Hassan Nisar regrets supporting PTI

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Del, Jan 17, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Prominent analyst Hassan Nisar expressed regret that he had urged the public to vote for the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) during the general elections last year.

“I had assumed that they had done some form of homework on governance before coming into power, but it seems they were out on a picnic or on a date and suddenly found themselves in positions of power,” he said while talking to a local media outlet.

“They keep on making task forces, I had thought these task forces were already made. I assumed that party members who seemed educated – intellectuals, professionals, technocrats – must have worked on the issues.”

“I did not think they were so incompetent,” he added.

“They gave off the impression of competence and ability, and I regretfully bought into the narrative,” Nisar said while adding that “I did not think there was any reason for them to lie”.

“Another important belief I held but now do not agree with is the view that an honest and sincere man at the top can make things better,” Nisar lamented.

“Pakistan and India’s history clearly shows this belief is incorrect,” he added.

In response to a question, the prominent analyst and journalist said that he doubts both the capability and the intention of the current group of people in power.

“Other than Prime Minister Imran Khan, I am very doubtful of sincerity and honesty on part of others,” he said.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2019/01/14/prominent-analyst-hassan-nisar-regrets-supporting-pti/

2. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Well i hope Imran listens to him and make the necessary changes.

but what choices does he have? Asad umar was his man. he is under some criticism. Others are just enjoying the success of imran khan.

3. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Imran cannot be doubted

Criticism of Asad Umar is unfair...we will see in 2 years time

Rest of the team is indeed nothing special.

However, all in all nothing can be said within 5 months. We will get a much clearer indication of things in 2 years time. Mark this post. Sabr.

4. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Asad Umar is actually one of the ministers working hard. If you go back a few months, most people were saying Pakistan would be bankrupt by this time and the dollar would be nearing 200. He has done well enough to stabilize the economy with adrenaline shots. Now let's see how the policies work out.

The rest of the government is in shambles. Imran is also a part of the problem. His insistence on adding Zulfi Bukhari to the cabinet. Him not removing Razzaq Daud from the cabinet. Him appointing Buzdar as CM. He has commuted a lot of blunders already and people are running out of patience.

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I am still unable to understand Buzdar's appointment, Khan explained the rational behind his appointment but I am not certain if CM Punjab is competent enough.

Also, heard the same for health minister Dr. Yasmin, but I am willing to give them time.

6. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    We should give them time. There is no magic wand as people thought that once PTI comes into power things will change overnight. There were too many expectations from IK as he made people believe with his pre-election tall claims.

7. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    If the culprits of Sahiwaal tragedy are not briskly brought to justice, most aptly death penalty for all the officers involved and the heads of CTD and the ISI, then Imran Khan has no right to stay in power.

8. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    No body is expecting or asking for miracles. At least appoint capable people for the job. Buzdar is the laughing stock of the entire country.