Heads up on some decent cricket bats

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Saul Goodman, Mar 1, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Im in pakistan and have decided to buy a few bats for myself and a good friend as a gift. Nothing super flashy but a decent bat. Im looking at CA as ive had a good ca bat that is still going strong. Im just looking to buy a bat to slog with while my mate is a bit of strokemaker.

Any ideas would be gratefuly received.

2. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    I'm not sure as to which labels are readily available in the market but I had purchased a Slazenger V600 a few years ago which worked fine at that time. More recently I brought a MB Malik Sher and that's got decent stroke about it. I think the Boom Boom Signature range of bats is currently very popular (haven't tried it though) and you can get the light/middle-weight one if you're looking to slog.

Sialkot is really the city you need to be buying from but I usually buy from Anarkali bazaar in Lahore.

Cover Drive yaar you are needed here!

3. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    No love for CA then???

4. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
  5. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    CA have really good cricket bats. Boom Boom is an option too for a slogger.

6. Shahzebayub

Shahzebayub Smooth Operator

Feb 3, 2012
    I purchase boom boom from kashmir very poor quality here...

7. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    I've got a Boom Boom bat for slogging and the ball does travel!

I prefer using my Kookaburra though, better weight distribution and I just feel more comfortable with it.

But CA seems to be a really option if you want to get a bat from Pakistan.

Ihsan is also a very good make (used by the likes of Chris Gayle)

Then you also have MB (was very popular a couple of years ago. From personal experience, make decent bats) and AS (used by Razzaq) which are also decent.

8. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Ill be honest with u guys. I cant play for shit but i just want a decent bat that i can smash the ball with. Also i want a decent bat i can get as a gift for a mate , hes more of a technical player but only plays casualy when hes got the time.

9. Saul Goodman

Jun 12, 2011
    Ill be honest with u guys. I cant play for shit but i just want a decent bat that i can smash the ball with. Also i want a decent bat i can get as a gift for a mate , hes more of a technical player but only plays casualy when hes got the time.

10. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    CA is good...we used to favor MB MALIK SHER (thats what afridi used to play with)...BDM is great too.

11. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    For yourself opt out for MB Malik Bubber Sher as they have massive edges which enhance slogging due to wider sweetspot.

For your friend if budget is not constraint then you can't go wrong with CA 15000 Plus as it's hybrid otherwise CA 12000 Plus LE TRD would be fine too!

Good luck!