid with faheem

13. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Faheem has been absolutely rubbish against teams not named Zimbabwe and other associates. Imad is a must for this team.

14. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Yes Haris has sealed his place in the top 4.

15. sabeeh

sabeeh Youngsta Beauty

Feb 23, 2015
    Very good player Harris Sohail is, very pleasing on the eye as well. I think he has done enough to play at 4 for Pakistan in WC. Hafeez probably should play at 6. With Hafeez and Harris in team, they can be our 6th and 7th bowling option as well.

16. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam and Haris Sohail. That should be our top 4. Asif Ali absolutely has too carry on performing the way he has been in the next 2 ODI's as well and that's our top 5 sorted.

Really don't want too see Malik or Hafeez in the starting XI in all honesty.

17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    On contrary, I would opt Hafeez on Harris, because it seems to me that once set Hafeez can accelerate when needed. However, Harry continue to bat in similar way, he doesnt possesses that 5th gear which is needed to attack.

Icing on the cake, Hafeez's bowling.

Our top 5 batters should be able to play according to condition and also must be able to push scoring rate when needed and for that, I will go with Fakhar, Imam, Babar, Hafeez and Asif.

18. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    The Mafia of Hafeez and Malik is far too good for keeping deserving players on the bench. And the board is weak in its knees to kick them out.

19. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Idk guys, I want Haris but it is clear that Sarfraz needs to bat up the order to succeed, and for better or for worse, he's a lock in this team

Haris has shown no ability to accelerate and IMO he's a worse Babar. Malik and Hafeez can both accelerate / hit sixes. Make of that info what you will.

20. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    Fakhar,imam,Babar,harris,hafeez,sarf and asif should be our lineup.If 5 bowlers are needed, then either hafeez or asif should make way for the bowler

21. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Simple solution is for Babar to open with Zaman. Haris at 3. Sarfraz 4. Hafeez 5. Asif 6.

22. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    I did consider this. BUT, I think Imam is a very good batsman who makes it into the team on his own merit, not just because he is an opener. That 150 in the 3rd ODI was a masterclass tbh. Haris cannot bat as fast as Imam can.

23. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Haris has shown a change in gear recently. He's not as slow as you'd think.

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  24. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Fakhar
    Imam
    Babar
    Haris
    Sarfaraz
    Hafeez
    Malik/Shadab
    Imad
    Amir
    Hasan
    Shaheen

25. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Shadab is a must. Don't you think we need Asif on these pitches?

26. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    If Hafeez, Malik, Imad & Shadab can up the ante then I don't think so we need him. For him to play we would be forced to drop a proper bat.

27. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Haris is a seriously good player no doubt, but Hafeez and Malik provide you with more dynamic batting.

He doesn't fit in this team unfortunately.

Not to forget his shoddy fielding and fitness.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

28. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    Malik has recently been playing more of a tuk tuk role where he focuses on building the innings. He takes singles doubles and keeps trying to nudge the ball around.

Why is he sitting at No 6? He is not a big hitter by default.

IMO, if he continues to play the way he is playing he should be in at No 4.

He can hold the innings together in the middle overs by playing his natural game, that could benefit the team.

29. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Again - why Haris isn't a permanent figure in the batting lineup is beyond shocking. Any explanation as to why Malik wasn't in the subs bench today?

30. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    He should be a permanent member of our ODI side but he needs to work hard on his fitness. Today while batting with Imad he was sitting after running doubles. He was very tired in the middle. Imagine if he was playing in say India or SL. he would be dead by now.

31. maddgenius

maddgenius Whispering Death

Oct 6, 2014
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  32. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Too late now for this world cup. Shame he wasn't a regular from the start and they dropped him after 1 innings.

This guy is 2nd most talented in the country after Babar and he gets dropped for can't bowl, can't bat Shoaib Sobers Malik :mad:

33. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    I believe sarfraz doesn't like him,, he is never used as a bowler while in Wc15 he was one of the spinner for the team.

Sent from my SM-G611F using Tapatalk

34. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Sarfraz only likes to win for the country. We can call him dumb, fat or whatever but I don’t expect him to sideline players based on his likes and dislikes even if they are good for the country.

35. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    Better than Hafeez, Malik, Asif Ali and Sarfaraz now as a batsman. It's disgusting how our management dropped him after just 1 innings in the tournament. Just imagine how much better we would have been if the top 4 was maintained as:

Imam
    Fakhar
    Babar
    Haris

I know even at their absolute best and if Haris, Imam and Babar do well we won't get too 350+ but more time if Pakistan are above 300 it makes it very difficult too beat us regardless the current form our bowling has been in.

36. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    More to the point, post WC, Harris should feature regularly in ODI and Test side, however, he needs to work very hard on his fitness.

37. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I've backed him because he's a decent player against pace bowling. Short ball still a lot if work to do. He plays pull but it goes to midwicket instead of square. On a good bouncer you can't play that shot otherwise flick, drives, cuts, lofted shots are glorious. Just a massive shame that he's 30, has fitness issues and a dodgy knee.

He's one of those batsman that you know will succeed in internationals to some extent.

A proper batsman will always adjust to a situation but could someone like Asif do that? Asif is glorified too much. It's not like he's making 50s of 20 balls. He's making them off 35 balls. After the World cup they should invest in him as a hitter but in this big campaign keep him out.

38. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Asif won't get you more than 25 runs on average because he's not a batsman.

Cloaking him as a batsman has been a trait that our management is famous for.

39. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Pull going to mid-wicket means he has lots of time and on bouncy wicket it will automatically go toward square.

Haris over malik,hafeez and asif.on any given day and if he is bowling than it will icing on the cake.

Sent from my SM-G611F using Tapatalk

40. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I agree but generally balls he pulls are short and on the off stump or outside off stump.

I'm talking about bouncers on the body or close to him. He only pulls when he's got room otherwise he ducks bouncer.

TBH I don't care if he pulls towards midwicket or square or even fine. It's where he's pulling or hooking from of course ideally your pull should try to be hit so it misses any fielder.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019