Has your opinion ever been changed through an online discussion?

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Major, Aug 13, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    In online discussions, there are two sides. One is for and the other is against. Have you ever change sides through discussion on online forums?

Because what i see on online discussion is two parties fighting on something till the end. Both believing they are right, and then both could go on googling for sources that supports there view..

But has anyone of you ever been convinced to change your opinion about something through online discussion?

2. Mars

Mars Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    I have had good experience with forums which had mature users but they were all religious forums with scholars or students of knowledge who had a good understanding of the Adaab of respecting the other point of view.

Unfortunately that particular forum is no longer online (it was closed down by the admins) and I dearly miss it.

Cricistan used to be good but PTI has ruined whatever good discussions we had in the past. Anybody who criticizes or asks questions is labeled as Patwari or Maryam media cell member and that is why I've made the decision to keep sending in the other perspective regardless of what I'm being called.

3. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    i have learned one thing over the years.

There have been times when i would had like to change my opinion on some matters, but then when personal attacks are used, one then doesnt want to change his view.

I have seen it many times that people bring in personal attacks which makes it hard for the other person to change his views on a subject.

At times i have seen posters make very good points with good source, but they end up ruining their whol post by leaving a personal attack at the end of their post.

But thats what my experience has been